Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

weird savage problem need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:25 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird savage problem need help

ok i race savages i know every bit of those trucks iv been racing them since they came out. but recently i had bought a savage s25 all stock nothing changed bone stock for $100. i have the brakes and throttle and tuning all to factory. truck starts up very easy purrs like a kitten but right when i barely hit the brakes the truck just shuts off idk know why at all i have raced 1/10 ST for 5 years 1/8 buggies for 3 years and 1/8 monster trucks for 4 years and never had this problem with any vehical. i have had the tuning needle in every position you could think of. idk whats wrong.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: weird savage problem need help

Im guessen when you hit the brakes it shutting your carb all the way shut. But i dont know any thing about a savy.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:43 PM
calvino

my only guess is the clutch shoes are melted into the bell, or snaut rocket is right with the carb closing to far, which I can't personally really see hapening???
Old 08-21-2007, 11:42 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

no i just installed a new clutch and vented fly wheel no sticking there and the carb is open when brakes are fully applied idk why it shuts off. never had this problem ever.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 AM
DaveG55

Then start a process of elimination. Change one varible at a time until you get an indication that something different happens. You need to isolate the problem
Start by disconnecting the linkage from the carb and squeezing the carb shut by hand and see what, if anything changes. If the engine still dies then you know the problem is not brake or linkage related and you can start looking at other things. Maybe things like air bubbles in the fuel line or a piece of trash in a carb needle, or maybe something binding in the tranny, or ????? Just keep changing one thing at a time, in a logical process, untill something changes.

You say you just did the clutch but, in my experence, new parts can be bad/at fault too.

Or it could be something unrelated to the drive train. It could be fuel/delivery related.
It could be a weak glow plug.

The key is going to be a good troubleshooting process. Think how the engine/truck works togeather and start eliminating one thing at a time. Eventually you'll isolate the problem.