Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 05:52 PM
motorhead91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what truck

im looking into mt's and i kinda like the savage and the aftershock.... but what im mostly looking for is a truck that is obviously tough, fast..(40 mph plus) and i like 8 shocks compared to 4, and i DON'T want a traxxas and a truck that has mostly hex hardware like my jato, thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: what truck

Well Theres alot of mt's That have hex hardware. The lst2 AND REVO BOTH HAVE 4 SHOcks. But if you have no budget line I defintly go with the lst2. But If your on a budget look into the mgt or aftershock.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:12 AM
duckedup

I'll say MGT also... but... if you don't like the MGT, I'd go with a SavageX 4.6 or SS version, both seem like nice trucks...
Old 08-04-2007, 09:16 AM
kdz76

Savage is a good fairly strong truck I bash mine and the only parts I have replaced have been a rear diff a couple a-arms and an axle carrier MGT is also a strong truck plus I am almost positive you have both pull start and roto start without add ons ( in the older model I had) but if money isn't a big concern LST 2 is the way to go a big strong truck with a selectable transmission for either higher top speeds or tons of low end off the line grunt I have seen people race them on a track backyard bash and they go as far and getting a metal gear and set them up for truck pulling.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:32 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: kdz76

Savage is a good fairly strong truck I bash mine and the only parts I have replaced have been a rear diff a couple a-arms and an axle carrier MGT is also a strong truck plus I am almost positive you have both pull start and roto start without add ons ( in the older model I had) but if money isn't a big concern LST 2 is the way to go a big strong truck with a selectable transmission for either higher top speeds or tons of low end off the line grunt I have seen people race them on a track backyard bash and they go as far and getting a metal gear and set them up for truck pulling.
Imo the aftershock is the best value going. Mine was $325 from a LHS, it handles better than any savage or t-maxx I have owned. The only truck I would rather have is the LST2. But as far as the 8 vs 4 shocks, there is a reason people are converting the 8 savage shocks to 4 LST2 shocks.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
motorhead91

i know the hellfire is more truggy but since hpi calls it an mt what do you guys think about it.....and im leading more towards a kit as a winter project
Old 08-05-2007, 07:03 PM
NitroDemon18

Defanitly get an Aftershock or an MGT. The four shocks on the Aftershock are not a bad thing at all. The Aftershock/LST has the best suspension of any monster truck.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:10 PM
CrazyMento

CEN GST 7.7... Big, powerful, durable.. you will love it