Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

cen nx 76 engine Issues!! what do i do now??

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

cen nx 76 engine Issues!! what do i do now??

Old 06-28-2007, 10:22 PM
steven16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cen nx 76 engine Issues!! what do i do now??

man i bought this engine brand new off ebay and checked the engine over when i got it made sure it was all good. then ndropped it in my truck and fired it up for break in, first it seamed fine but then it started idleing up and reving but when i looked the servos wernt doing anything so i thought it was to lean so i richened it up but still it did it. so i turned the high speed needle so far out it was showing threds but it didnt make a difference so i adujsted the low speed and idle to but still same thing. so then i though there was an air leak so i sealed the back plate carb and found a small leak in the head then fixed it but it still after firing it up did the same thing.

so my question is what is wrong with this piece?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 PM
ttoks

Default RE: cen nx 76 engine Issues!! what do i do now??

as an engine starts getting broken in there is less resistance on the piston as the piston and sleeve ware down to a perfect fit, so it will revv higher, all you gotta do is screw the idle screw out a little to bring the idle back down a little.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:29 AM
steven16

ya i know that but i havnt even done break in yet because it runs so bad . ill start the engine and it will sit and idle roughly but idle but then all of a sudden it sounds like it runs out of fuel revs up then dies but the tank is full no holes in the fuel lines the pipe is sealed with no leaks but it still does it or i can sit there and keeep pumping the primer while its running to keep it running with the high speed needle so far out it should flood like crazy?!! then i tryed reving it up a little bit and it would be ok untill a litle over half throttle then it would lean way out rev up then die but still the high speed needle is as far out as it can go??
Old 06-29-2007, 11:06 AM
ttoks

you wont get it running consistently unil you start the break in, you should do that, if your problem are still going on pm SAVAGEJIM, he knows nitro engines in and out.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:36 AM
webdr

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem to me. Are your fuel lines clear? If so, watch the line going into the carb when it starts to rev......breaks in fuel flow could cause it.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:52 PM
steven16

do you think there could be a factory screw up in the carb ? and it definitaly seems like a fuel problem i checked my lines and there clear and my stock engine ran fine but this engine dosent my stock engine was a .28 do u think i need bigger fuel line or somethingfor the bigger .46 ?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:30 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Steven, What truck/tank are you running this engine?? pics would very helpful.. I guarantee you we will resolve this for you!! Take some pics and post them it will help

Old 06-30-2007, 10:32 AM
steven16

in a monster gt so im using all the stuff of the mgt and just droping the engine in right were the original was here ill get some pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10382.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	714032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89078.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	714033   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39517.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	714034  
Old 07-02-2007, 01:03 PM
steven16

come on i posted pics can some one help or do i sell this engine??
Old 07-02-2007, 01:15 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

It could be something blocking the fuel flow path through the carb. If your sure your getting a consistent fuel delivery to the carb then check the carb. Pull the needles out and flush through the paths with some denatured alcohol, or blow them out with compressed air. Visually inspect all of the needle fixtures, the needles and the o-rings. Reassemble and see if it clears up the problem. I don't think this is the most likely cause of your problem, as carb blockages are usually pretty consistent, and screw you up all the time rather than it working OK and then going nuts all of the sudden after a few minutes of running, but it's so easy to pull the needles and thoroughly inspect the carb that there is no harm in doing so and it will at least eliminate one possible cause of your problems.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:42 PM
steven16

thanks man but i already did check the carb the needles were clean except the high speed which had a piece of metal in it and it look like the needle was bent so i changed it with a nother engine with a similar needle but it still did the same thing and fuel flow was constant but it always seemed like the engine needed more fuel because like i said i could pump the primer by hand while it was running and it would rev up a bit but it would sounnd more normal and it would onlygo nuts after it was just past half throttle but at idle it would sit and idle for a bit then rev up and die like it was starved of fuel but the is no leaks on the motor all the lines are clear with no holes and like i said my stock engine ran fine but then i put this on in and it runs like crap maby its just a really tought engine to break in but i checked and others that had the same engine said it was fine for them so i just dont know any more lol
Old 07-02-2007, 03:53 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

If you had a bent needle with a chunk of metal on it, I would wonder what other chunks of metal might be lodged in that carb deeper in. did you remove all of the needles and the barrel and flush it out with pressure? If not, it might be worth considering.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:08 PM
steven16

ya i did i took the carb completely apart flushed it out with alchole blew it of and wiped it with a cloth then put it back together then i did the same to the engine pulled it apart looked for shavings cleaned it wiped it then started it again and still it was doing it
Old 07-02-2007, 08:28 PM
steven16

YEHA YEHAAAA !!!! just put in one of my 3 needle carbs off a cheapy engine filed it and sealed it to make it fit on this engine richened the crap out of the needles and tryed it and the fricken engine ran!!!!!! it was smokin good like it should during break in and acted normal after 2 months of this engine lingering in the back of my head and it finally works!!!! but what i dont get is why this cheap carb from a .27 motor flows more than the carb of the nx 76 which is twice the size??? the needles are even bigger ?? but w.e is workin nand thats what counts thanks for the help guys i know that when ever something comes up theres people to help me out!! and im definitaly gona post vids of it tearin it up this gravel pit. thanks again

steve
Old 07-02-2007, 08:38 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Steven glad to hear you got it running. I was just typing this long post about the carb and how there was crap in it and that there must be somthing wrong and blah,blah,blah..

Anyway just curious what carb and from what engine?? I wanna see if I can buy one and experiment with it!!!!

Help a brother out!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:25 PM
steven16

no problem! i bought this engine a while back its a power racing .27 im pretty sure its just a infinity .27 or something like that heres some pics the black engine sitting by its self it was the engine it came with and the rest are of it on the cen engine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10648.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	715418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25227.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	715419   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68603.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	55.4 KB