Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Challenge for Bruiser owners!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 01:43 AM
Mostage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenge for Bruiser owners!

First off, does anyone have any performance comments about this truck? i.e. speed, how does it hold up under rough conditions, do parts break easy, etc.?

Here's the idea...( someone may have done this already, but I haven't seen it yet) How about mounting a small nitro engine in place of the electric motor? I know it's not a direct fit - bear with me. There are enough technically savvy people out there who can muster up a way to do it. So what if the engine's head sticks out the front...I think it'd look cool!! It sure would fly!!!

The next thing if not would be to design and build a truck using the concept of scaled reality the Bruiser had(has). Maybe in a larger scale, but with the ladder frame, leaf springs, closed axles, all metal construction. Speed wouldn't be the most important thing here...though it would need to surpass the 750 electric motor.

Just a though. I'd do it myself, but my funds are a little lacking...know what I mean?! (any sponsors????)

Anyhow, think about it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	62570_28080.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	38420  
Old 03-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Its already been done. In rcca magazine under readers ride of the month, the issue with the x-factor, i dont know the date because they put the adress sticker right over the month. Someone put the powertrain parts from a qrc beetle in a bruiser and a snow plow. Its forward reverse and kept the 3 speed, and the head doesnt even stick out. I didnt know it was a 750 motor i always thought it had a 540. A big bruiser would be cool.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Mostage

Default about the RCCA with the X-Factor

I had that issue and I must not have read right or very closely.

I'll check it out...I gave it to a friend.

Anyhow, on the bruiser video, they even tell you it's an RS-750 motor. I always new it was a huge motor...wondered if a modified 540-size motor would be enough power for it.

Yes, a big one would rock. There are enough U-joints out there that would suffice, I think, for this project!! Gear boxes, too, for that matter.

P.S. What scale was the Bruiser, anyway?
Old 03-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Jbbxxxnt

Do you have any pics of the bottom of the truck. I was thinking about making a custom leaf spring solid axle truck like that and I was curious if the set up on it would work as a donor for the truck I am going to make. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:38 AM
Mostage

I just found something out. The realistic axles have no differential. That sux!!! So, really, I guess having a nitro engine wouldn't really work that well. Maybe in dirt, but not pavement...you'd be grinding tires pretty fast.

It might be ok, but we'd have to see.

Here's a picture of the frame. I'll try to get more to help.

Name:	63009_28080.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	38421  
Old 03-15-2003, 02:39 AM
Mostage

check this dude's bruiser!

Not a ford fan definately, but this one looks totally realistic!!

Name:	63010_28080.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	38422  
Old 03-16-2003, 06:27 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

It has been done before but that truck was never intended for that kind of power and abuse. Those trucks break parts very easily even with the stock electric motor. It was just never ment to be beaten!
Old 07-24-2003, 05:03 AM
infinitecain

do not modify your bruiser in any way. it's way to valuable of a r/c. but if you want to unload it, i'd be your buyer.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:54 AM
gtxracer7

The Ford bruiser belongs (or did belond) to Jason, aka ProjectTwin. He made the first dual engine T-maxx. He also made a .40 four stroke Jugg. You can contact him at his site, www.projecttwin.com.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:21 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Originally posted by gtxracer7
The Ford bruiser belongs (or did belond) to Jason, aka ProjectTwin. He made the first dual engine T-maxx. He also made a .40 four stroke Jugg. You can contact him at his site, www.projecttwin.com.
He also, beleive it or not, was the inventer of the very first Emaxx!! He is good buddies with Robin at Unlimited Engineering.
Anyways I dont think Id be using the bruiser for anything but a shelf queen, cause its worth alot of money STOCK. Seen one go on ebay a month ago or so for about $1500 us, it was still NIP though!!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Isphius

i wouldnt modify an original bruiser, if it is nice condition. maybhe a beat up one. i rememebr when that truck came out, and i have wanted one since then. it was around 800 before, so i bought the 80$ blackfoot