Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

stock 2.5 maxx carb settings

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 07:42 PM
elbowcreek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock 2.5 maxx carb settings

I'm helping a friend set up his new T-Maxx and we need to know the break-in settings for the carb both low speed and high speed, we looked in his book and could not find any specs on this Thanks,
Old 03-09-2003, 02:21 AM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

Stock is 4 turns out on the high speed needle and 2 turns out on the low speed needle. If you are breaking it in where it's cold I would suggest 5 turns out on the HSN and 2.5 turns out on the LSN.
Old 03-09-2003, 02:34 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Wookie....Is correct....and you'll need to play with the needle settings a bit....depending on your temps there.

Just remember....when your making those changes to the HSN and LSN....ALWAYS do a couple of high speed passes to test how the engine is running after adjustments. AND....Be sure the engine is.....FULLY WARMED UP.....before you begin the adjustment process.

To test the low speed needle setting....once the HSN is tuned...do the pinch test. Pinch the fuel line going to the carb....the engine should run from 3 to 5 seconds and then die. If it does not....then adjust LSN clockwise 1/8 turn.....do a few high speed passes and then try the pinch test again.

Good Luck!
Old 03-09-2003, 02:51 AM
elbowcreek

Thanks guys, I am familiar with nitro engines as I've been racing gas truck for 4 years now I just needed the stock breakin settings cuz we couldn't find it in the manual at least now we have somewhere to start at ThankS again , If any of you are up in northern Minn. look us up on www.paintwerksracing.com under BARCC stuff all the tracks he knows of in Mn. are listed there Thanks again.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:17 PM
redrumdarula

go on traxxas.com they have everything u need
makin traxx on your azz