Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Help Needed please with Nanda Raptor

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help Needed please with Nanda Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 02:19 AM
baryracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed please with Nanda Raptor

Hello everyone im new to this forum and couldn't find anything on this topic so im posting this.
I have a Nanda Raptor 1/8 Monster Truck and have recently been exeriencing electrical problems so decided to replace all the electrics with JR equipment (JR Cobra radio, servos, battery box and switch)
Im still experiencing problems with the radio completely cutting out sometimes while jammed at full throttle! I can't drive the thing its way too dangerous, has anyone experienced this sort of interference before and know what might cause it? This JR stuff is brand new and I have used the same sort of electrics in a cheap chinese car before which made it a dream do drive so I'm very dissappointed this hasn't fixed my problem, I also have 2 other radios which I have tried to use and the smae thing happens still, im tearing my hair out at this point!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:24 AM
scottywilkes

Default RE: Help Needed please with Nanda Raptor

maybe its not the electronics, is it only the throttle jamming at full throttle? Sounds like either your linkages are binding up, or your carb slide is sticking at a point. Set the truck in front of you and go to full throttle, see if anything is hitting the throttle linkage, if its not that, unhook the throttle linkage from the carb and full it with your hands to WOT, if it sticks then thats your culprit

does everything cutout when at full throttle? Like steering?
Old 06-17-2007, 02:32 AM
baryracing

yup everything cuts out including steering, sometimes there interference between throttle and steering, it's all new stuff so I don't get it...
Old 06-17-2007, 02:37 AM
scottywilkes

are u near any large electrical interference objects? Like a power station, etc stuff like that, anything like that will set it off
Old 06-17-2007, 02:41 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

C.rappy on/off switch??
Old 06-17-2007, 02:50 AM
baryracing

not that I know of, nearest power station is like 10 kays away and haven't had this problem until the last few days, the on/off switch is brand new as well.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Alteramod

I know i had interference problems after my buddies dad got a new work truck. It had a newer cb radio it and that was the cause. Anytime he is home I dont go near his house with it haha. Just check around and see if that helps. Also make sure the crystals are staying tight in there. Have you been useing the same crystals in the radios? If so pick up some new crystals and see if that helps.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:38 AM
baryracing

Just got a new buggy, Kyosho Inferno US Sports and all the radio gear works fine in the same area as the raptor so im still buggered if i know whats wrong with it [&o]
Old 07-17-2007, 05:39 AM
nitronz

Well surely youve fixed it by now, but perhaps the battery holder and or plug from holder is faulty.