Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

finally found out how you guys break dogbones.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

finally found out how you guys break dogbones.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Unstable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally found out how you guys break dogbones.

was doing jumps with my savage as me and Marc were messing around getting footage for a review (for a plane) and the last jump I hit the truck went WOT.

seems a battery fell out of the holder... so there is it after a backflip off the ramp tuimbleing end over end as I start to chase it down... well before it stops tumbling the engine dies... out of gas (talk about lucky timing) go out to the truck and go to check to see *** happend and I notice a bit of metal siting in the grass...
left(?) front dogbone broke the ball right off the end. so I guess its time for a trip to the LHS to get some parts.... I am temped to drop it on the workbench and say "it broke on me... I dont know what happend it just broke... I wasnt pushing it hard... make it work" should give the tech there a laugh (he gets in stuff all the time that has damage like bent chassis, or the head on the engine is loose and the sleave is in wrong and the customer is like "I didnt crash it or anything... it just stopped working... I didnt mess with it at all")
Old 03-18-2003, 02:09 AM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

After breaking two dogbones in 1 day, I just ordered the silver HD ones.

I also, stipped a brand new brake disc and the plastic/nylon hex retainer. It rounded off too. ***???

I rev, brake, rev, brake etc. to get cool wheelies... guess I was a little too hard on the brake parts. Oh well, ordered them too.

Once again out of commission until tower delivers the goods.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

the brake got hot and soft so it wore out fast and melted the plastic hex too...happened to me. I have yet to break a dogbone though. Plenty of pull satrt strings and lower control arms though.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:25 PM
AdamB

Was pretty cool, at first I broke a left rear dogbone. The Savage became front wheel drive. Talk about spinning the tires then.

The only problem was I noticed it after I got it going. It then also only had brakes on front tires.... well you can imagine

Then I broke a left front. Luckily I had a set of spare dogbones.

Isphius, when you noticed your brake wore out on the hex hub too, had you super glued the ends like HPI suggested? I did, and I think that helped contribute to cause some how. Only because I never noticed a problem on the first brake and it was just about wore out when I changed it. But the hex part was fine.

HPI suggested to super glue the ends of the brake to help keep out water and such.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

I dont have a savage, it was on a car that i think is an hpi rs4 or a losi or something. My friend wanted me to fix it. I just spun the hex around because it was on a splined shaft and the brake was all the way up front on the hub, so it moved it to the good side. You would be better off replacing stuff then using super glue.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:03 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

where were u guys playin ? are u goin to the hobby show this saturday and sunday in pa
Old 03-20-2003, 01:20 AM
peterp105
My Feedback: (4)

hey where in NJ do u race? i live in norther nj
Old 03-20-2003, 03:23 AM
AdamB

What hobby show?
Old 03-20-2003, 07:38 AM
badboy2

its goin to be in fort washington,pa on 3/22 and 3/23 i got my post card go to www.hobbyshow.com theyre goin to have a lot of stores so maybe we could get cheaper rc's or parts like me i am goin to buy parts that maybe usually breaks on terrra crusher
Old 03-23-2003, 06:39 AM
badboy2

man the show sucks! they only have like 50 stores mostly trains planes and rockets and boats..and maybe 2stores for (rctrucks/cars) so i finished for like 30minutes ate my footlong then drove back home (1 1/2hour drive)