RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage v LST2

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:46 PM
cleek
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage v LST2

I tell u something after installing a 3 speed transmission in my sagave x....This truck is darn fast and has good torque power. It takes a beating and keeps on going plus it does cool wheelies..u can beat that!

So far my LST2 is disappointing me. It doesnt go that fast and I have already broken a part afer 2 days of playing with it! But Im gonna still tune it properly and then Ill see but so far savage is 1 bad ass truck and more enjoyable!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Default RE: savage v LST2

Cool. Congrats.

LST2 owners, don't get mad at this guy...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:03 PM
ttoks

it's good to see a comparison from someone who has both trucks, i know the savage takes a beating, after seeing a guy i bash with a 4.6 xss, the beatings he gives it, and then when he crashes big all you here is him laughing lol, he's evil, his truck has broken the least out of every truck there, and what has broke he's just patched up and kept going, the lower left a arm on the front is being held together with a radiator tie, some insulation tape and a few zip ties lol.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
RCtruckRacer

It takes a beating and keeps on going plus it does cool wheelies..u can beat that!
You're right! I can! Just meet me at any track...lol
Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The LST2 is the ULTIMATE truck for GENERAL purposes. I just love my Savage not matter what. I need to get the three speed for it sometime soon, then ill be hitting 50mph+. I just love the fact that I can do 20 foot jumps over and over an keep on going Not to mention INSANE burnouts with my STS .30, the tires actually spin since Ive converted to 2WD[8D] All I need to do to get an even more dramatic effect on my tires is soak them with WD-40
Old 09-13-2007, 10:37 PM
yz426flier

i had an lst2 for my first truck. i was so dissapointed with it and got out of the hobby. i just returnded about a month ago and bought a savage 25 and i love it now.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 PM
cleek
Banned

[8D]I luv when my savage tumbles and then gets back on its wheels![8D]

when this engine blows up and Im getting a more powerful engine and bash this dam truck to death. It already looks like it has 3 yrs on it eventho I got it 2 wks ago....its all scratched up...I go up on hills, climb up curbs and even trees lol, dam this truck is awesome!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:59 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have both, including a 3-speed with Axial 28 in my Savage X SS. But for me, the LST2 is clearly superior.

It's BIGGER, FASTER, and HANDLES INFINITELY BETTER. And it's also tough - it has frankly suprised me how tough it's been(see video at bottom..)

And toughness is pretty much what it boils down to when comparing these two trucks. So far I've easily broken more on the Savage - an upper A-arm, the rear bumper post, and - annoyingly - I've rounded out several eyelets, for ex on the end of the turnbuckles and now even the shocks. This past weekend I broke a hub on a very ordinary jump - luckily I had a spare from my 25..(being such an outspoken Savy fan is tough, cuz nothing ever really broke on my 25 at all - that thing was TOUGH, and made me a Savy fan for life.. The X gen though is a different story... I'm positive that with the X generation HPI has been using a lower grade plastic.)

On the LST2 I've cracked one rear upper arm(in the video - but I didn't notice til looking it over later..), and so upgraded to all RPM arms so that's no longer anything to think about, and this past weekend my throttle servo fried...

Overall, if you have like I do a New Era rollbar on the LST2, I don't thinkt he Sav is any tougher - as I said, I've bashed both about equally, and have had easily more probs with the Savage. Add in that the LST2 is WAY faster(a stock LST2 will smoke %80 of ALL Savages, upgrade what you want, IMO....) and bigger and handles better and has reverse(didn't used to care about that, but it's growing on me...) and a better radio.

Only gripe really with the LST2 is that, with the New Era rollbar, you're kind of limited with body choices.. But hey that's pretty minor, and meaningless if you're REALLY focussed on performance...

The Savage DEFO wheelies better, but that's about all I use it for now.... Jumping, racing around, WOT top-speed runs, you name it the LST2 is just in a different league. I'll always have a Savage around cuz it was my first "love"...

But the LST2 is just a better truck.

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...ST2BashDay.flv
Old 09-14-2007, 08:27 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: yz426flier

i had an lst2 for my first truck. i was so dissapointed with it and got out of the hobby. i just returnded about a month ago and bought a savage 25 and i love it now.

IIRC you bought a used one, and it gave you problems.
Anybody thats been around for a bit knows teh LST2 is teh pinnacle of notro MTs
Old 09-14-2007, 09:02 AM
jombo

there is no comparison between the lst2 and the savage. the lst2 out of the box will out run and out perform the savage hands down
Old 09-14-2007, 11:28 AM
derrick05

Thank you jombo and Patrick.I have also owned both trucks at the same time and bought both of them new and the LST2 will outrun,run over and outbash a Savage all day long.Theres no comparison here.Its like comparing a corvette to a mustang.The corvette is simply superior[>:]However,my NEMESIS is tougher than the two put together[>:]The LST2 has the best engine of the three[X(]
Old 09-14-2007, 12:32 PM
SavageonNOS

I will run that LST2 down and then over -
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96255.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	762853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25700.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	762854  
Old 09-14-2007, 12:34 PM
2DMaxLST!!

It's hard to do that when your stuff is built for and stays on the shelf.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Sugafree

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

It's hard to do that when your stuff is built for and stays on the shelf.
Ya Beat me to it.......I was just Looking at All the Bling Parts & in my Book = Not a Real Basher......
Old 09-14-2007, 12:43 PM
RCtruckRacer

will run that LST2 down and then over -
I hope to be at the Nitro Pit for the Challenge this next year. Why don't you come up from (Na... Huh? Nogales? Wherever) and bring your shelf queen with you? I'd be happy to let you try and catch me! I bet those Integy shocks break on the first lap!!! [X(]
Old 09-14-2007, 12:57 PM
iexion

As for speed. Both trucks have aftermarket speed conversion ( 3 speed/savy - high speed convo/LST2 ) and both are around the same price of $50+ so your pretty much covered there. ALOT of rc'er agree that the LST2 does out handle the savage but that savage is a pure cold basher. I cant say who builds better parts, Hpi vs Losi but Hpi does more to advanced and Update there stuff and they like to put out MORE stuff for there cars/trucks or buggy. I had wanted a savage for the longest time and when i got the cash to get it... i said no for some reason, i looked at the Hotbodies truggy, Aftershock (down graded LST2) savage and something else i cant remember. I went with the shock and used it as a good platform for what i wanted. Altho its not a $600 LST2 it still BIGGER then the savy ( which is why i got it )

Between the two trucks, its like what do you want more? The savy as a pure basher but wouldnt be as good at the track as a LST2, and the LST2 is still a worthy basher and wont take as much to trun it into a racer.... or theres the Revo, im not gonna lie, every time i look at a "heat" there is always a revo in either 1st or 2nd... and i guess revo just won this years ROAR..... and last years to[:@]
Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 PM
SavageonNOS

Every nitro car I own sees daily duty - Do not bring SHOW to a GO fight .
SHOW AND GO 10000000%
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83432.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	762876  
Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
cleek
Banned

LST2 has a better braking system than my savage. I took my LST2 out for a test ride today , and im still havin problems tuning this damn thing! I think I got it right now and tomorrow ill retest it again....I like the size of the LST2 and it does have crazy horsepower for a stock RC.Atlhough Im still having more fun with my savage...its easy to tune!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:58 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: SavageonNOS

Every nitro car I own sees daily duty - Do not bring SHOW to a GO fight .
SHOW AND GO 10000000%
Do you move them from one shelf to another??

Post pictures of them at the track or at least outside, you keep posting the same shelf queen pictures over and over and over.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:04 PM
RCtruckRacer

or theres the Revo, im not gonna lie, every time i look at a "heat" there is always a revo in either 1st or 2nd... and i guess revo just won this years ROAR..... and last years to
Not knocking the Revo, its a fine truck. But it was the driver that won, not the truck. If some of the better drivers would show up with other truck brands, it might be different. Smolnik & Cen were supposed to get into the MT class this year, but there has hardly been a showing. When was the last time The Drake raced MT in a big race? Or any of the Losi guys? They hit smaller races, and do well, but you almost never see the Traxxas, Losi or any Factory Team drivers together in the same race anymore.

Regionally, I have found its even worse. All of the fastest MT drivers up here (except one - no not me damnit) drives a Revo. Only one of the better drivers has something else. But he is a danger to both TQ and Podium at every series race.

Its not about the truck, its about the driver and his/her setup ability. That's what wins races.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:22 PM
SavageonNOS

Just for you I will be sure to take more.. I will include the whole collection.. Gonna take a while...
Where are all your rides??? No pics? Wonder why - LOL!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:28 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Yeah, I don't post a lot of pictures.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:30 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm actually surprised you didn't respond by writing on a piece of paper and taking a pic of it and posting that....
Old 09-14-2007, 03:21 PM
RCtruckRacer

Just in case he was talking to me...

Old 09-14-2007, 03:33 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that body is sitting waay high on that LST2, it looks [sm=72_72.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.