Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

team losi mega baja

Old 06-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Snaut Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default team losi mega baja

Just at curiosity has anyone bought one or driven. what does it compare to the lst2.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: team losi mega baja

its more of a down graded lst2. it doesnt have alot of the stuff the lst2 has. but you can get a lst2 upgrade kit for it.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:13 AM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might as well buy the "Aftershock" -- Between the "Mega Baja" and the aftershock, I don't see ANY significant improvements.

I'm not particularly partial to the "Baja Beetle" body either, so I don't consider that an upgrade.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:44 AM
NitroDemon18

I have an Aftershock. Its a great truck. It can take one heck of a beating and is a great racer.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Snaut Rocket

I just want to see some vids on it.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Ken448

look for aftershock vids, imagine the Baja body on it, and there you have it!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

ken did u change ur avatar?

anyways until we get a better look, i think that its a down grade of the lst2 vs. the after shock which was a downgrade of the lst1.

but i need a better pic at the a-arms to know for shore?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Genesis One

i have a genesis and i want to gat a baja i've had a lot of problems w/genesis and i hear the losi brand is a lot better quality
Old 07-10-2007, 09:20 PM
NitroDemon18

Here are some vids of the Aftershock. [link=http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=NitroDemon18&p=r]http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=NitroDemon18&p=r[/link]. There pretty basic, but it gives you an idea of it. It needed a little tuning at that point.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:17 AM
jimi hendrix

The aftershock i think had problems with the transmission and the one way starter bearing, this one has a spin start and i think they fixed the tranny problem not sure tho. I was thinking of getting it and making it a 70/30 racer basher. Gotta change that BUTT ugly beetle body tho lol, can it exchange bodies with any popular trucks?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:33 AM
webdr

The only other bug bodies are a little smaller and wouldnt look right on a monster like the Aftershock. I really dont know what they were thinking when they designed the body. Im sure Losi didnt have the rights from VW to use a real bug so they came up with a body that resembled one. The only real issue I have is the front end. It looks like a smiling frog!

I would cut off the "eyes" and let the shocks stick through the body and then it would look cool IMO...
Old 07-22-2007, 09:33 AM
hilifemt

i think that body is sweet. always been a fan of the beetle body. is there a beetle body that fits the MGT?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:23 AM
webdr

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

i think that body is sweet. always been a fan of the beetle body. is there a beetle body that fits the MGT?
Your lookin' at it
Old 07-22-2007, 10:26 AM
hilifemt

LOL.....DUH!! never crossed my mind. i better brew another pot of coffee and wake up!
Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 AM
webdr

LOL its all good. It will fit size wise but as far as mounting posts go, Im not sure if you need longer ones in the rear. The deck height is pretty high.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:50 AM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: jimi hendrix

The aftershock i think had problems with the transmission and the one way starter bearing, this one has a spin start and i think they fixed the tranny problem not sure tho. I was thinking of getting it and making it a 70/30 racer basher. Gotta change that BUTT ugly beetle body tho lol, can it exchange bodies with any popular trucks?
The aftershock also comes with the part of the spin start that attaches to the motor, you just need the actual spin start hand held unit.

I believe the only difference is the baja body and the spin start hand held deal.

I have an aftershock and its been flawless with almost 1 gallon through it. Runs great, holds a tune perfectly, tough as nails, etc. Only think I have replaced is 1 suspension arm when I hit a concrete post that I didnt see sticking out of the ground.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Serpent_18

Hey gyes .I have already ordered a team losi mega baja truck .I think i will have it next week .I bought it from www.amainhobbies.com for 369 $ and 90$ shipping cost . I have read good things about this truck .I think that is tha same think with the aftershock .Can you tell me if there are any problems ?

I found a site with optional upgrades and i ordered an aluminium rollcage .The next step is to buy aluminium absorbers !

Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Serpent_18

Hey gyes .I have already ordered a team losi mega baja truck .I think i will have it next week .I bought it from www.amainhobbies.com for 369 $ and 90$ shipping cost . I have read good things about this truck .I think that is tha same think with the aftershock .Can you tell me if there are any problems ?

I found a site with optional upgrades and i ordered an aluminium rollcage .The next step is to buy aluminium absorbers !

Id skip the alum shocks and roll cage and get an HT tuned pipe and header.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Hellyea

my baja revs right up when i hit the throttle but takes off slow almost like the clutch is slipping. the clutch bell is sort of blue looking.
the hobby shop says its not fully broken in yet. already ran 7 tanks through it for break in and they say oh itll need 12 or more tanks for the power to really come online. any ideas
Old 09-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Hellyea

i also have a savage .25 that i geared 13t bell and 52t trans and is a wheelie torque monster. i had no problem breaking this one in and tuning the carb for power.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Hellyea

not quite sure how this trans works or shifts. seems like the black case is just a center diff and that the 2 gears meshed with the bell are the actual trans part with a one way clutch possibly