RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage servo

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 02:57 AM
Knoxville
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage servo

hey knoxville here i was out driving my savage on a nice dry asphalt road today for abou 2 hours then when i turned my truck off the servo dont work!?!?! u know if u turn the truck off when u turn the tires u can hear the servo turning making that winding noise but now they just turn limply (no winding noise) but when i turn the receiver on the start working again is it my servo saver or what i dont even know what a servo saver is but if anybody knows what the problem is help me please
Old 03-01-2003, 10:03 AM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

Default ??

Not sure I understand your post. when the truck is off, you no longer hear the servo making noise when you manually turn the wheels... is this what you mean?

As long as the servo turns the wheels when it is powered up, what's to worry about.

Is it the stock servo?

I changed mine to dual BB type, and it is much smoother, even off you can hardly hear anything when manually turn wheels. I put the stock steering servo on the throttle/brake. Much better brakes now.

BTW, the servo saver is basically just a metal spring that will help absorb impact, so your servo won't have to.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:42 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default savage servo

dont turn the tires when the the servos arent getting any power.
Old 03-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Knoxville

Default savage servo

hey adamb yes that is what i mean when i manually turn the wheels the servo makes no noise and it use to do that and now it sticks sometimes and makes a clicking noise and i have no clue what it is im thinkin im just gonna get a new servo idk hey nitro man what is the matter with tuning the wheels when there is now power to them will it hurt it i was just picking it up and the tires have never done that b4 so i really dont do it that often
Old 03-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Knoxville

Default savage servo

sorry adamb but i forgot to add that at the top of the last post the servo makes no noise when the power is off and i manually turn them then when i use the radio (power on) the wheels will some times stick to one side and they will make a poping noise when i use the radio to turn them idk i need help or a new servo oh well once i get payed i will buy a new one i guess but i would still like to get this one working for the brakes and throttle
Old 03-01-2003, 04:21 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default savage servo

you need a new servo. IF you frequently turn the servos with you hands they evidentually wear out. I knew a guy that did this and his servo crapped out on him much to early.
Old 03-01-2003, 04:25 PM
Knoxville

Default savage servo

i dont frequently turn the servos i did it onece when i got it and the other day i noticed that it did not do it anymore u know make the little winding noise now when the power is off they go limp and i know that they are not aspose to do that
Old 03-01-2003, 04:25 PM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

Default savage servo

Sounds like you blew a gear and it gets stuck on that part. Time to put in better servo.

You could probably get re-build kit for it if you still wanted to use it for throttle.

The popping noise is probably the gears hitting the stipped part.
Old 03-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Knoxville

Default savage servo

hey thanks anyway i was planning on eventually gettin a new servo anyway just not this soon oh well i already have one picked out at towerhobbies and i am ordering 4 gallons of duratrax red alert fuel
Old 03-02-2003, 12:46 AM
MaxxTurnedSavag

Default savage servo

happened to me too man , the stock savage steering servo sucks , ball bearing metal geared is the way to go , its sooooo much better
Old 03-02-2003, 12:53 AM
Alteramod

Default savage servo

Hey, I was out driveing with Knoxville.
Today I went over to his house and he took out the servor and opened it up. 2 or 3 of the teeth were broke off.
We are guessing it was when he did the 360 at full speed lol (it was awsome though) Now NEITHER of us can drive for awhile cause I broke another pull start on my buggy ERR them peaces of !@#$%!$%!@$%@$#^%!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2003, 02:09 PM
thebryguy

Default savage servo

I have some bad news for you. Your servo gear in stripped. If you take it apart you'll see what I'm taking about. I just did that this weekend. I ordered a new Hitec 645. The stock isn't strong enough for rough driving. Check it out!
Old 03-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Knoxville

Default savage servo

hey the bryguy i am also gonna order the Hitec 645 it its only 40.00$ not a bad deal plus 106oz of torque i cant wait to put it in
Old 03-03-2003, 04:39 PM
thebryguy

Default steering servo

Hey there Knoxville
Let me know how you make out and I'll do the same. I bought mine through Hitec direct and no shipping charge. Might want to look that up.
Bryan
Old 03-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Knoxville

Default savage servo

hey thebryguy that is a good idea and i will keep u updated