Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

More questions yet!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 05:33 PM
PetrolisTasty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More questions yet!

I'm not that familiar with power output on 1/8 scales.

The Cen Genesis .46( http://www.hungates.com/CEN%20Genesi...r%20Truck.html ) is supposed to put out 5 Horsepower, which I DO know to be a good bit, but how much?

Give me some example.

How much can this thing tow with that power? Is there a truck that could tow this truck in a tug-of-war?

What is the steepest this thing would probably go up with that power?
Old 05-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Alteramod

Default RE: More questions yet!

well my mgt only has like 2.4 or 2.6 .... something like that and It will spin tires on any terrain really and flip over backwards. For the steepness part you would have to play with your gearing and such. Everything on these are adjustable. You can gear up or down for more speed or bottom end. As for towing.... its hard to tow anything with these as they are so light. Stock tires usually are not a performer tire and just for all around. Big joes seem to be nice all around tire http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDCW1&P=0 , the bowties and crime fighters for a hard/medium surfaced track http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLGF7&P=0 , as for rock climbing I have never had a rig for that purpose but I would say the moabs because of the side wall tread http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLPW5&P=0 .
Old 05-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Alteramod

oh and another thing for hill climbing would be adjusting your shocks and stuff like that. Another thing I have seen is someone geared down there truck and put some weights on it and pulled a s-10 pickup..... not sure if it was stagged but did two vids in two different angles and couldnt see anything that would help it get the pickup moving. It all would come down to getting the traction cause really its not hard to get a small truck like that rolling when its in neutral. I also left out the on road tires of my choice.... they would have to be proline road rage tires http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLN12&P=0 Only other tire I can think of that I really like are the hpi dirt claws http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLHD9&P=0

You will want to get new rims to fit and such to so you can change in and out of your tires with out having to remount them all the time. Not sure how easy it will be for you to find rims/tires that will be big enough so it dont look funny on it though cause the cen is so huge lol.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:15 PM
PetrolisTasty

Yeah, I thought of the tire problem. I've got a nice hobbyzone by me, though. I'm sure they'll have some.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:15 PM
PetrolisTasty

How durable would a big truck like the Genesis GST be? I saw a video of a guy who crashed into a tree going like half throttle or so and he broke his upper and lower A arm.

I plan to bash it around on some dirt dunes and beaches, so, it needs to be pretty well resistant to impact.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Alteramod

Well hitting a tree is alot harder on them then just messing up a landing and having it do cartwheels down the yard. I heard it is a pretty tuff truck. They all will break eventually and you will be ordering parts. They take alot of beating and its pretty amazing at how well they will actually hold up. With it being your first truck it will pry break soon though. No offence but it does take some time to get used to driving them and know what you can and cant do with it. haha and theres always the urge telling you to push it a bit further. I would recommend rpm arms (if they have em for the gst) for the first upgrade in durability category just because they are the best on the market IMO and alot of people will agree.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:53 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Trust me it is as tough as a Savage! You'll love it, tons of power and I don;t know of a truck that'll be able to out pull it stock vs. stock! the torque this thing has is amazing. It climbs hills easily!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Chronic

If you really plan to do alot of climbing and hill running with it, then try lowering the suspension down and keep that center diff open. You just want thick enough fluid in the CD to keep it from excessively unloading all of the power to the front wheels. The BEST nitro hillclimbers are CD equipped truggies with big aggressive tires. The CD keeps the truck from lifting the frontend as easily, so you can put more power down and run up the hill faster.