Tamiya tnx
4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Broken truck pics.Post here.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:36 PM
sm1nts2escape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken truck pics.Post here.

Hey fellow bashers.I am changing this thread to pics of your broken truck.Please post all pics and a short description.Thanks

I have broken my ring gear on my diffs so I upgraded to rr hardend units.I pop the pillow balls out of the axles carriers in a mild crash.Probably will go aluminum.I have tweaked my frame so the airfilter rubs the spur.Might get a rc solutions cage.I have broken my motor mount twice.I have broken one shock shaft.My pushrod ends strip in a mild crash.Looking for aluminum ones.Most annoying Weak links on the revo for me is the

1.Pushrod ends
2.Axle carriers don't hold
3.Chassis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72985.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	706715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38611.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	706716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93291.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	706717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33567.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	706718  
Old 06-18-2007, 08:42 PM
aer-wubby

Default RE: Toughest truck????What breaks?

ORIGINAL: sm1nts2escape

Please include one pic of your truck so I know your feedback is legit.Thanks
HAHA, nice.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:56 PM
paintball4ever90

The only thing I have broken on my revo 3.3, is one push rod, and i upgraded the front and rear, I put new chassis on it just to make it a little lighter but never had any problems with the chassis, but everything else is just working out find on my revo.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:14 PM
sm1nts2escape

I don't really think you drive that show truck too hard.Drive it like this and see what happens.

http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/DZQ02MRNHHZN98TN
Old 06-18-2007, 09:38 PM
ttoks

i voted the savage as the toughest truck, no doubting it's durability, but i'm a revo guy and it's plenty durable, even though i bash the snot out of it, heres mine, this is when it was clean after the engine install, now it's dirty and i need a new shock (snapped the shock shaft and it's cheaper to buy a whole new one from Australia then get new shaft shipped from the states) new drive shaft, new wheel bearing and new hex pins, all on there way along with a savage air filter.

i havnt broken much considering the size of the jumps i do, and how bad my landing usually are lol.

Name:	Li21242.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	706759  
Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Evader ---> MGT

After a few upgrades, my MGT hasn't broken in nearly two gallons. Actually, I broke little tiny pin today, but that has been it, honestly.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:18 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For toughness there's no question - get a Savage X SS or the new 4.6X RTR is you don't want a kit(I recommend the kit though as it's fun to build, you can put in better electronics, even sell the engine and put in what you want, and there are some other advantages too... That said, this new 4.6X RTR is surely the best RTR Savage ever.. Performance-wise I don't think there's much of a difference from the X SS kit..)

The MGT has a rep here in Germany anyway for being very tough too...

And BTW, my LST2 is proving to be much tougher than I expected...

But if you're only focussing on toughness, then defo Savage.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:04 AM
ttoks

y can actually buy the savage X SS in a kit without the engine now as well.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:52 AM
LSTVega28

They all break.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Beasley1

ORIGINAL: RevoVega28

They all break.
I agree with that. My Revo has been good to me considering how hard I drive it. Here is my buddy running his into a tree for the hell of it. I wouldnt recomend it but he doesnt care. The only thing that happened was the exhaust popped off.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NYjYrp_mFZ0

Name:	Ec87905.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	707071  
Old 06-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Beasley1

Why are my pics coming up so big.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Snaut Rocket

What ever you do dont get a war head evo.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:33 AM
ttoks

don't get a warhead anything, actualy duratrax in general, the only good part from them i'v heard of is the fail safe.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:44 AM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Evader ---> MGT

After a few upgrades, my MGT hasn't broken in nearly two gallons. Actually, I broke little tiny pin today, but that has been it, honestly.

dude!! you still have the shiney bumper guards on. you cant be driving too hard. these threads are a joke. cuz most people drive like a bunch of sissies. yep. im pointing fingers
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

dude!! you still have the shiney bumper guards on. you cant be driving too hard. these threads are a joke. cuz most people drive like a bunch of sissies. yep. im pointing fingers
So who made you King Basher? I break less thing because I drive smart on the track... Don't gie me that "Your not bashing till you break something".

Old 06-19-2007, 10:33 AM
hilifemt

apparently you have no idea how easy those shiney bumper ends break. and obviously you're missing the point of what im getting at. 100's of threads about the same exact thing with identical post in each thread. tuff truck this and most durable that. etc etc. then you see pics of brand new looking trucks saying i dont break a thing. well it's obvious why they dont. and no one made me king basher. obviously freez holds that title. oh, and he does it with what every one says is the WORST BASHING Vehicle.....the REVO. go figure
Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 AM
IL2mSturmovik

apparently you have no idea how easy those shiney bumper ends break. and obviously you're missing the point of what im getting at. 100's of threads about the same exact thing with identical post in each thread. tuff truck this and most durable that. etc etc. then you see pics of brand new looking trucks saying i dont break a thing. well it's obvious why they dont. and no one made me king basher. obviously freez holds that title. oh, and he does it with what every one says is the WORST BASHING Vehicle.....the REVO. go figure
NICE!! I wondered who voted Revo 3.3 as most durable!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:43 AM
ttoks

well then what does that say about the revo? you dont egt people who own the revo complaining about them, it's more often then not the people with the savvys and mgts saying they're the best, the revo is far from the worst bash truck i think the warhead firmly takes that place, the revo is up there with the savvy, mgt and LST2 if you'v ever actually owned one and not going off what "most" people say, granted i am in no way claiming the revo to be the best basher, but it ain't far off the savvy in durability.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:46 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: ttoks

well then what does that say about the revo? you dont egt people who own the revo complaining about them, it's more often then not the people with the savvys and mgts saying they're the best, the revo is far from the worst bash truck i think the warhead firmly takes that place, the revo is up there with the savvy, mgt and LST2 if you'v ever actually owned one and not going off what "most" people say.
RIIIIIIGHT.
I have seen FAR too many posts from people that have or have had Revos complaining about their lack of durability. My friends that have Revos are CONSTANTLY fixing them, and are frustruated with their breaking.
I know your parents bought you a Revo, and you are a fanboi, but lets be realistic, mkaaaaaa?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 AM
ttoks

well actually no, this might surprise you but i have a job and i bought my own revo, my father paid for the new engine (it was a gift for him ahem "forgetting" my birthday), but the engine isn't the truck, i also pay for my own spare parts so if it was breaking a lot i'd have something to complain about wouldn't i.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:12 PM
[email protected]

I don't think you could ever say what truck is the toughest. I have had good experiences with my savage and MGT not so with my cen spec 3.0. I did have problems with the trans on both the savage and the MGT that sould not have happened. If I go out for a quick bash I grab for the MGT cuz that is the most fun for me. If I do break something it's not hard to fix most of the time. I have a OS .18 cv-r engine on my cen and I have to say I'm most impressed with it how well it runs takes a tune and starts up first pull and how long it last on a tank of fuel.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Alteramod

Well I voted for the savage x even though I am a fan of the mgt. I know the savage has it slightly beat in durabilty category. Im not a very biased person when it comes to these things either, call em as I see it. Savage is a legend when it comes to a tough truck. As for the revo I have never said it was the worst or very poor basher. I have always said that it would pry not be as good of a basher as the mgt or savage's. Sure I know freez can really let it rip with his revo...... Im not saying that they cant jump and take hard landings. I just view the whole chassis and suspension layout on the truck and dont see as good of a basher. The chassis is alot smaller and not as beefy and and the suspension is like that of a formula 1 car and how many of them do you see flying around through the air and jumping ( besides the ones that hit the wall and go flying!)? I just find that with the layout of the truck it is being alot rougher on the truck compared to the savage or mgt because of their layout. Now racing wise......... that formula 1 suspension type set up is pretty nice.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:04 PM
carmatic1

traxxas says that , at least with the revo you wont be breaking shock shafts....i kinda agree with them, but the next thing that breaks is just that lever thing that is connected to the shocks anyway
Old 06-19-2007, 01:46 PM
hilifemt

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

NICE!! I wondered who voted Revo 3.3 as most durable!

sweet dude! u must have alot of time on your hands to geek out like that. btw, if you think i voted for the revo you obviously havent a clue. i think you missed my point as well. most people know the truck i represent. my overall point that i was trying to make is.....THESE "BEST TRUCK THREADS" ARE STUPID!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Top-cop-nj

[quote]ORIGINAL: RevoVega28

So who made you King Basher? I break less thing because I drive smart on the track... Don't gie me that "Your not bashing till you break something".

YOUR NOT BASHING UNTIL YOU BREAK STUFF!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.