Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Tuning Problem MGT fitted with a HPI 4.6

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Tuning Problem MGT fitted with a HPI 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:31 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Problem MGT fitted with a HPI 4.6

Hi I was wondering if any one out there has encountered a problem like this ill try to explain.
When you hold it at full noise (flat out) it screams that is good but when you back off and slow down roughly around 1/4 to 1/2 throttle then flatten it again, it splutters (like a bad missfire) if you are quick enough and pump the throttle/trigger you can pull it through the spluttering and it will scream beautifully again but if you take your finger of the throttle it will drop to idle and not stall, if you only back off a little bit at full noise and hit it, it accelerates with out a problem. I have been playing with the low speed needle and im getting frustrated on which way to tweak it. Or is it an O ring air leak. The motor is just run in. Im trying to do the final tune
Any Ideas
Heath
Old 10-16-2007, 06:36 AM
jimhens82

Default RE: Tuning Problem MGT fitted with a HPI 4.6

sounds like its running way too rich, put the engine back at factory settings then tune it from there, make sure to keep an eye on your engine temps
Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 AM
[email protected]

Default RE: Tuning Problem MGT fitted with a HPI 4.6

Thanks
ill give it a go tomorrow would be nice if that is all it ends up being. Ill let you know how i go
Its funny you know i dont have a problem tuning my other MGT whith the original Thunder Tiger
.28 but this HPI is anoying me
Heath