RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MORE money to be spent.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:07 PM
PetrolisTasty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MORE money to be spent.

I was gonna get a video camera, but a truck will be better-

I want something that can bash right up there with the GST and Savage X, has a top speed of 35 or more, and most importantly, comes with the most powerfull engine you peoples can possibly think of in a RTR 1/8 scale truck. My budget will be 500 once more, even though I'll go a little over.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:50 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MORE money to be spent.

Muggy...or an Aftershock...I'm a Losi fan...
Old 05-20-2007, 12:02 AM
ttoks

GST 7.7 is proberly the most powerful.

if you want power as in uncontrollable power buy a revo and put an STS .30 in it, nothing will go faster but a good brushless car, but that will go way over your budget.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:19 AM
MadDogRC

tnx will own a revo anyday
Old 05-20-2007, 04:53 AM
duckedup

I see another pissing contest coming on...............

MGT FTW!!!!....
Old 05-20-2007, 05:07 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude buy a LST2, no i'm serious. I have both and I love the LST2.
A Revo 3.3 is also a good choice, their fast little trucks, the only reason I sold mine is because it was to small, I like big trucks and after driving a GST small just dosen;t cut it. The LST2 is almost as big as a GST.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:24 AM
ttoks

nothing out there will own a revo on the track stock vs stock with the same driver (in the mt class that is), if you want big the GST is the ticket, the LST2 is almost as big as it though, and in my opinion it's a higher quality as well, not as powerful as the GST, but it's only 13 pounds, not 17.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:39 AM
JUCD VPR

You know what you really should do? SAVE a little longer and buy yourself a 1/5 scale FG MT. Man I freaking LOVE mine, more then the GST and my LST2, but really their not comparable so I can't say one is better then another, it is just a whole different category. But the less maintenance and fun factor FG MT wins hands down in my opinion, If you by the radio, and servo's seperate you can get it for cheaper. RTR's are 1350.00 from largescale.com but I paid 950 for the truck, 45 for a radio off e-bay, 34 each for servo's hitec 645mg and 805BB, and a 20 dollar battery. SO all together I got mine RTR for around 1150 total. Your probably thinking dang thats alot of money, well yah the initial shock is but once you get one you'll understand, no more glow plugs, glow ignitors, wacky tuning all the time, 30 dollar a gallon nitro fuel, 10-15 minute run time. with the FG MT you get 45 MINUTE run times, 1-2 pull starts EVERY time, tuning is a breeze, i actually haven;t even tuned mine yet and it still runs freakin great! Maintenance? 3.00 for a gallon of gas depending on where you live. Just a suggestion
Old 05-20-2007, 06:46 AM
ttoks

and if you'v seen jucd vpr's video of his fg and think, jeez that thing go's anywhere, it's only 2wd, and theres a 4wd convention out there, plus you can get engines that are a hell of a lot more powerful then the stock engine, i would buy one except i dont have enough money lol, they're over 2 grand here. (i'm in Australia)
Old 05-20-2007, 07:24 AM
JUCD VPR

Here is the video TTOKS is talking about and my lord this massive truck takes one hell of a beating, climbs everything, ramps high, bashes hard, and holy smokes it is fast! After all that only 2WD, but they have a 4WD upgrade for about 700 more, to expensive for me and the 2WD seems to climb everything I throw in it's way, If you've seen my videos, i have no mercy for weak trucks, everything i drive breaks. In the FG video after all that beating, I only stripped a plastic spur gear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoIZkRGlnpY
Old 05-20-2007, 07:27 AM
JUCD VPR

After owning a 1/5 scale gasser like the FG, i seriously doubt I will be buying any more nitro trucks. I like my nitro's and I won;t sell them but when it comes to cpending 500 bucks for pretty much every new truck on the market i'd rather wait and save a little more and buy a big one like the FG. The Baja also looks like fun, but i'm a truck guy. 1/5 scale gasser Baja 5B's are only 900 bucks, i would suggest that if you cannot afford the FG MT.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 AM
PetrolisTasty

I don't know, this is a hard decision.

I was thinking of putting an Axial .32 into a LST2 for the racetrack and then it'd have enough power to handle more terrain than my GST, probably.

But, the Revo is in my price range and if I installed a .30 or .32 with a high rev, well.. That'd be awesome. xD, The other people at the track would be like: "LMFRASO LUK AHT DE LITLE REVO LOLLERPOP EX DEE"... SUPRISE!

Well, the Revo is like 300 or something, so I could spend enough on a good motor---

What is a very high-revving motor you peoples can think of with a good bit of power?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Alteramod

well you must be buying the revo used? Haha they alone are over 500 but what isnt getting that way right? I would also say a new tnx. Only thing that kept me from buying them was I can order parts through tower hobbies for em. If you have the money the fg sounds cool but they dont really interest me just because they are to big for my taste. Oh for big high reving motors, not quite to sure haha. Ofna force .32 says 38k rpms, the o.s. .21 vz-r ver 2. says practicle rpm range 3k-42k, and the peak racing diablo .28 claims max rpm of 42,800. Just a few out of a thousand to choose from. Even if you were getting a revo there are plenty of .18's out there that would pry make a improvement over stock.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:45 AM
PetrolisTasty

Let's put racing aside for now- what can outbash a GST?
Old 05-20-2007, 11:29 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: PetrolisTasty

Let's put racing aside for now- what can outbash a GST?
The only truck that in my personal experience that can bash with a GST is a Savage, then it would be a LST2.
huge air & backflips ~ Savage will win and the LSt2 will do backflips pretty easily also..GST eh not so much as you can see in my video BUT if i had a real ramp i'm sure it can do them no problem but not getting as big of air as a Savage and surviving the landing.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:44 AM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: PetrolisTasty

I don't know, this is a hard decision.

I was thinking of putting an Axial .32 into a LST2 for the racetrack and then it'd have enough power to handle more terrain than my GST, probably.

But, the Revo is in my price range and if I installed a .30 or .32 with a high rev, well.. That'd be awesome. xD, The other people at the track would be like: "LMFRASO LUK AHT DE LITLE REVO LOLLERPOP EX DEE"... SUPRISE!

Well, the Revo is like 300 or something, so I could spend enough on a good motor---

What is a very high-revving motor you peoples can think of with a good bit of power?

Picco .26 Will Haul *****, look up some videos. It's a drop in with a 15 dollar mount
Old 05-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Evader ---> MGT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsYj3jiwKks

How any freakin shocks would the savvy blow out doing these???? lol I'm partial to Revo's after the MGT!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 01:45 PM
JUCD VPR

i'm impressed, that vid was awesome. i wonder what he all had done to it. very cool video
Old 05-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Evader ---> MGT

He had a OS .18tm, hardcore titanium skidplates, RPM a-arms, titanium turnbuckles and proline maxx-size bowties. That vid is old too! So REVO's could've only gotten better.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Alteramod

I liked watching the slow-motion cartwheels. I was wanting to see one go far enough out to not land on that down slope cause that helps take away alot of the impact. Still though props to the trucks man. My luck I would of landed bad enough to have a pile of parts with an engine block and tires sticking out lol.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:20 PM
MadDogRC

tnx owns a revo! anyways, u cant really compare them as revo is 1:10 and tnx is 1:8. dont believe me? go to towerhobbies.com and go to the revo profile

my tnx takes hell of a bash and i do back flips all the time
Old 05-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Do you do triple backfilps in a quarry? jk
Old 05-21-2007, 07:46 AM
scottywilkes

maddog, revo 3.3 and tnx 5.2 are nearly identical in length and width, the revo might even be a bit larger.

There basically the same size, but traxxas started with saying 1/10 scale trucks and have continued to call them that.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:54 AM
ttoks

th erevo is counted as a 1:10 mainly because it's diffs arn't as heavy duty as a typical 1:8 scale, otherwise it's easily classed as a 1:8
Old 05-22-2007, 03:18 PM
poe

ORIGINAL: Evader ---> MGT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsYj3jiwKks

How any freakin shocks would the savvy blow out doing these???? lol I'm partial to Revo's after the MGT!!!!!!

Ummm, none? You set the truck up wrong, it will break true with any truck. The shocks are not a weak point in Savages if you treat them right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.