Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

big engines revving ?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
steven16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big engines revving ?????

i have a 46 and was wondering how high are the suppost to rev ?? i saw some vids of the cen 7.7 same motor that i have in my truck and it didnt rev as high as mine and dont tell me the mixtures wrong i richend it up so much fuel would spit back out of the carb and leave big oil trails but still rev close to the old 28 the only thing different to the vids i saw was that i have a ribbed pipe and different carb thanks
steve
Old 08-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: big engines revving ?????

Well the 7.7 isnt that high of a rever. On there web site it said max rpm 26000.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:39 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: steven16

i have a 46 and was wondering how high are the suppost to rev ?? i saw some vids of the cen 7.7 same motor that i have in my truck and it didnt rev as high as mine and dont tell me the mixtures wrong i richend it up so much fuel would spit back out of the carb and leave big oil trails but still rev close to the old 28 the only thing different to the vids i saw was that i have a ribbed pipe and different carb thanks
steve
The .46ci NX76/NX77 (7.7cc) engine is strictly a low turning engine. It will not turn more than 30000RPM without losing much of its torque. Expect to see its torque curve to approach zero.

Your .28ci (4.6cc, NOT to be confused with .46ci!) engine will always turn faster and keep more of its torque curve into the low 30000RPM range. The NX76/NX77 would have to be seriously modded to retain some of its torque curve into the low 30000RPM range.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:36 PM
steven16

ok so im probly loosing torque but how can i tone it down?? how can i stop it reving so high just today when i was running it it would run normal then after about 2 seconds of holding it wide open it revved even higher like it leaned out but it already was running pretty rich ?? its confusing