Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

One more t-maxx vs savage thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

One more t-maxx vs savage thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 06:28 AM
ChetRog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more t-maxx vs savage thread

I was searching this place and found some things about each that were good and bad..I was wondering for a newbie why you guys thought one or the other was better..I want something that is fast and can take a beating...Please let me know "why" you think one is better then the other...Thank you
Old 03-15-2003, 06:30 AM
Rob D

Right now ill say tmaxx becuse of al the after market support by this time next year the savage should have the same suport
Old 03-16-2003, 12:33 AM
Letsskydive

I thinks savages are the way to go. i got one and i love it very fast after puting a .25 in it i have beaten t-maxxs in a drag before and will alot the savage can take a beating and there is alots of aftermarket parts to just look a little t-maxxs are very easy to break when it comes to the shocks compared to savage.

GET A SAVAGE
Old 03-16-2003, 01:04 AM
creeping death

1 vote for savage...mine seems bullet proof, and jumps and handles EXCELLENT. SAVAGE RULES!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 02:33 AM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

I have only seen a Savage sitting on a counter top at the LHS so I can't comment about it, but I do own a 2.5 TMaxx.

The TMaxx is quite a bit faster out of the box so if you have no money to upgrade the engine that may make a difference. My TMaxx has held up very well both in the field and on the track. The only part I've had to replace is the body and the rear body post mounts. Before too long I'll be replacing a front bulkhead (too many nose dive landings).

I also love the EZ start function of the TMaxx. It has saved my arm a lot of pulling. It's quick and easy to get started.

I would like to see the Savage run around the track to get an idea of it's capabilities. I was rather surprised to see that the Savage's stock suspension setting has it taking up at least 50% of it's travel in sag.

My vote would be to either try them out or see both of them in action before buying. I will say however that you probably can't go wrong with either.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:54 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

forget both and go for an emaxx^^ haha im a electric guy so what can i say anyways i dont like either, id prefer to take a slow megaforce (cuz they look beautiful) or a terracrusher... but if i have to pick, go for the Tmaxx because you can transform it to a Monstermaxx and become 1 of the best offroad MTs ever
Old 03-16-2003, 04:23 AM
creeping death

wookie, I think you would be impressed at the track capabilities of the savage , even stock...it is a sleeper, that can be the best monster truck ever with a few mods!remember, traxxas is on their second version of the tmaxx, so it is of course going to be a great truck, but the savage is an entirerly new design, that I feel will show its superiority in time.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:14 AM
caseyddr

no matter what MT you have, there will always be limited ability in racing just because it is an MT.. people trying to race them are fighting a lost cause. Get those things up against XXXNT's or MST1's or RC10GTs and they wont stand a chance... and saying the savage is on its first model isnt an excuse.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:37 AM
creeping death

well, who said I was making excuses...facts are facts...this is a new design for hpi.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:40 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by creeping death
well, who said I was making excuses...facts are facts...this is a new design for hpi.
well with what you said you amde it sound like the first design of the maxx series was bad..

on a tangent, everytime i say maxx i think of Maxx Unlimited... not that any of you know what that or DDR is
Old 03-16-2003, 05:43 AM
creeping death

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CaseyDDR
[B]no matter what MT you have, there will always be limited ability in racing just because it is an MT.. people trying to race them are fighting a lost cause. he was curious about how the savage would do on the track, nobody was comparing it to a stadium truck.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:46 AM
creeping death

Originally posted by CaseyDDR

well with what you said you amde it sound like the first design of the maxx series was bad..

on a tangent, everytime i say maxx i think of Maxx Unlimited... not that any of you know what that or DDR is
like I said...facts are facts ...2nd generation tmaxx...1st generation savage....no excuses,just my opinion...the first one was a good one i'm sure...is it better than the first savage?
Old 03-16-2003, 05:46 AM
caseyddr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by creeping death
[B]
no matter what MT you have, there will always be limited ability in racing just because it is an MT.. people trying to race them are fighting a lost cause. he was curious about how the savage would do on the track, nobody was comparing it to a stadium truck.
he never said anything about taking it around the trackk... With wha the wants the info is easily the Tmaxx (hate to say it cuz i dont like it) but the Savage only goes 31mph stock, the tmaxx goes over 40mph stock.. AND the tmaxx can take more damage in stock form than a savage... read your RCCA if you dont believe me.. Its the march issue if I am correct
Old 03-16-2003, 05:48 AM
caseyddr

IMO yes the old .15 was still faster than the savage lol... and the only real significant difference is the width of the new vs old.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:49 AM
creeping death

read what he says casey... he said he would like to see the capabilities of the savage on the track...FACT!
Old 03-16-2003, 05:50 AM
creeping death

IMO yes the old .15 was still faster than the savage lol... and the only real significant difference is the width of the new vs old.
and the handling, and the looks.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:52 AM
caseyddr

Default Re: One more t-maxx vs savage thread

Originally posted by ChetRog
I was searching this place and found some things about each that were good and bad..I was wondering for a newbie why you guys thought one or the other was better..I want something that is fast and can take a beating...Please let me know "why" you think one is better then the other...Thank you
please show me where it says track in this quote.. thanks gw, stop arguing now, all you had to do was look up and read the thing. he said FAST and DURABLE (actually take a beating but same difference)
Old 03-16-2003, 05:56 AM
creeping death

savage that is... face it, savage is better...go buy one...you know you want to!...speed ain't everything...put a better motor on, and the savage is way superior...more money? yes, but just the looks and handling and jumping capabilities make it far superior to tmaxx... so there ,casey jones!...lol hahaha! I love this sh*t! bring it!!!!!My rc10gt will smoke any monster truck anyhow!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 05:57 AM
creeping death

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wookie
[B]

I would like to see the Savage run around the track to get an idea of it's capabilities.
Old 03-16-2003, 06:00 AM
caseyddr

he didnt start thread so he doesnt matter, this post isnt his, it is the other guys gosh your silly. I was wonderin what you were talkin bout though haha. Either way though, Tmaxx wins haha
Old 03-16-2003, 06:04 AM
creeping death

I'm silly?...read my post...I was talking to wookie...he was asking about it...I don't need to follow yours rules. you just need to read closer.hahaha!!! little too much of grampas cough syrup?? :spinnyeye
Old 03-16-2003, 06:06 AM
caseyddr

its ok, I'm jus done arguing with a child, back on topic!
Old 03-16-2003, 06:07 AM
creeping death

I'm not the one that butted in ,off topic, and knowing all...sorry...FACTS!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 03:24 PM
NDeedOne

Hey ChetRog,

This is my opinion...I have seen savages and t-maxx's on asphalt, on level baseball fields, through thick grass, and at the parks (with varying surface conditions...sidewalks, little hills, big hills, stumps, bumps and JUMPS...).

If you want fast, either is fast...t-maxx is faster...also, t'maxx is alot more difficult to tune... (you can adjust the needles on the savage 1/4 turns and it runs just fine... on the maxx, if your about 1/8 turn off (for that whether condition) it won't start, even with that electric start. My Savage is plenty fast enough to be uncontrollable at times...(admit it, otherwise we wouldn't wreck)

As far as for Durability, I have had some "bad luck" with my Savage, when i would "baby" it... but now that i abuse it, nothing breaks... funny isn't it...? but true.

That electric start thing on the T-Maxx is no big deal (in a good way) because, now you have to carry that started, igniter, and controller... and possibly a screwdriver for tuning. Just to let you know... my savage sat up for about 3 or 4 days, and i had after-run oil in it... when I went to crank it yesterday...Very first Pull... so don't let people tell you anything about hurt arms and ....bla bla bla....

To watch the two of them jump is where the savage shines...It soars through the air, and lands very squarely on all fours... (alot like a cat) the suspension is great. The Maxx lofts in to the air and plummets to the ground...when landing (rubber side down) it's noticeably less stable.

Here is what made me decide to get the savage...

1) Suspension is much better - To make the Maxx hang with the Savage, you would need a .21 conversion Proline suspension...over $120... then you would need a .21 engine...over $140 again... at this point, you just caught up to the Savage's suspension, but, you will smoke it in top speed.

2) Top speed is slower - But all you have to do is spend around $150, and you will smoke what i just described above in reason 1.

3) Parts are coming out - You get to anxiously wait and see the new parts that are coming out... vs. I'm going to town to pick up the bla bla for my maxx...

4) More unique - one of a kind twin vertical plates... very cool looking and chances are, no matter what you do to "your" maxx, someone has already done it before. Nothing new under the sun.

With all that said, remember, it is my opinion, and i truly believe that both trucks will be great fun... I'll also tell you this, when i have the $$$ for another truck, it will be a Savage..... again. I 'll just do different mods to it. Good Luck
Old 03-17-2003, 05:23 AM
gidzila

You guys always manage to crack me up with this thread. Really does remind me of the my chevy is better than your ford and vice versa . Anyways, i have both of these trucks, and that whole thing about durability, I STILL think that the Savage is more durable than the old maxx and the new maxx. I don't really care what RCCA has to say cause i drive both of them hard and MY own personal experience, have found this to be the case. Some of you may agree or disagree but i've found this after ramming into immovable objects, jumping them off 15 foot retaining walls, all day bashes at the bmx track.

NDeedOne pretty much hit it on the head for the comparison between the two. So at the end of the day Wookie, it comes down to what sort of driving you do, and/or enjoy the most. If it is about speed, then the Maxx is definitely quicker outta the box, but as far as i'm concerned that's the only area where the maxx is better than the savage.

At the end of the day, you will definitely be happy with either of these trucks, as for me, i'm just that little bit more happier with the Savage .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.