RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Thank you CEN!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 12:32 AM
dStruct714

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you CEN!

Hey all,

I just want to take a second and thank CEN for building the GST, it is a rock solid beast of a truck. And I love it!

However I did have my issues getting it broken in, mostly to me being a nitro noob and not knowing better then to wear some gloves while breaking it in

The blisters are healing but I had trouble getting it going, and took it to Ultimate Hobbies to see if they had better luck, well I'm convinced the tech there broke my starter after he got it running (after cranking on it really hard) my starter felt like it had sand in it or something. Infact he got pissed off at it and started cussing F*** this S*** etc. and he actually pulled so hard the cord got stuck extended, he didn't pull it all the way out per say, but he was pulling at weird angles.

Either way my starter jammed on me the next day (2 days after purchase) and I called up CEN, got someone on the phone within seconds and I told him they're local to me and I could just swing by if they have the part. Sure enough they had it and said to bring it in.

They took care of it and then some, they even offered to do the swap for me on the spot, very cool guys!

So for those skeptics out there, CEN is very responsive to my needs and they're stepped it up and "made it right" for me.

Thank you CEN!

-Matt
Old 06-26-2007, 12:37 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thank you CEN!

Now Thats what I call Customer Service. They took care of someones elses mistake..No questions asked!!! Great Job CEN!!!!!!!

Thanx for posting your experience with CEN!!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:20 PM
rob123

Keep up the good work cen. [sm=thumbup.gif]We are here for ya!!!!!![sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 06-27-2007, 09:42 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: dStruct714

Hey all,

I just want to take a second and thank CEN for building the GST, it is a rock solid beast of a truck. And I love it!

However I did have my issues getting it broken in, mostly to me being a nitro noob and not knowing better then to wear some gloves while breaking it in

The blisters are healing but I had trouble getting it going, and took it to Ultimate Hobbies to see if they had better luck, well I'm convinced the tech there broke my starter after he got it running (after cranking on it really hard) my starter felt like it had sand in it or something. Infact he got pissed off at it and started cussing F*** this S*** etc. and he actually pulled so hard the cord got stuck extended, he didn't pull it all the way out per say, but he was pulling at weird angles.

Either way my starter jammed on me the next day (2 days after purchase) and I called up CEN, got someone on the phone within seconds and I told him they're local to me and I could just swing by if they have the part. Sure enough they had it and said to bring it in.

They took care of it and then some, they even offered to do the swap for me on the spot, very cool guys!

So for those skeptics out there, CEN is very responsive to my needs and they're stepped it up and "made it right" for me.

Thank you CEN!

-Matt
Sounds like they got their act together. I remember their customer service when I had my TR-4...plain terrible.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 PM
CrazyMento

GST Rules.... CEN was really nice to me too everytime i went there.... I always mange to get some "extra" stuff from them... very nice people and they actually spend time to talk to me and teach me about their Pro driver setups... Andrew himself even wrench on my matrix for me
Old 06-27-2007, 11:19 PM
The Real Dogman

I'm telling you guys, CEN is going to be huge!!! Their products are outstanding!!! Their people are the coolest!! Mark my words!! Its up to us to get the word out!! CEN Rules!!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:54 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

I'm telling you guys, CEN is going to be huge!!! Their products are outstanding!!! Their people are the coolest!! Mark my words!! Its up to us to get the word out!! CEN Rules!!!!

Easy there, fanboi!!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:57 AM
The Real Dogman

LOL, they do rock!!! Believe it!!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:33 AM
IL2mSturmovik

I cant get past the look, and plastic components, sry.
Their Matrix Truggy looks sweet tho
Old 06-28-2007, 09:37 AM
ttoks

seeing all the good reviews of CEN products lately i'v been thinking about buying a GST, it's a toss up between that and a thunder tiger raptor 50, not sure which yet or if i'll either buy one yet,

P.S dogman, i'v been having a think and i'd like to apologize for what i'v said over the last few days, i'v pmed savagejim about that data sheet, i'll see if i can get it to you tomorrow, hopefuly we can come out of everything on a positive note.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:37 AM
The Real Dogman

They are sweet and the plastic components are awsome. I will do a stress test on one of Genesis OEM plastic lower arms and show you the results ok?

EDIT ADDED: Good Call ttoks!!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:39 AM
jonnymac

I can't get past my experience with the fun factor stadium truck!!
Sorry but once bitten twice shy!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 AM
The Real Dogman

Johnnymac, Thats cool Brah. We've all had bad experiences with RC vehicles of all brands and all venues(cars, trucks, planes, heli's and boats) so your experience is just that, another experience. And if this brand is not your cup-o-tea thats cool! But, I bet your next time with a CEN wont the same!!! As all vehicles are different as well as all experiences are different even with the same model vehicle, Thats what the hobby is all about, Experiences good and bad...

Stay cool!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:57 AM
LSTVega28

I would really like to get a Nemesis, CD, 3 speed and it's massive size. Only problem is the parts and aftermarket availabilty. I wouldn't want to order online if a simple upper arm broke...or something more serious. With my revo and savage, I can go to my LHS 5 min away, and pick up the spare part OR an upgrade.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:26 AM
[email protected]

ORIGINAL: jonnymac

I can't get past my experience with the fun factor stadium truck!!
Sorry but once bitten twice shy!

I had the same experience with the fun factor and it was not good at all but I bought a replacement engine and did some upgrades and crashed into a poll. so what to do with a new engine and all the upgrades a bought, get a new fun factor and swap the parts over. this is the only truck that can't bash at all or it will break so I just run it with my on road car. Like I said before I won't spend 500 or more on a cen untill I see them at the local shops. people are saying the gst is great and all but still can't get over what a turd the fun factor is.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:19 PM
The Real Dogman

Well comerford, taht is the main problem with CEN product, So many are talking trash about them that the LHS wont carry their parts.. Now if we CEN lovers would do our part a show them that we are out there and we will always buy CEN parts. What I find really curious is that if the CEN's products broke as often as people say tehn dont you think the LHS would be happy to stock those parts, and make good money?? Or is it just the opposite, the LHS sees who good CEN products are that good, people wont need to buy that many parts so why carry them... lol

Anyway sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your ff, did you call CEN to see what they could do to make it right for you??
Old 06-28-2007, 10:59 PM
CrazyMento

damn guys... MAN UP... stop being so bitter about the past
Old 06-28-2007, 11:12 PM
The Real Dogman

Crazy!! lol "man up", I just love that remark!! lol
Old 06-28-2007, 11:33 PM
[email protected]

the new one I bought breaks just as fast as the old and is still a turd, but with the O.S .18 cv-r it rips. I have the CT5 and that has been good.