Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN GST 7.7

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:34 PM
NitroBurn1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN GST 7.7

Is this a good truck, is it built tough, and is the engine very good? I just bought me a new radio, and now i am looking into buying a new rc. I been considering my options in big trucks, and i just cant seem to get away from nitro because they are a lot better performers than the 1/5 gas out there. If anyone can fill me in on this truck, aftermarket parts, tuned pipes, and anything else that would be great.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:15 PM
sm1nts2escape

Default RE: CEN GST 7.7

go to the cen racing forums they will have some info for you.My uncle has the cen nemesis almost exactly the same as the gst just includes a racing body, pin tires, 2 speed and no reverse.I can honestly say that it kicks butt.His truck is not super tough like my revo 3.3 but it can run some jumps as long as they are at speed and not over 6ft high.He was jumping his truck for the first time last weekend over a wheel barrow and landed a few times and kept on trucking but when he didn't land correctly he popped a shock cap off of the body.He has broken the axle ends 2 times in mild crashes.The .46 engine kicks butt his truck is about 1/4 faster than a revo with the trx 3.3 in the grass.Seeing a big truck like that whoop up really has been making me want one.But when he was jumping it you can deffinitely see that the truck is alittle heavy and with that big tourqy motor it doesn't take a real bad crash to break something.I might actually get a nemesis but if you are looking for something real tough then look for something alittle lighter.

http://cenracing.com/phpBB2/index.php
Old 06-22-2007, 09:21 PM
[email protected]

a lot of people talk good about the GST and have not heard to many bad things. I know from my own experiences with cen that parts can be a problem. If you want a big truck with good parts and upgrades I would check out the LST2 not as big as the gst but is a good rtr I just got mine today.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Nick2618

The MGT GST and Savage are all within 2" of eachother. So they are all big trucks. GST is biggest followed by MGT and then savvy. So if you are looking for a big truck all 3 are.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:24 AM
IL2mSturmovik

Get a LST2 you will not be disappointed
Old 06-23-2007, 08:40 AM
ttoks

some of the ported, balanced, reeded, polished and piped gassers out there are pretty damn powerful, zen engines are up to and over 7 hp, and a baja 5b is about 9 kg, thats about the same power to weight ratio as a good nitro.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:52 AM
[email protected]

the monster FG is a bad ass truck but what $1200 or so I could buy like two nitro's and kick ass engines that will just rip across any feild.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:01 AM
ttoks

fuel, nitro costs what $30-40 a gallon in the states, and in a well maintained engine you can easily run 10 gallons of fuel through it, that adds up, gas rc, it's like hmm, $3 a gallon, and the engines last a hell of a lot longer then a nitro engine saving a ton of money there as well, in the long run gas rc is cheaper then nitro, you will probably only have to rebuild a gas rc engine as often as a well maintained two stroke bike engine (not talking about race bikes there, they're only designed to last all of about an hour of racing before a rebuild)
Old 06-23-2007, 09:07 AM
NitroDemon18

Get an LST2. The GST is a pretty good truck but the LST2 is a better all around truck.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:16 AM
ttoks

you seem to say that in any thread asking if any rc is good, but never seem to explain why the LST2 is the best, he wants something big, and the LST2 is not the biggest there is in nitro offroad, the best ones in terms of size that are good quality trucks are the GST, MGT and savvy, and yes the GST is a good truck, the LST2 is a good package by by the sounds of things he has a few other rc's so he's likly to have a good radio and the such, which is the LST2's strong point, the package.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:22 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: ttoks

fuel, nitro costs what $30-40 a gallon in the states, and in a well maintained engine you can easily run 10 gallons of fuel through it, that adds up, gas rc, it's like hmm, $3 a gallon, and the engines last a hell of a lot longer then a nitro engine saving a ton of money there as well, in the long run gas rc is cheaper then nitro, you will probably only have to rebuild a gas rc engine as often as a well maintained two stroke bike engine (not talking about race bikes there, they're only designed to last all of about an hour of racing before a rebuild)

The last time a bought 20% Wildcat fuel it was only $21 a gallon
Old 06-23-2007, 07:35 PM
ttoks

keep in mind i am Australia so i don't know exactly what fuel costs over there, but the point is that gas is a lo cheaper then nitro fuel, in the long run gas rc is cheaper then nitro, and they can be just as fast given the right engine, but the initial investment scars a lot of people off.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:28 AM
CrazyMento

i owned a GST and its badass. LST is a better racer but thats it. Bashing wise, GST certainly has the advantage as its more powerful, its bigger and just plain more fun. GST is the ulitmate bashing truck

The GST 7.7 engine takes just a little bit more than regular big blcok 28 engine, dont listen to people that never own the truck
Old 06-24-2007, 05:21 AM
ttoks

the reason for that is because it has a 6.5 mm carb, yes that is the same as a lot of .12 engines, it's carbie is similar size to an engine almost 4 times smaller then it, i would have expected at least a 9 mm car on an engine so big
Old 06-24-2007, 05:36 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a GST and I love the truck, I also have a LST2 which right now I won;t comment on it because i'm having some troubles with it so nevermind about that, but I also have a 1/5 scale FG MT gasser and it blows my nitro trucks away, there is no way a nitro will outperform gas and gas is SO MUCH easier to work with. I just spent 2 hours tuning my LST2 and it pissed me off so bad I had to put it away before I crushed it into tiny pieces. MY FG i can ALWAYS rely on, starts up everytime, 45 minute run times, tuning is easy and once you tune it you never have to mess with it again.

But yes a GST is an awesome truck, it;'s huge, powerful, and good at bashing. You'll love it!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:22 AM
IL2mSturmovik

The GST has plastic diffs and drive shafts as well, iirc
Get a LST2, and never look back
Old 06-24-2007, 02:03 PM
CrazyMento

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

It has aluminum diff case and drive shaft are 8mm metal ( twice the size of LST)..... get your fact straight...
Old 06-24-2007, 02:20 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: CrazyMento

It has aluminum diff case and drive shaft are 8mm metal ( twice the size of LST)..... get your fact straight...
Uh...
The diff inner gear case is alum, but the outer housing is plastic. The Nemesis has alum outer housings though, so you can upgrade the GST to the alum ones if you really want. Although the diff housing is not a particularily easy part to break.

And, the rear shaft is steel, but the front is a plastic teloscopic shaft. I have broken two of these, then I upgraded to the Nemesis steel front shaft. No more problems.

GST RULES!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 02:26 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: dustin7837

Uh...
The diff inner gear case is alum, but the outer housing is plastic. The Nemesis has alum outer housings though, so you can upgrade the GST to the alum ones if you really want. Although the diff housing is not a particularily easy part to break.

And, the rear shaft is steel, but the front is a plastic teloscopic shaft. I have broken two of these, then I upgraded to the Nemesis steel front shaft. No more problems.

GST RULES!!!

Thanks. It appears I DID have my facts straight after all lol
Old 06-24-2007, 04:35 PM
CrazyMento

Uh...

GST RULES!!!

Actualyt you DIDNT. The "diff case" is aluminum, the outter case is the "tranny case".

The "drive shaft" are metal.. the "front center shaft" is plastic which i dont see people compalint about the plastis everywhere on revo
Old 06-25-2007, 12:10 AM
ultraman69

only bad thing about the gst is that is hard to find a cool body for it........i've been searching for a cool body for my gst for so long now..............still hvan't found a good one yet
Old 06-25-2007, 12:47 AM
ttoks

the revo is only 9 pounds not 17.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:11 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Uh...

GST RULES!!!

Actualyt you DIDNT. The "diff case" is aluminum, the outter case is the "tranny case".

The "drive shaft" are metal.. the "front center shaft" is plastic which i dont see people compalint about the plastis everywhere on revo
hehe....
Well, if we want a picky picky quote fest...

The "outer diff casing" is part # GS007 - Gear Box
The diffs are not transmissions....
on most RCs and full size vehicles and ATVs, this would be called a diff case.

and what you refer to as the front center shaft is part # GS040 - Telescopic shaft
and it is a drive shaft..... it drives the front wheels.....
why you wouldnt call it a drive shaft IDK...

Anywho, no offense or flaming meant, but I hate to be contradicted if I dont deserve it. [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 06-25-2007, 04:00 AM
[email protected]

with all that said I would still get the LST2. the gst is a cool looking truck but I'm a little gun shy with $500 on a cen, when I start to see them in LHS I might pick one up. The gst is on my list of trucks I would get as the revo and monster FG.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Genesis Series Trucks Are A Silly Faced Blast!!! Every truck out has its problems, that is the basis of this hobby. Fix it, run it, fix it, repeat! However the GST, Genesis LE(Discontinued, Replaced By GST) and The Nemesis are the biggest and baddst!! I have run with other trucks and they just dont seem to keep up in fact check out the video [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuDeUdmYME0]Found Here. What Truck does that look like, The slower one???[/link] Could it be a REVO?? T-maxx?? What ever it is, it is so much slower that a GST that is not even hitting third gear!! In my opinion the LST2 is the only truck that even comes close to the CEN Beasts. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nrZzlUeqTM&NR=1]Just Check This Video Out You Will See What I Mean!![/link] The CEN's Are Just A bit meaner and heavier so bashes much much better. I say these things because I have challenged many trucks and have had very little trouble proving my point in real life. And the challenge stands to anyone who wants to take me up on it. My Nemesis is here and ready for the fun!! To all those non-owning trash talkers,, step up we are ready to feed you some nitro fumes with a side of dust a gravel!!!! Anyone???? Anyone??? I did'nt think so!!! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.