Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

cant get stampede to wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
JATO11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant get stampede to wheelie

I have a traxxas stampede the new 2007 stampede not brushless. I cant get it to wheelie I tightened the clutch as up to the recomended amount but no wheelies i dont know if i need a bigger spur gear and smaller pinon gear

Old 07-10-2007, 03:35 PM
CrT-RaCeR

Default RE: cant get stampede to wheelie

bigger spur and smaller pinion gear..........
Old 07-10-2007, 03:44 PM
tmaxx no.1

If you lower your gear ratio you lose top end speed which is one the best things about driving rc. you said you tightned the slipper clutch to the recammended amout. I would tighten it until it has 0 slip whatsoever. do a reverse drop. Thats how I get my old stock stampede to ride wheelies
Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 PM
tmaxx no.1

I forgot to mention
Batteries have a huge impact on the power you have.
Smaller Nmah batteries like 1400, 1500, 1600 usually have more punch right after charging than larger 3000+ Mah batteries. But some really expensive 3000+ Mah have good punch too but they cost alot money and the larger ah (amp hour) batteries have way more run time. Its up to your budget.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:59 PM
JATO11

before i did reverse to forward quickly before but thats how i stripped my spur gear
Old 07-10-2007, 04:01 PM
JATO11

also i for got to mention i have to batterys i have a 1500Nmah and a 1800Nmah
Old 07-10-2007, 04:43 PM
happywing

Batteries are the main thing. I had a Pede geared 14/87 with a 27T stock motor that would wheelie all day long. At the time I was using an IB3600.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:20 PM
tmaxx no.1

Setting the tightness of you spur and pinion might be the problem. Since it seems your a traxxas fan too ill give you a tip on this.
1. with the two motor mount screws loose ,put the pinion gear against the spur tightly
2. with one hand holding the motor gear tightly to the spur gear, lightly snug the motor screws just enough so the motor position does not move
3. cut some regular notebook paper into a small strip as wide as the gear
4. turn the spur gear with you finger so the strip of paper goes between the teeth of the two gears
5. Tighten motor securely
The gear should mesh perfectly. Not to tight where it makes noise and robs power. And not to loose that it strips the plastic spur gear
Old 07-10-2007, 05:28 PM
tmaxx no.1

Now if you dont like the whole reverse drop concept all together. Get a 12-turn modified motor or somthing like it and a speed control that will handle the turns in the motor.
Also lower your gear ratio because the less turns you have, the motor needs to spin at a higher RPM to make the increased power. Its a expensive solution but it wil probably do more than pop a wheelie. Itll probably flip upside down if your not carefull.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:07 PM
JATO11

would a NiMH battery work better than a NiCad battery or a LiPo battery let me know which work best for wheelies
Old 07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
tmaxx no.1

-NiMH are batteries are good for run time. there mah is usually 3000 and up.
-NiCad are those cheap ones you will find for 20.00. They have bad run time but they are real punchy right after a charge. there mah is usually 1400 to 2800
-LiPo. Never had one yet. I know the batteries are expensive, you need a special battery charger, and I think they need a special speed control. If you can afford that then I would get the LiPo. I read in magazines about there great power and enormise run times. Sounds like thats the way to go