Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Overall thoughts on warhead evo?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Overall thoughts on warhead evo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Overall thoughts on warhead evo?

buying one soon and want to know, overall thoughts about it for the price of $329.00

thanks

Jeff
Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Overall thoughts on warhead evo?

Recently sold mine, but loved it.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:09 AM
corcam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really can't beat $329! Unfortunately I paid more for my original Warhead. Oh well, I've gotten my enjoyment out of it. Best of luck to you.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:43 AM
jombo

dont do it, search around there are other trucks probably more durable and user frendly than a warhead.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:11 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: jombo

dont do it, search around there are other trucks probably more durable and user frendly than a warhead.
Valid point
Old 10-31-2007, 03:18 PM
atv_motocross#38

I dont know if its just my truck, but its almost as easy as electric. It is so much better than my Aftershock.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: Duratraxman1

I dont know if its just my truck, but its almost as easy as electric. It is so much better than my Aftershock.

You have got to be joking, man
Old 10-31-2007, 04:20 PM
atv_motocross#38

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

No. Im not. I absolutely love this truck. Im sure there are PLENTY of trucks that would easily beat this truck in a race, but for me to go out, start it and go, it is the best. It has plenty of power and top speed. The only thing i dont like about it is that it is very hard to work on. (not that i do alot of it)
Old 10-31-2007, 07:32 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

No. Im not. I absolutely love this truck. Im sure there are PLENTY of trucks that would easily beat this truck in a race, but for me to go out, start it and go, it is the best. It has plenty of power and top speed. The only thing i dont like about it is that it is very hard to work on. (not that i do alot of it)

Thats awesome you are digging your Warhead, I have just read there are so many issues with it on here. I was considering it for a time until I read teh Warhead thread on here[]
Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 PM
meljon

My warhead is fast handles great and is plenty durable. Biggest problem I had was the original spur gears. I have a steal one and it is great. I put an Axial 32 in and it has tons of power maybe even to much. Super Tiger engine had plenty of power, but it was hard to keep it tuned.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:39 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

I think this is a great truck you just have to get to know it, taking it apart is a pain the first time but once you figure out what order to takes things off its a breeze. Even with the problems i've had I still love it because something goes wrong you just call duratrax and they replace it for free if its not your fault. I've only had a few problems with the truck but im sure its do to me not going over it before using. The first problem was the topshaft gear had the pin break on it into three pieces. The last problem was the CV joints dogbones were wearing fast, and it blew a pin in the lower joint, but after a talk with a technician at duratrax they told me that it was because my truck was set up in rumble mode. They said that the angle that the CV joints were at that there was too much added stress on the trucks CV joint components and that they will always abnormally wear unless you keep the truck at factory settings. This is a fast truck although it wont do wheelies, it is made for racing, it has excellent handling and after some hop ups this truck is really insanly fast. I have Aluminum transmission cases front and back, aluminum bulkheads front and back, aluminum clutch shoes, aluminum steering bellcrank, aluminum draglink, ultralight clutch bell, and reverse eliminator, and i removed the shifting servo. I also noticed that the aluminum steering bellcrank and draglink produce a much better handling truck. JM2C and i hope that i helped save anyone from any unneeded aggrivation.