Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Terra Crusher ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:45 PM
moab_crawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terra Crusher ???

hi im working on a tamiya terra crusher for a buddy of mine. I finally got it working but there is no compression at all and it will barely run once i can get it started. So what im wondering is that is there any other motor that will fit or work directly into the old motor mount? I was thinking of the XTM .18 or an O.S. .18 MAXX but i don't know for sure if they will work? If you have any help or answers i need them fast thanks.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:29 PM
NitroDemon18

Default RE: Terra Crusher ???

If your on a budget I would get an O.S. 18 cvrx. If your not then get an O.S. 18tm or tz.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Bria1

The OS .18 cvrx with rotary carb is a direct fit. An OS .18 TZ-TX will work too, but it has rear exhaust so you'll need a new header and it'll be tight by the rear shocks.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:06 PM
moab_crawler

Ok cool thanks for your input and no im not on a budget but i think im going to go with the cvrx but does the stock clutch and flywheel assembly fit on it? Or do i need to put on another setup? thanks
Old 08-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Bria1

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGGP7&P=ML]This [/link] is a direct fit. The only thing you may need to do is cut a small amount off the end of the crankshaft for the flywheel nut to tighten down properly. But measure first to make sure.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:42 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

ive used a picco15 on mine..but i kno os18 was a good fit.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:34 PM
jimjeep

I'm putting an OS max 18CV-RX in a Terra Crusher right now and although I didn't have to cut the end of the crankshaft the exhaust header will not mount to the engine. First the screws are too long because the Tamiya engine was thicker at the header bolt holes. No biggie! Cut them or get some shorter screws. The big problem is that the spacing between the bolts is smaller on the OS as compared to the Tamiya engine by about 1mm. Just enough that you can't use the stock header unless you do some grinding on the through holes on the engine. I'm really bummed about this now. It wouldn't be much of a problem if it were mine, but it is for a customer and I now have to find an affordable solution for this. I'll post back here when I figure out what I can do to make this work.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Bria1

This [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBTB5&P=SM]HPI header[/link] will work. I know the TNX .18 header bolts right up to the OS .18.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:09 PM
jimjeep

Thanx Bria1 for the suggestion on the HPI header. I was also looking at that same one, but we didn't have that one in stock at the store. I actually found a solution that works perfectly and is better than the original exhaust. I used a T-maxx .15 exhaust header (blue of course) with a nitro Rustler header tube with the elbow cut off and the original pipe from the Terra Crusher screwed in to the bottom side of the mount instead of the top of it. It lowers the pipe right down to the chassis plate with about 1/16 in clearance. Looks better than factory now. Center of gravity is lowered and the chassis is cleaner with good clearance for the larger air Cleaner that comes with the OS engine. My customer was very pleased and my co-workers were as much in awe as I was at how it came out. I would highly reccomend this upgrade to anyone with a Terra Crusher who wants to replace the engine.