Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cen Gst 7.7 or Xtm Monster Mt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:24 PM
GTRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Gst 7.7 or Xtm Monster Mt?

Which one will be better? Thinking of getting one of them.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:03 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cen Gst 7.7 or Xtm Monster Mt?

I dont know much about the CEN but i know the XTM is a great truck. Plus they are both great brands. So iether of the m would be good. I reccomend the MMT ONLY because i dont know anything about the CEN besides its big and ugly.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 PM
GTRice

I see. Thanks. That's what I am thinking of getting. The MMT.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:50 PM
jombo

i thought you decided on the cen truck before, besides get the nemesis its faster than the cen 7.7. the xtm monster mt is faster than both.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:37 PM
air-x

I bought a GST 7.7 this summer and have beat the crap out of that thing..........it is super tough and quick for a big truck. It is a very stable truck. I know you wouldnt regret going with the GST
Old 09-06-2007, 04:42 PM
GTRice

ORIGINAL: jombo

i thought you decided on the cen truck before, besides get the nemesis its faster than the cen 7.7. the xtm monster mt is faster than both.
Yeah, I was, but I might regret buying it, because it has a lot of problems. I really like the looks on the gst. I like the mmt too. But I think the mmt is really a big mammoth. It's using a buggy chassis. Cen gst is really a neat looking truck, but I use to have the first version of the genesis and it sucks. It has so much problems. It was the most horrible monster truck I ever own. I'm afraid the gst will have problems too like the old one. But I have a mammoth st and if I buy the mmt, I might feel no difference, because both are using buggy chassis and they both nearly got the same speed. What would you prefer, the mmt or gst?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:55 PM
jatoracing33

the 7.7 i heard is a gas hog
Old 09-06-2007, 05:17 PM
GTRice

What do you mean by that? It eats the gas very quick, so when you run the truck, the gas in it won't last long?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:03 PM
poe

The GST has the .46 engine, so it goes through alot more fuel. It has a bigger tank than most so it doesnt really get worse runtimes.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:31 PM
GTRice

Yeah, I know.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
jombo

thats a tough call, i like the nemesis better than the gts because even with the 2 speed its still faster. if i were to chose between those 2 def the nemesis. i always wanted a truggy thats the reasin i got the mmt, i put the mammoth tires on and i will install the center diff some time this week but if you already have the mammoth st its not the same truck this is defenitly the upgrades version of the st. stronger bracing helical diff 2 servos for steering and a xtm 28, it rips with the 2 speed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15236.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	757927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18648.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	757928  
Old 09-06-2007, 09:04 PM
jombo

i also forgot to mention its alot cheaper than the nemesis too, the only thing needing upgrading are the tires and rims on this truck.
btw i still get blisters on my fingers when i try to start the nem or genesis up. its just a tough truck to start but after a while you get use to it. like i said the gts i really dont know about but the nemesis has the upgraded aluminum case and the hd output joints on the diffs. thats a thing to consider too if you want the gts it dosent have them.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:25 AM
CrazyMento

ORIGINAL: Mad Racer

ORIGINAL: jombo

Yeah, I was, but I might regret buying it, because it has a lot of problems. I really like the looks on the gst. I like the mmt too. But I think the mmt is really a big mammoth. It's using a buggy chassis. Cen gst is really a neat looking truck, but I use to have the first version of the genesis and it sucks. It has so much problems. It was the most horrible monster truck I ever own. I'm afraid the gst will have problems too like the old one. But I have a mammoth st and if I buy the mmt, I might feel no difference, because both are using buggy chassis and they both nearly got the same speed. What would you prefer, the mmt or gst?
I have a GST and there is no problem with it at all.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:20 AM
rob123

I agree,! The gst 7.7 is a very good truck and its the same thing as the nemesis. I race my gst on the weekends with my friends and it never seems too give me any problems. To me if you know what your doing and You know what you want, Than your going to get the best out of your truck. Not just the cen truck but any truck for that matter.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:28 AM
derrick05

If you have any nitro knowledge at all,this should be a no-brainer[X(]How can you even compare a CEN to XTM.CEN makes the toughest trucks in the industry.Yes they are more expensive,but isnt anything thats worth having.Go for the NEMESIS.Its a lot more durable than a GST.No reverse=less problems.XTM is crap[:-]
Old 09-07-2007, 10:59 AM
ttoks

personally i would go the XTM, i don't really like the CEN, the engine chews through the fuel, yet is less powerful then a nova then many .28 engines, the novarossi 528XR was dynoed with 25% more power then the .46 in the CEN, even the STS D28M 5 port is just as powerful as it, the chassis itself is a nice piece of kit because it lends itself to a gas convention very easily, but that for me anyway is about it, the also CEN costs more then an LST2, which in my opinion is the best RTR truck you can buy, great engine (the mach 427), great radio (JR FM gear), and a great truck in terms of durability, reliability and performance strait out of the box, if i could suggest anything i would suggest the LST2 since your willing to spend more for the GST.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:21 PM
GTRice

Thanks for the help guys, especially you jumbo. Great pictures. You mmt is a giant truggy! I don't know if I can trust cen still, because I use to own a lot of cen and they all broke. I'm not sure with the gst or nemesis, but since you guys are saying that cen is now good and they improve, I might get the gst. I don't really like truggys that much. The nemesis is like a truggy. So I might go with the gst.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:34 AM
lambo77

I love the GST even if i still havn't it![][]
here in italy it costs 1101$...it's too much expensive!
i'm considering the idea to buy it in USA.....
Old 09-08-2007, 09:56 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Derrick, the only company in this industry that I would agree to calling crap would be Smartech... However, XTM is NOT a bad company... Sure they have made some crappy vehicles in the past, but look at what they have now: The Mammoth ST <<Awesome Truggy the MMT << Waaay better than the old Mammoth MT and the XLB is nice too. Its not a "No brainer", both trucks have their pros and cons

Oh yeah Derrick, if you have any COMMON SENSE and MANNERS then you wouldnt be such a smartass
Old 09-08-2007, 07:44 PM
jombo

here you go this is right from my gallery on rcu, i like them both but the nemesis i think is faster and more durable.but if you are going to dish out that kind of money anyway look into the lst2 that by far is a strong and fast truck, yea i got one of those too, man they look good when their new
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84759.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	759247