Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Anyone own a Smartech Magic wheel?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Anyone own a Smartech Magic wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:00 PM
cen123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own a Smartech Magic wheel?

How are these trucks? Do they break easily? Are they powerful? How fast do they go? What size engines can be bolted on? Are there any bolt-on kits to fit larger engines?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: Anyone own a Smartech Magic wheel?

Smartech = [:'(] Dont even bother with them.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Sugafree

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16...tm.htm#1604718
Old 09-27-2007, 08:11 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, dont people get it from the name??? "Magic Wheel" I mean come on! Always buy name brand when it comes to R/C![8D]
Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 AM
robwiljas

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Wow, dont people get it from the name??? "Magic Wheel" I mean come on! Always buy name brand when it comes to R/C![8D]
While I agree that smartech is crap because they just copy others....poorly, I don't agree that you should always buy name brand. Every brand has to start somewhere. I remember when I was a kid my parents bought a TV and they had never heard of the brand before, but decided to take a chance on it anyway because it was cheap. They still have that TV some 20 or so years later and it still works fine. The brand was Samsung by the way.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:57 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Magic Wheel?! Run away! Run FAR away!!

My brother's mechanic friend had one he got from the Snap-On truck. The fact that the snap on guy was selling them should have been a hint. Anyway, that truck was nothing but problems. Even after a complete teardown and cleaning, the engine would never hold a tune, and it seemed like something was always either coming loose or binding up in the drivetrain. We wasted a lot of good time trying to get that junk running reliably before it got parted out.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Suprachrgd82

My nieghbor has one. It ran very reliably from the box. We put a TMaxx pipe/header and carb on it, and it ran like a scalded dog.

Then he crashed and broke some parts. It took over 2 moths to find, purchse, and wait for parts.

Them, we converted to an OS18. That conversion costs over $120 in parts, aside from the cost of the motor.

As of right now, all the oil leaked from the shocks. The tranny shifts some of the time. The plastic parts are too feeble to handle the speed and power of a hot motor.

Lesson learned: Do not buy cheap knock-offs. They cost more in the long run.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:46 PM
rcnitrohead

Every company has to make a start, but you can easily tell from the aspiring ones trying to get somewhere, to those that make copies of other vehicles which Imo are kind of scam. Look at Robotronic, they were new a year back, now they have some excellent products and they are backed by Axial[8D]
Old 10-20-2007, 05:00 AM
R.lepecha

i have a mgic wheel and allways had a problem tuning it after i investigated i found that there was a crack in the needle holder and was letting too much fuel in or air into the fuel line cant seem to get a needle holder in uk that fits so do you know of any complete carbs that fit it

thanx