Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Which one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 06:25 AM
rrcjr1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one of these?

I am looking to purchase a monster. I bash and race with a few of my buddies on a local track. I have it down to 3. Help me decide. MGT 4.6, Cen genesis 7.7 or savage 4.6. My friends have revo, savage 4.6 and losi lst2. I want to be competitive speed and handling wise with them soooo which one.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:09 AM
jimmy hat

Default RE: Which one of these?

If youre looking for a fast monster, then out of those go for either the MGT or the Savage, the Genesis isn't really that fast. People will recommend the MGT to you, I recommend the Savage. Your choice. If you want something for speed and handling go for a Revo or better a Jato 3.3 theyre fast as anything and bulletproof.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:28 AM
ttoks

the revo is infact a lot stronger then most people give it credit for, they are very strong, they may look whipy, but remember they are a good 4 pounds lighter then a savage or LST2, of ro the choices, i highly recomend the LST2 to anyone wanting a good truck out of the box, as it comes with very good gear for an RTR truck, JR radio gear and a dynamite mach 427 engine as stock, it is rare to find an RTR vehicle of any genre with a good engine and radio stock, and jsut about every Losi has both, on top of that it handles very well and is very durable, and will outdo a savage in top speed and cornering abilities easily, the revo will out do the LST2, but the revo is lighter, and designed from the ground up as a racer more then a basher (it is still strong however), but the LST2 comes with better gear.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 AM
derrick05

Of the choices you have listed,the LST2 is the best.I would consider the NEMESIS.It is more durable than the GENESIS or anything you have listed.LOSI has the best engine of your choices.These things I tell you are from firsthand experience.Im not going to argue with any of you,so all of you who are loading your flamethrowers at this time,dont waste your time because its not going to happen[:'(]
Old 09-15-2007, 09:45 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LST2 hands down[8D] Savage is second
Old 09-15-2007, 10:47 AM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

I can only comment on the savage and MGT, my MGT will out handle my buddies savage big time. The savage is light and rolls over and flips easily when stock. You need aftermarket wheels and tires to make it handle better. My MGT is solid all stock, except the stock motor is OK, but wont keep up with the savage in the straits, thats why I went with the LRP engine, now its fast and handles pretty good.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:31 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

mgt is a good choice..