Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Breaking in friends new TMaxx. Soon my Savage will have a friend to play with.

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Breaking in friends new TMaxx. Soon my Savage will have a friend to play with.

Old 03-02-2003, 12:32 AM
LESLIEx317537
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking in friends new TMaxx. Soon my Savage will have a friend to play with.

After my friend watched me romp my Savage around I convinced him to get a TMaxx.

I think it's perfect for him since he never had a Nitro car and didn't have a glow plug etc...
I had three 7.2 volt car batteries lying around from my old Black Foot so I gave those batts to him.

He also doesn't work on RC stuff much so for him to put the Reverse Module and the Servo in would of been too much for him.

I got my Reverse Module and plan on getting a new Servo to use for steering and using the stock steering servo for reverse.

Anyways, I'm breaking his truck in now. He coming by in a bit to come pick it up and test it out.

I can't wait too see this thing go. I heard it's faster than my Savage and can pull wheelies. I was going to get a TMaxx and not my Savage and tonight and over the several weeks I'll see which truck I like better.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Alteramod

Default Breaking in friends new TMaxx. Soon my Savage will have a friend to play with.

uh..... hes not even there while its being broke in. What if he gets another one, he wont have a clue what to do lol..... AHH I know I would at least make him be there and I would do all the work lol.
Now your going to have to show him how to adjust everything and what not!!!
Old 03-02-2003, 04:29 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: Breaking in friends new TMaxx. Soon my Savage will have a friend to play with.

Originally posted by LESLIEx317537
After my friend watched me romp my Savage around I convinced him to get a TMaxx.

I think it's perfect for him since he never had a Nitro car and didn't have a glow plug etc...
I had three 7.2 volt car batteries lying around from my old Black Foot so I gave those batts to him.

He also doesn't work on RC stuff much so for him to put the Reverse Module and the Servo in would of been too much for him.

I got my Reverse Module and plan on getting a new Servo to use for steering and using the stock steering servo for reverse.

Anyways, I'm breaking his truck in now. He coming by in a bit to come pick it up and test it out.

I can't wait too see this thing go. I heard it's faster than my Savage and can pull wheelies. I was going to get a TMaxx and not my Savage and tonight and over the several weeks I'll see which truck I like better.

If he breaks his truck, you are porbably going to be doing all the work lol. You will also be doing the tuning. I bet you wont have any time to run your truck lol. I had to help my friend out with a truck and When i went over to bash we spent most of the time fixing his truck or tunning it lol. It was a kyosho ultima, its carb was a on/off switch and the truck broke constantly. Hope you have a better time then me.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:45 AM
LESLIEx317537
My Feedback: (1)

I ran only one tank through it.

I teach well and he learns quick. Also he's mechanically inclined.

It's fast, we just ran it tonight. Kinda acting funny on the reverse and foward. Also it kinda is jumpy at idle, like something is catching. Is the clutch weird???
Old 03-03-2003, 04:08 AM
DrFrunkenstein

Default Coupla questions.

Have you ever seen a maxx run before? If not, the Maxx's "twitching" is caused by it's two (three if you count the clutch bell and shoes) centrifigul clutches. It has to have enough RPM to activate both main clutches. It doesn't at idle, and just above idle, so around that RPM range, it will start to twitch, click, and jerk. If you peg the gas it won't do that at all, it will just instantly accelerate. It's no big deal, don't worry about it. They all do that, and unless you get rid of reverse, it will always do it If it's jumpy at idle, it sounds like your idle is a bit high. It shouldn't want to "go" when at idle. Turn it down a bit until it sits there by itself. Hope this helps.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:34 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

If he is even slightly mechanically inclined he would have the balls to do it himself! lol

I dont care if I'm gonna break it, no ones gonna "touch and show " me how to work my motor lol
Now bring on da beer!
ram