RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Truggy vs Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:25 PM
DaxFX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truggy vs Monster Truck

Hi People.
I am new on nitro off road. I got my first MOONSON and today is my 3rd with the Truggy. no matter of what are sayng some people The MOONSON its a high quality racing truggy. but this is not the theme here. Today I was on a race with 5 more Monster Truck. I win by 3/4 lap in front.

my opinion of what I see today is that monster truck are not too good as truggy on the racing track. they roll over on cornes and they are to krazy when jumping, 80% of monster truck jumps ends rolling all over when landing my truggy was straigth forward on ljumps without loops and rolls thats what I was to far in the race I take advantage on jumps with truggy also in cornes the truggy have the best handling they dont roll over on cornes like monster truck.

what you think Truggy or Monster Truck ?
Old 10-20-2007, 07:30 PM
ttoks

Default RE: Truggy vs Monster Truck

the x ray XT8, mugen , 8ight T RR, hyper ST pro kit, they're true racing truggies, anyway

truggies are race bread, they are pure racing machines, and despite what a lot of people think, they are faster, they handle better and are stronger then then monster truck, truggies are better in every way for performance, and bashing.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:32 PM
ThermalRD

The odds are you probably raced some very inexperienced monster truck drivers. I can gurantee you there are plenty of MT's that can jump very well, and handle corners without rolling over. The difference between truggy and MT is pretty significant. Even though MT's are gaining ground, they are still MT's. High center of gravity, typically heavier, most dont have bump start options, and most dont have center diffs. So yes, the truggy has a big advantage over MT's. Which is why they should be raced with other truggies.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with scott, as a truggy and monster truck owner that there is no comparison, but then, there shouldn't be, racing truggies are much more expensive and much lighter than monsters. Dax, it's not surprising that you beat monster trucks with your truggy, it's not a fair race. Let us know when you win your first truggy race.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:51 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: DaxFX

Hi People.
I am new on nitro off road. I got my first MOONSON and today is my 3rd with the Truggy. no matter of what are sayng some people The MOONSON its a high quality racing truggy. but this is not the theme here. Today I was on a race with 5 more Monster Truck. I win by 3/4 lap in front.

my opinion of what I see today is that monster truck are not too good as truggy on the racing track. they roll over on cornes and they are to krazy when jumping, 80% of monster truck jumps ends rolling all over when landing my truggy was straigth forward on ljumps without loops and rolls thats what I was to far in the race I take advantage on jumps with truggy also in cornes the truggy have the best handling they dont roll over on cornes like monster truck.

You must be racing a bunch of hacks with non setup monster trucks. Monster trucks must be setup properly for racing. That being said the fastest monster truck drivers with the best setup monster trucks are still slower than truggies.

As far as bashing a racing truggy, that's like taking a Corvette rock climbing. It depends what you definition of bashing is, but I could loose a truggy in moments in a follow the leader type bashing scenario. (they would get hung up climbing the 8 inch curbs in my local park)

Old 10-20-2007, 08:57 PM
DaxFX

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: DaxFX

Hi People.

You must be racing a bunch of hacks with non setup monster trucks. Monster trucks must be setup properly for racing. That being said the fastest monster truck drivers with the best setup monster trucks are still slower than truggies.

As far as bashing a racing truggy, that's like taking a Corvette rock climbing. It depends what you definition of bashing is, but I could loose a truggy in moments in a follow the leader type bashing scenario. (they would get hung up climbing the 8 inch curbs in my local park)

WRONG they are experinced Driver they do Racing on a local race track and actually today was my first real racing with a nitro car I was practing 3 days with my new one. I beat them because the track that we were racing today is a neighborhood homemade in the baseball park track and its not enough big and have very close cornes and big jumps and those MT's just keep rolling , rolling, rolling, (like the song) as said others mine was very stable at that small track. I am for sure if were a stadium track maybe I win by a few foot of distance.

foxy42 . I know is not fair but for be my 1st day at the track with an unknown maching I have to tell that i was a something new to tell on the track. here in Puerto Rico Truggys are not much comon they all keep with old school Monster Truck . I was surprised when I see 2 very old MT'S from about 15 years old or more the BIG BEAR and the BEATTLE the owner also told me that have in his home the MONSTER FOOT. some one remember those trucks?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:08 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I stand behind my previous post, my guess is you have never observed monster trucks setup and raced, on a R/C track.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:03 AM
gt5500

At the end of the day a well set up, well driven mt won't hang with a well setup and well driven truggy, but why would it?. In my eyes mt's should be used for racing over massive jumps, logs, truggies and anything else that gets in their way!. Truggies are a step up from buggies that require well groomed tracks but I still wouldn't send my MBX4 truggy conversion over the stuff I chuck my LST at. When it comes to bashing I actually find truggies really boring, the excellent handling and grip makes them all a bit uneventfull and the lack of ability to go full bore over just about anything takes away from the excitement. I think truggies should be raced, MT's should be bashed or raced round extreme tracks against other MT's, the sort of tracks where a truggy would get stuck!. If someone asked me to recommend a truck for bashing and general mucking about with I would never recomend a truggy, the MT's are much better for that sort of thing.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:19 AM
ttoks

my 8ight T sees the same punishment, or worse as my LST2, muggy and both revos, they are far from needing a well groomed track, thats stadium trucks, truth is i bash my 8ight T 3 weekends of the month and race for only one, and its taken a lot more then my revo ever did, the LST2 is out of action due to wheel bearings, and the muggy due to a done CB and spur, sof or bashing i recommend a truggy any day.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:34 AM
TM323

take a truggy mudding and see what happens. It is so stupid to argue these points but I do feel for guy's who race truggies and MT's in the same class that is unfair.

Now to you DAXAFX I just watched the review of the monsoon and that thing is slow as hell but I can see you beating soom vintage MT's. I don't race but I cannot see that thng beating my STS.30 Revo maybe a 2.5R Revo maybe
Old 10-22-2007, 11:08 AM
binaryterror

TM323, I want to see a Big Block revo do something useful other than bash or drag race.

Of course a Truggy is a better machine for racing. Even with the best set up an MT is just not on par to a Truggy. Now a great driver with an MT can beat many a Truggy racer.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:28 AM
performancehobbies

lol,,,,a buggy with monster tires on it ,,,truggy,,,,lol,,,the funny thing is when i first heard of these a year ago or so i was thinking they were bigger than my revo---i was wrong YES they are HEAVIER than my revo and are sort of locked into a big block BUT my revo
smokes many truggies,,,many....

i do agree that many monster trucks are out classed by pro 1/8 buggies with pro style big blocks BUT as for the revo ,,,check out
the lap times at all the nitro shootouts and you will see that the revo's are turning faster laps with stock 3.3 engines ...there is no need to argue there its truth.

i race both 3.3 length revo's and 2.5 and i like the 2.5 better ,,,its a little lighter and shorter which gives me a good sharp cut into a turn

a nother problem is that all the other monster trucks are big dumb high stance terds ,,and i can see why many people would rather make a 1/8 buggie there next big tire racer.
i see that A.E came out with a smaller 1/10 monster to jump into a class dominated by revo's...lame.

in my opinion REVO,S with a big block should be able to run with the truggies ---but im sure truggie guys wouldnt like that ,!!!

a monster that flips in turns a wheelies shouldnt be racing ,,,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65541.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	788015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96731.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	788016  
Old 10-22-2007, 12:39 PM
RCtruckRacer

While MT's do have a higher COG than other racers, I don't see the need to make derrogatory comments about them. I find the extra effort required to keep them between the pipes vs buggies and truggies an appealing quality. I am sure many find them too difficult to race to like doing so.

Truggy_Expert A Main Round# 5, Race# 17

________________________Driver___Car#____Laps____R aceTime____Fast Lap___Behind_
Hughes, Quincy #2 70 30:15.787 24.566
Branham, Jason #1 70 30:18.849 24.751 3.062
Matsler, Jimmy #4 67 30:01.978 25.273
Sharp, Keevin #9 67 30:12.588 25.309 10.610
Guidry, Derek #6 66 30:17.493 24.862
Chris Allison #8 64 30:05.110 24.906
Johnson, Trevor #11 62 30:13.050 25.497
Battaile, Mike #5 62 30:22.424 25.631 9.374
Dave Manglesdorf #7 61 27:46.189 24.307
Tanner Hagler #12 57 30:05.326 25.889
Mccrary, Mike #3 43 22:17.860 24.920
Green, David #10 19 9:00.370 26.702

MT_exp A Main Round# 5, Race# 18

________________________Driver___Car#____Laps____R aceTime____Fast Lap___Behind_
Roberts, Tim #1 65 30:18.088 25.764
Slayden, Steve #3 62 30:15.336 26.851
Hawthorne, Jerald #11 61 30:15.215 26.737
Battaile, Mike #2 61 30:28.973 26.549 13.758
Guidry, Derek #4 58 29:08.067 27.154
Bill Cash #10 56 30:30.077 28.225
Phillip Scheel #7 47 30:12.346 27.751
Johnson, Trevor #5 31 15:16.791 26.974
Brian Harjo #12 3 1:37.315 30.379
Paul Schulz #8 3 5:22.284 30.677 224.969
Koetting, Jake #9 1 33.775
Lambert, Steve #6 0 0.000

As you can see, the truggy times are faster than MT. This has been the case for any event I have ever been to, or read results for. Also, as an example the Jammin X1CRT weighs in at 7lbs 5oz dry, the revo 3.3 9lbs 8oz.
If this thread continues on a downward spiral, as it seems to be doing, it's going to have to be 86'd.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
2DMaxLST!!

So you just heard of truggies a year or so ago and you work at a hobby shop, interesting.â™* You've not been to or observed state level ROAR and RCPro Series races if you think Revo's with 3.3's are doing the same laptimes as truggy's and buggies.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:44 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I was at the races with several of the guys on those lists yesterday!!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
performancehobbies

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

So you just heard of truggies a year or so ago and you work at a hobby shop, interesting.â™* You've not been to or observed state level ROAR and RCPro Series races if you think Revo's with 3.3's are doing the same laptimes as truggy's and buggies.
so what ? truggies have been around for ? how many years ,,what 20 years ,,i guess i should of said 3 years ...

and the fact that the race REFERED to above ,,,,is the one second longer lap times were with a stock 3.3.doesnt say much for a truggie

if a almost stock revo goes one second behind a hopped up big block --THAT DOESNT MAKE ME THINK A TRUGGIE IS MUCH BETTER !!!

and at plenty of sanctioned races the revo turns faster lap times than a truggie,,
sure plenty of over sponsored pro races put up faster times ..

LOL,,,notice EXPERT...pro modded big block time is 24.566----vs almost stock REVO with 3.3- with a 25.764 lap time

and whats the price differance --im sure the TRUGGY has more CASH into it ,,,

so whats your answer to that i must ask ...?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:30 PM
2DMaxLST!!

You can ask, racing costs a lot of $$ no mater what class you race, monster trucks especially due to part breakage and wear.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 PM
performancehobbies

yea but ill bet that truggy refered to in the above race record,,,,is in the 1500 plus zone...
i have 3 revo's all hopped up maybe only 900 in each if that ,,,and traxxas driver tim roberts is driving a almost stock revo ..maybe 700 or so in it ,,,,
so put a o.s max racing engine and a few other upgrades
or put a max power massimo fantini engine in a revo and there is your LAP TIME difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont understand wear parts breakage and wear fit in ,,,my trucks never break during races --mostly break when im BASHING..
racing is supposed to be fluid,,,,
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM
performancehobbies

if your going to buy a TRUGGY you'd better have atleast 3000 dollars to make it keep up with the pack ...

but if you have 1000 get a revo ,,,you'll be about 1 second behind the truggy leader ...lol..no really LOL
Old 10-22-2007, 01:46 PM
2DMaxLST!!

You are real funny.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
performancehobbies

lol funny ,,,,funny is going down a lap in a qualifier and taking out the leader --thats funny,,,!!!

my attitude resembles the little kid on the geico commercial,,,,im putting you in the wall,,,and im the greatest driver alive,,lol

really-- dont get all mad at my posts ,,i like being a bit edgy,,makes the forum funner FOR ME...
Old 10-22-2007, 02:23 PM
RCtruckRacer

Obviously, this thread has run its course and no longer is able to provide usefull information to the members here. So, I locked it.