Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

So i got my emaxx a little WET....my next question is...

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

So i got my emaxx a little WET....my next question is...

Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
bmx2thekore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i got my emaxx a little WET....my next question is...

I opened up the receiver box and I see a little bit of water...so ok I know I need a new receiver now but my real question is...can the crystals be damaged if they get wet and can the plugs that plug into the receiver for the servos/esc get damaged as well? My esc was dry as a bone as only the front end dipped in the water a bit...so im ordering a receiver tonight but im scared i might be in more then just a receiver....so if anyone who has any experience with water damage what so ever I would greatly greatly appreciate your input! Thank You!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: So i got my emaxx a little WET....my next question is...

Have you actually tried the reciever to see if it works? Remove it, dry it out for a few days & plug it back in - there's a chance it may work.
Same goes for the rest of the electronics - dry them and re-install. No point in wasting your money when there is a chance at least some of it just needs to dry out...
Old 10-29-2007, 06:09 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: So i got my emaxx a little WET....my next question is...

Like the previous poster said, try everything after drying first.

That said, if the rx died, its highly unlikely that the servos or anything else got damaged unless they experienced water damage on their own. The crystal too should be fine, its a solid state device that cant really be damaged unless excessive current flows through it - and thats something thats unlikely to happen if a reciever takes water damage.