Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Local race Traks From FT. Lauderdale down to Miami

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Local race Traks From FT. Lauderdale down to Miami

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Lelolai

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Local race Traks From FT. Lauderdale down to Miami

any good tracks out there?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:05 PM
blackrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Local race Traks From FT. Lauderdale down to Miami

i race at mills pond in ft lauderdale its a ROAR sanctioned track , theres also a track on yamato rd and 441 in this park thats a free public track. theres a track in coral springs but its electric only and there building a track in west palm bch at moroso
Old 06-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Lelolai

hey thanks a lot the on at mills pond i did hear about it is a good track. well whats your opinion.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:00 AM
rob123

Hey its good to hear you guys talk about tracks in florida. I used to go to those tracks my self and they are very good tracks. I live in NewYork now, But I miss living in Florida. So I see: You are from miramar, I used to live in coral springs, Blackrain where in florida do you live at if you don't mind me asking you? By the way Coral Springs road runner track got turned into an electric track they used to run gas powered there what happened there??? Did they change the rules???? I have been a way for about 3 years so I am just trying to find out whats going on?? thank you peace Rob
Old 06-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Lelolai

Well Miramar FL is the city right next to Pembroke Pines. and is right before Hialeah. I've been living in Pembroke pines for seven years and i know that three years ago Miramar wasnt that popular maybe thats why you dont know where it is. well what do you think about mills pond have you been there before? how much is the fee to get in?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:16 PM
MiamizFinest

Ive never bein to the one in mills pond but im dieing to go there since i hear good things about it ive only bein outside dade county about 4 or 5 times in my life so i have no clue my way around up there...............does anyone mind giveing me the address or website for the track (if there is one)

i run in the miami r/c raceway down in cutler ridge i started going with a turmoil jsut to see if i could get into it and liked it so much i bought a MBX5 (almost prospec) and started running that and im geting alot better.............this week i found my perfect set up and i think im jsut about ready to race competatively........here is a link to the track!!!

http://www.miamirctrack.com/

Black Rain i jsut bought a MBX5T on fleabay (the listing sayed prospec and from the pics it looks just about right) and im planning on raceing it also........is there any set up ideas you could give me to start off with???fluids,cambers,toe in's and outs??? id apprecate any help!!! im also thinking about what engine to run for now i will borrow the OS 21 Vspec from the buggy and run that but im looking into the new version of the novarossi P5 with a JP3 pipe......do you think that would be a good motor??? i was also thinking about geting another novarossi 528 (like you did) and run that but the guys at my track tolled me its going to be just to over powering for my smallish (they say its small compared to most) track........what do u think??
Old 06-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Lelolai

hey bro thanks a lot[sm=wink_smile.gif] for that website is not that far from my house. i think i might just go over there one of these days. but first i have to change my pipe and that means tuning the t-maxx agian. lol. if i do go this will be my first time going to a track. i only been to places where they are building house and just ride my t-maxx there. but lets see how it gose. is there any tips i should be aware about when i drive my r/c on a track?
Old 06-09-2007, 11:40 AM
MiamizFinest

IF its the tmaxx get some kinda of bowtie wheels so u have traction and lower the car a little bit so you dont have that real high CG..........there is about 2 guys that go to the track with tmaxx's but there bone stock and since they dont set them up they dont handle very well........another thing u should do is take the grease out of ur diffs and use silicon oil (if u havent already) for the tmaxx a good starting point would be 5K in the front and 2K in the rear and go from there..........
Old 06-10-2007, 04:05 PM
blackrain

as far as what motor on the mbx5t dont put the nova 528 its over kill, you would be better of with a good .21 engine. my diff are setup 7,10,3 as far as setups go you should check out truggyracers.com and look in there mbx5t section. my mugen is plain crazy, but i bought the motor more as a luxury item when i decide to race it more seriously ill pick up a good .21 motor. right know i mainly like to race my monster trucks lst2, nemesis, revo there more of a challenge to drive. the membership cost 30 dollars for the year and you pay 6 bucks to run. if your not a member you will pay 10 dollars to run. wednesday nights practice and saturdays race day.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Lelolai

hey thanks a lot MiamizFinest i will keep that in mine and for sure will do![8D]