Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I've been away a long time...help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I've been away a long time...help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 01:39 AM
dapicco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been away a long time...help!

ok guys heres the deal...almost 2 years ago I had the savage...the revo..then the losi lst, along with some buggies, now I have none....I want to get back into notro trucks but see that they all have been upgraded and newer models have come out....any suggestions on what I should go with.....out of the trucks I had the losi lst was probably my favorite...help if you can please...thanks guys and glad to be back
Old 05-28-2007, 01:49 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: I've been away a long time...help!

Clarify a bit more what you want to do with it: race, jump, bash, offroad, drag-racing on pavement, tuning, etc????.... Also, what's your budget?

I am basically a hard-core Savage fan at heart, and have (and love..)the X SS, but I also have an LST2, and man this LST2 gets better and better and is so good that it's screwing up my loyalties...... It's HUGE, VERY VERY FAST, and is proving itself to be tough as well.. Just get a Dynamite engine-brace and a better looking body, and you're set..
Old 05-28-2007, 01:53 AM
dapicco

ok sorry, I would only bash and ramp...I loved the way my old lst ramped...and I loved my first monster truck of all..the savage, but the lst was real fun and the savage was a forgotten truck..
Old 05-28-2007, 02:01 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I still think the Savage is the king of the ramp... The LST2 has held up well so far, but I haven't gotten really high with it or bashed it hard yet.. The X SS is...., well, it's a Sav, so you know you can do with it what you want...

For ramping and bashing, and especially since you liked your old LST so much, then I would say it's a toss-up: Savage X SS, or LST2. With the Sav you get to build it yourself, paint the body, start off with some good electronics, etc.. And then you have a rock solid basher you can launch off whatever you want. Tuning options are practically endless too.

The LST2 is RTR, just needs a Dynamite engine brace(and maybe a New Era roll-bar, maybe not.. I have one and like it..) and a not-hideous body to replace the hideous stock one.. The RTR part is also not a negative thing like with most other brands, as the radio and servos are all pretty good...

They're both totally awesome trucks...

Kinda' sounds like you already have a preference though....., so go for it..

Here's my X SS:

And in action:

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...yXSSGoseck.flv

And the LST2:

And a short/not-great action clip:

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...1thanxDean.flv
Old 05-28-2007, 02:11 AM
dapicco

your trucks look nice....thanks for the input