Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Which truck would be the best for me?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Which truck would be the best for me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 AM
sava001006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which truck would be the best for me?

i drive buggies truggies and trucks they are all goood in there own way monster trucks can go anywere and do any jumps truggies can do any jump but they are a bit lower so they bottom out and buggies if you hit a jump any speed and it wil fly here are some vid of mine.. to help you decide...

this is a savage 4.6 ss the old one and its quite tought
http://images.domino.org/d/159154-1/FLY.wmv

this is a new savage x the one with a f4.1 engine
http://images.domino.org/d/158824-1/Movie.wmv

this is my hellfire going round a small track (the engine wasnt fully tuned)
http://images.domino.org/d/160646-1/Hpi+Hellfie+SS.wmv

this is my rex-x buggy doing some jumps
http://images.domino.org/d/160649-1/GV+Rex-X+Bash.wmv

btw burningpoo i have heard that cen monster trucks are poorly built.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:48 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MT's generaly cant go over stuff truggies can...even though truggies are low, their flat pan chassis tends to glide over pretty much anything, bottom out has little effect on them.... Though they dont crawl very well, they will go over extremely rough terrain at very high speeds and stay on the wheels much better then any MT ever could..... Generaly a MT can only go over rough terrain at very low speeds due to poor COG and handling characteristics.. a MT will flip over well before a Truggy will ever get hung up...A Truggy is far more versatile and capable...
Old 08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
hilifemt

promoting truggies in a MT forum is just plain and simply..... ghey.

MT's for life!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:45 AM
webdr

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

promoting truggies in a MT forum is just plain and simply..... ghey.

MT's for life!!!!!!

LOL
Old 08-01-2007, 12:27 PM
burningpoo

I'm say that my stock cen gst 7.7 can go places your little truggy can. At my friends land in NY there are parts of the land where we run ATV's, there are ruts from running through the woods, plus a very long time ago it was farm land, there still are rut's running across the path like a row of nasty humps. My gst can get over and through all of this when you truggy will be sitting at the start with it's wheels in the air.

supertib said...
Generaly a MT can only go over rough terrain at very low speeds due to poor COG and handling characteristics.. a MT will flip over well before a Truggy will ever get hung up...A Truggy is far more versatile and capable...

your right. they will flip if your not carefull. so will a truggy if you slid into a rut. but saying that a truggy is more versatile and capable than a MT when your using the MT for what it's made for is just plain hardheaded. I would love to see a truggy make it through the 6" dips close togeather at my friends land. The only thing I see doing that is a truck my size or a crawler.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:59 PM
burningpoo

ORIGINAL: sava001006

i drive buggies truggies and trucks they are all goood in there own way monster trucks can go anywere and do any jumps truggies can do any jump but they are a bit lower so they bottom out and buggies if you hit a jump any speed and it wil fly here are some vid of mine.. to help you decide...

this is a savage 4.6 ss the old one and its quite tought
http://images.domino.org/d/159154-1/FLY.wmv

this is a new savage x the one with a f4.1 engine
http://images.domino.org/d/158824-1/Movie.wmv

this is my hellfire going round a small track (the engine wasnt fully tuned)
http://images.domino.org/d/160646-1/Hpi+Hellfie+SS.wmv

this is my rex-x buggy doing some jumps
http://images.domino.org/d/160649-1/GV+Rex-X+Bash.wmv

btw burningpoo i have heard that cen monster trucks are poorly built.

I don't feel that way at all. When I bought my truck I said I wasn't going to jump and beat it hard. That lasted for about 3 tanks or so after break in. The only problems I've had is that some dirt and rocks or something got stuck in the dumb plastic front driveshaft,and melted it. And I forgot to locktite the set screw for the front brake lever and lost it and had to make a new one
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea81693.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	733697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96586.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	733698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36402.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	733699  
Old 08-01-2007, 02:04 PM
crshtst1

Sounds like you want a truggy.... look into a mugen mbx5t. If you need it cheap go on ebay. Those are only for running giant tracks though, if you run 1/10 scale tracks then the biggest 1/8th you should get is a buggy. MT's are lame except for camping trips and running in tall grass or loamy soil. I think all MT's are high maintenance though. If you want little to no maintenance get an electric...... not just an ordinary electric though a brushless lipo combo.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:12 PM
crshtst1

This guy is trying to help someone, I think truggies are lame they are the lazy mans way of racing, MT's are even lamer go to a track and see how they are passed like they are standing still. No real racer considers a MT a threat or worthy to spend cash on they are beginers eye candy. GO TO THE TRACK FIRST then ask the people you see with the racing setups in the pits. Research before investing your precious cash. After owning 20+ nitro's I say look into 1/8th buggy and (sad to say) truggies, also look into the 1/12th crt .05 ofna it's badass and can do any size track. Keep yourself smiling not second guessing no MT's.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
supertib

A CEN GST is a pretty dam big machine... I could see it crossing rougher land then a Truggy..But the GST is exceptionaly large and not too common.... Alot of people enter the hobby with either a Savage, Revo or T-maxx, which IMHO are not nearly as capable all around machine as a truggy...Not to mention Truggies in general are way less hassle then MT's, they suffer nowhere near the amount of part breakages and drivetrain issues as MT's... A truggies drivetrain is pretty much bullet proof right from factory, run whatever engine you wish without fear of shredded diffs and transmisions.. No need for expensive drivetrain upgrades and hardened gears.... I was a die hard MT fan myself, but once i started driving and running Truggies i realised how much fun driving is, these machines are sick ..the best way to describe a Truggy is a Ferrari built for Offroading.. these machines are catlike, fast, agile, and usualy land on their feet..... its simply stunning to see the kind of terrain a Truggy can fly over, the suspension on these machines is dialed to say the least....

As an avid Nitro enthusiast and a person who helps alot of newbies into the hobby, I highy recomend a newbie start the hobby with a truggy over a MT.. the ease of use, ease of maintnence and overall performance heavily favor the Truggy.... overall you get a much more durable higher performing machine for the same kind of money..........
Old 08-01-2007, 05:37 PM
burningpoo

I'm not trying to bash truggys...I was thinking of getting my wife one for myself.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: burningpoo

I'm not trying to bash truggys...I was thinking of getting my wife one for myself.
Lol " hey honey im getting you a nice truggy for your birthday. But if you dont one it i'll take it right off your hands."
Old 08-01-2007, 08:16 PM
burningpoo

Snaut Rocket

I'll be fixing it for her. She isn't going to be running her's as much as I do mine. So I'll get her's out to make sure it's running right

I like your name, I use that for all my email and crap
Old 08-01-2007, 09:04 PM
NitroVenom

Burningpoo,

We all know The GST is huge but it isn't that easy to get parts for. And If your looking for a tuggy around the same size as the GST look into a muggy and you will be amazed to see how big it is. A stock muggy will mercy a GST anyday. Heres a vid of it. It shows a pic of the owner holding it and you'll see how big it realy is. [link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4352610035655830527&q=muggy&total=262&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=7]Clicky[/link]

P.S. yes its still an 1/8 scale.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:26 PM
hilifemt

the video show's a truck that broke........it's on a very smooth track...............and it in no way mercies a GST. there's no way i'd give up my monster gt for that. for the places i bash.....MT for life!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Snaut Rocket

Snaut Rocket

ohh ya thanks that makes me feel good.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:22 PM
burningpoo

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

Snaut Rocket

ohh ya thanks that makes me feel good.

doing everything I can to help

NitroVenom

That's some insane air, but has doesn't show it in a sticky twisted mess of a bashing spot going over roots and ruts and what not...don't forget the mud.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:27 PM
NitroVenom

the video show's a truck that broke........it's on a very smooth track...............and it in no way mercies a GST. there's no way i'd give up my monster gt for that. for the places i bash.....MT for life!!!!!!!!!
Everything breaks sooner or later. The guy was landing pretty hard. The reason I showed you that video was because it showed the truck next to a person.

Heres the muggy bashing. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=6

P.S. I own a highly modded revo and I would recomend that but the poster asked not to.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:23 AM
cen123

the cen isn't anywhere near the biggest engine

I think this is the biggest http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEVC4&P=ML
Old 08-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Snaut Rocket

thats a heli engine dude not a car engine and besides this has the biggest engine. thunder tiger - EK-4 Sport .70-powered Monster
http://61.221.10.43/english/product.htm
Old 08-02-2007, 10:47 AM
burningpoo

NitroVenom
that wasn't bashing...one jump and I think he broke it anyway...

cen123
that's a heli engin...the cen run's on nitro car/truck fuel...not heli...I've seen pic's of a 29cc or 26cc on a GST[>:]
Old 08-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Evader ---> MGT

I still don't get why an MGT is out of the question...