Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

URGENT Question,,, Right in the middle of a Hyper 21 Break In

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

URGENT Question,,, Right in the middle of a Hyper 21 Break In

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 02:11 AM
mkinla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT Question,,, Right in the middle of a Hyper 21 Break In

I just installed my new Hyper 21 and the break in says to let it idle for 3 minutes then let it cool down and do it 3 more times and then you done, does that make sense?

My Savage 21 was like idleing for 2 full tanks.

Help please.

Mark
Old 02-27-2003, 06:10 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

minutes.. tanks.. same thing.. You know I'm beginning to realize that idling is really a waste.. 1-2 tanks tops or.. about 6-8 minutes is the most I would idle..

I started running my motor after idling it for only 1 tank

See with the engines, idling wears them out quick, especially when theyre running rich

Brass expands more than Chrome or aluminum so if its not hot, you have excessive friction and eventually this will lead to shorter engine life despite the fact that your running it cool!! make sense?!
so really, running at 200-250 is the best thing you can do to it

ram
Old 02-27-2003, 03:25 PM
bigbadbowtie

Look at the fantom motor... they say not to let it idle at all. They say to blip the throttle through the 1st tank and get it up to 200 degrees as quick as possible. Its amazing how each manufacturer
differs in there break in process.

For my savage....... I broke it in just like my ather motors. Block up the vehicle and blip it through 1/2 a tank(its a huge tank).. let it cool. Did the same for the rest of the tank and starting driving it on the 2nd tank. If I would have let the think idle for a tank it would have idled for 20 minutes. Thats not good.It needs to get warm as soon as possible so that all the parts are expanded to there normal running size. This has worked for me.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:25 PM
ejweelin92
My Feedback: (1)

the key is, to make sure that when the motor is cooling, that the piston is at the bottom of the chamber. this help maintain high compression longer