13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Which MT should I choose?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:05 PM
GTRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which MT should I choose?

I've been having some trouble on which mt to get. What do you guys think which will be the best?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: Which MT should I choose?

uhh.[sm=75_75.gif] well what are you wanting to do with it. if your just bashing,savage will be great. and go by what your local hobby shop carrys. And the xtm mt is suppose to be a great truck right now and for the price.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Savage_mt2_Attack

Savage X 4.6 FTW![>:]
Old 10-05-2007, 05:02 PM
jombo

ORIGINAL: Mad Racer

I've been having some trouble on which mt to get. What do you guys think which will be the best?
i thought you were going to get a nemesis or the gst. if this is your first truck i would get the savage. its easy to maintain and a good starter truck, when you get some experience with modding or see how things work get the mmt .it needs some help to get going properly especially with the brake's. the gst or any cen vehical needs a phd in tunning or its going to run hot all the time and the pullstart if not tuned properly you will be pulling all day long and break your arm trying . the savage is a great all around all purpose truck IN MY OPPINION and you cant go wrong.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:25 PM
GTRice

No, I'm not getting the nemesis or the gst. My father said that stay away from cen. I really like the looks of the savage x 4.6, but is the two speed already pre-set at the factory? If it is, I would get it, but if it's not, I'm not sure about getting it. I am kind of afraid of getting it. The reasons that I am a little afraid of getting it, because I don't really know how to set speeds and I am still a beginner in nitro. I look at instructions for nitro set ups, and I still don't understand nitros. I have a mammoth st and monster gt, and my father help me set there 2 speeds and tune there engines. They runs great. But I still don't know the basics of nitro. I'm afraid that I might need to quick nitro rc and stick with electric rc.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:30 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get a first nitro I would get the savage because it is a very wwell built truck. The 2 Speed already comes pre-set.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:02 PM
jombo

No, I'm not getting the nemesis or the gst. My father said that stay away from cen. I really like the looks of the savage x 4.6, but is the two speed already pre-set at the factory? If it is, I would get it, but if it's not, I'm not sure about getting it. I am kind of afraid of getting it. The reasons that I am a little afraid of getting it, because I don't really know how to set speeds and I am still a beginner in nitro. I look at instructions for nitro set ups, and I still don't understand nitros. I have a mammoth st and monster gt, and my father help me set there 2 speeds and tune there engines. They runs great. But I still don't know the basics of nitro. I'm afraid that I might need to quick nitro rc and stick with electric rc.
the 2 speed is factory preset but both of mine were never engaging so i loosend them up and now engage at 25 ft. if you have the mammoth st with the 24.7 motor thats a breaze to tune and so is the savage 28. the only thing i would get extra is a steel spure gear because it will save you some headakes untill you get it tuned properly(less melted spurs). nitro 2 strokes are pretty simple as long as you dont get frustrated with them. as long as you set the recommended idle and seal it up then set the low up so it transitions from idle to full throttle without a slow takepff and alot of smoke your golden ,and the high set untill you can make high speed runs without shutting down your done.there is a hpi video floating around somewere here and its really good,everyone new to nitro even some old boys (me included )can learn something new.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5mzva_hu6Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSmMz...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsJ...elated&search=

Old 10-05-2007, 07:32 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Savage is the easiest peace of cake to drive and operate/maintain ever. Start the motor, tune one tank and you can run your engine tuned like that for the next 3 months without any drastic weather changes. Depending on which model you want the two speed is a bit tacky. Like the X 4.1's and old S-25's had problems shifting if not warm enough because they were low revving motors and just didnt have the RPM's to engage second gear. The new X 4.6 should have no problems whatsoever. I love mine, I am turning it into a racer in order to beat all the Traxxas trucks around my area. Its already beating everything thanks to the STS .30 which is unshimmed and only has a gallon and some on it A+ motor. I cant wait till I mod it! Dont listen to the Traxxas fanatics, with some work the Savage will fly by Revos!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:39 PM
GTRice

ORIGINAL: jombo

the 2 speed is factory preset but both of mine were never engaging so i loosend them up and now engage at 25 ft. if you have the mammoth st with the 24.7 motor thats a breaze to tune and so is the savage 28. the only thing i would get extra is a steel spure gear because it will save you some headakes untill you get it tuned properly(less melted spurs). nitro 2 strokes are pretty simple as long as you dont get frustrated with them. as long as you set the recommended idle and seal it up then set the low up so it transitions from idle to full throttle without a slow takepff and alot of smoke your golden ,and the high set untill you can make high speed runs without shutting down your done.there is a hpi video floating around somewere here and its really good,everyone new to nitro even some old boys (me included )can learn something new.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5mzva_hu6Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSmMz...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsJ...elated&search=

Thank you jumbo. Your info is a big help.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:41 PM
GTRice

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

The Savage is the easiest peace of cake to drive and operate/maintain ever. Start the motor, tune one tank and you can run your engine tuned like that for the next 3 months without any drastic weather changes. Depending on which model you want the two speed is a bit tacky. Like the X 4.1's and old S-25's had problems shifting if not warm enough because they were low revving motors and just didnt have the RPM's to engage second gear. The new X 4.6 should have no problems whatsoever. I love mine, I am turning it into a racer in order to beat all the Traxxas trucks around my area. Its already beating everything thanks to the STS .30 which is unshimmed and only has a gallon and some on it A+ motor. I cant wait till I mod it! Dont listen to the Traxxas fanatics, with some work the Savage will fly by Revos!
I see, sounds great for you. You ever adjusted your 2 speed at your savage x 4.6?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:10 PM
duckedup

I thought you decided on the Savage X.. ? [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6413909/anchors_6421805/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#6421805]post #12[/link] [sm=confused.gif]
Old 10-05-2007, 08:17 PM
jombo

The Savage is the easiest peace of cake to drive and operate/maintain ever. Start the motor, tune one tank and you can run your engine tuned like that for the next 3 months without any drastic weather changes. Depending on which model you want the two speed is a bit tacky. Like the X 4.1's and old S-25's had problems shifting if not warm enough because they were low revving motors and just didnt have the RPM's to engage second gear.
your kidding right, i have 2 25 and both shift perfectly and wheelie just fine. i just replaced one one way bearing in one last week after 6 gallons of fuel through both of them.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:25 PM
GTRice

Hey jombo, did you take your center tranny apart to adjust your savage x 4.6's 2 speed or didn't?
Old 10-06-2007, 06:15 PM
jombo

the 2 speed is adjusted from the tranny box .there is a hole in the tranny and you need to ajust it from there ,just 2 screws. you never need to take it apart, its ajusted the same way the mgt is. the only time is if you get the 3 speed then you need to take it apart, well at least the old version did.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:22 PM
GTRice

I see. Thank you then. The savage x 4.6 also has easy access to the front and rear diff and center transmisson. I think that is good, because over time, there diffs gets wear and you need to replace it. It would be very fast to put a new diff in that savage.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:36 PM
tbone2862

do not get an exceedrc brand they are just junk. i know i got screwed when i got one
Old 10-08-2007, 08:40 AM
rob123

Well; Sorry, But Your father is wrong. Thay are carring parts for them then before and the truck is verey good. Cen 4 life!!!!![>:]
Old 10-08-2007, 08:58 AM
IL2mSturmovik

LST2 > *
Old 10-08-2007, 11:01 AM
GTRice

ORIGINAL: rob123

Well; Sorry, But Your father is wrong. Thay are carring parts for them then before and the truck is verey good. Cen 4 life!!!!![>:]
Yeah, I know that before, but I have many cen's before and they all broke. We bought some parts for them and they keep breaking. So we give up cen. I know that cen is now have been improved. They made many rc cars and trucks already and lots of parts for them.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:02 AM
GTRice

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

LST2 > *
I sometimes think about the lst2, but it's pretty expensive. That was off my list.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:02 PM
rob123

Mad racer how about a mgt4.6, losi aftershock or baja truck, Those truck run about $400 and are verey good and the price are verey reasonable. I have a lst2 that I perchase off a friend of mine who never use it, For about $500. I got lucky, But those other trucks I mention earlyer are well worth the money. Give it a try[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-08-2007, 04:34 PM
IL2mSturmovik

A new LST2 is only $549 @ killerhobbies, and SO worth it.
My HPI Savage bashing pal has now bought a 8ight T and a LST2, and will be putting his Savages up on E-bay soon.
He has over $1200 in one of them, and offered to sell it to a pal o mine for only $400!!
After watching us all bash, my friend was like "I want one of those Losi trucks, they handle better, jump better and seem like a cut above" [8D]
Old 10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
GTRice

ORIGINAL: rob123

Mad racer how about a mgt4.6, losi aftershock or baja truck, Those truck run about $400 and are verey good and the price are verey reasonable. I have a lst2 that I perchase off a friend of mine who never use it, For about $500. I got lucky, But those other trucks I mention earlyer are well worth the money. Give it a try[sm=thumbup.gif]
I already have the mgt and the aftershock, so I was just thinking of buying a other truck. I narrow down to the savage x 4.6, monster mt, and stampede vxl.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:49 PM
GTRice

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

A new LST2 is only $549 @ killerhobbies, and SO worth it.
My HPI Savage bashing pal has now bought a 8ight T and a LST2, and will be putting his Savages up on E-bay soon.
He has over $1200 in one of them, and offered to sell it to a pal o mine for only $400!!
After watching us all bash, my friend was like "I want one of those Losi trucks, they handle better, jump better and seem like a cut above" [8D]
Thanks I'll think about that. The lst2 is not bad, very great looking truck.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Anibal
Banned

trust me it aint good looking at all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.