Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Bria1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Even though I didn't run I had a good time hanging out and pitting for you guys.

Matt - congrats on the MT win.

Mike - awesome job hanging with the truggies with the LST2.

Jake - ya looked good with the 1/10th out there.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60097.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	881726  
Old 02-17-2008, 11:13 PM
ThermalRD

Brian, thanks a ton for the great pit work today. Of all the trouble free days i've had with this motor, today it decided to act up. So thanks for un-flooding the engine, and getting me started.

Sooo, heres my race review for the day. First off, the turnout was pretty good. About 70 entries they said. The track conditions were much better today, than previously. Traction everywhere. Unless you were running holeshots, then you had traction problems. I ran the LST2 today, and TQ'd in round 1. I had my truck flame out real early in round two, and found that i cracked the roto start when trying to start it for that round. Luckily bat had an older one way bearing, which he let me use. Installed that, got it cleaned up, re-installed, etc. Then i turn the truck on, and bammmm, throttle servo dead... Ugh... Luckily, this morning i said to myself "hmmm, some day i might need these servos". So i threw a couple backup servos i had from my 8T, into my radio bag. So i popped an 8800T in there. Round 3! My last chance to keep TQ, with the qualipoints system... Well, i felt great. Until my truck was just creeping along on its own. I pulled it right away. So that was my 3rd round, and last chance at a good TQ spot. I found my carb had come loose. The carb coming loose would explain my throttle servos death. Since i found my linkage hitting my tranny case really bad. So after fixing everything, i figured it was good to go. Well... More like praying it was all set. Set to start in 5th in the main, i didnt press really hard at first. Had to drive around some traffic before i had my battle with the Bat. After working my way up into 2nd, i was reeelin him in. Once i got into 2nd, i was punched. Took me a minute to get used to that spot on the drivers stand, but that view was better for the infield. I could see better lines thru the S section. After getting by the bat, and taking 1st, we bumped a few times, and swapped places a few times. Finally got by him, and put a little gap there, and soon after he blew a gear. Which sucked. We were having a good race. Which left Tony o boy right on my butt. I had almost put a lap on him, then laid back a bit. A bit too much actually. He can put the laps down with that Revo. So i had to pick up my pace. Sometime during that race i nailed Don as he came off the tubes he was hung up on. I had my hissy fit, then got over it. lol. And apologized to the Don after the race. I really dont like yelling at people up there. But anyway, the race was coming to an end, with Tony o' boy about a half a lap back. Then he blew up something, and that left me and Don. At that point i didnt push don. I didnt wanna be a jerk, i already had the race won at that point. So my race day had some interesting race failures, but these are the things im trying to get used to happening, fixing, and finishing races. Today turned out great for me. I wanted this win real bad. The bat was fast as helll, and so was tony o' boy. And mr humble Vic... Ya, dont let that guy tell ya he's slow. Even when he says hes not fast, hes fast... Those fellas kept me on my toes today.

Jake! You looked real good in stadium truck. I just gotta work on pushing you to be a bit more aggressive. I know you have that patented smoooth Jake driving going on, but you could have done better. I mean you did great, but you are too nice on that track. You know what i mean though. Great job though. I really wish i was out there driving stadium with ya though. If gas racing sticks around on Sundays, i'll definitely be out there with ya. Thats a true drivers class.

Anyway, really fun race today. Im sure i forgot a bunch, but im whooooped. Good race everyone! And good job bat for representing the MT drivers out there in the truggy class.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Bria1

No problem Matt. It was weird to see fuel dump out of the exhaust like that LOL.

BTW, how is your back doing?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 AM
ThermalRD

Ya Brian, it was kinda funny to see fuel pooooouring out my pipe like that. Well, not soo funny really. But still odd. lol. I've never seen that happen before. Guess i was running rich all day, up until i broke that one way. My back is alright. I've been dealing with those back and chest pains for about 5 or more years now. It sucks, but the Doc's dont have a clue whats wrong. So i sit thru the pain, and its usually gone in a few hours...
Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 AM
MGTmadman

Congrats Thermal on the win, wish I could have been there but Mr. Type A influenza had other plans for me, whatever strain my son brought home with him last week nailed me hard Friday morning and laid me low Saturday and Sunday, I feel a hell of alot better today but still have some lingering effects dragging me down a bit. By the way Matt, my friend almost wet himself when I unveiled the paint job you did on that Desert Rat body He was a babbling idiot and couldn't express himself properly do to being awestruck LOL.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:38 AM
ThermalRD

LOL. Glad you guys liked the paintwork madman. Sucks about that flu ya got man. My daughter has been really sick this winter, and my parents have both had a nasty flu for over 2 weeks now. I dont know how, but i've avoided bad sicknesses for a few years. Knock on wood! Hope ya feel better soon. And thanks for the congrats. I wanted that win really bad. The last big race i held on to 3rd with a bad motor, and flameout issues. This one i really wanted. Seems the whole class has gotten alot faster, and i've gotta keep on my toes to get ahead of these guys. Which often isnt enough. The bat and PW, were whippin me hard for quite a few weeks when this place opened up. Alot of good racing though.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:20 PM
ThermalRD

Doh!!!!! I've got a cracked header on the LST2. The hard ano'd header that is... That suxxorz!
Old 02-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Bria1

Where did it crack at? You can't get the hard anodized headers without the pipe can you?

Old 02-18-2008, 01:57 PM
binaryterror

Fun day everyone. We all had some wild issues, nothing like a normal breakage. Matt with the odd flame out and servo death, mixed with a one way failure. Batman cracked his LST2 tank in a spot that shouldn't be under and strain. I cracked a Revo fuel tank somewhere...musta been a small hole...oh and my Drake leaks fuel like wild from somewhere...gotta find out where.

First off congrats to Matt for sure on the big win. Thanks to Big Vic for bringing the challenge trying to compete to both my classes, ST and MT. Thanks to Brian and Matt for the ST pitting duties. Thanks to Batman and Mini-Joe for fixing my ST when the rod ends popped off in qualifiers!

I actually felt way better in ST than MT all day. The Holeshots suck on this track being as wet as it is (all fixed 38 Series Switches are in at Larrys going to buy right now!) and thanks to Matt for letting me use the GRP Cubics, which were way better but not the optimal tires. We need Pink Tapers in 8T Truggy size!!!!!!!!

Matt is 100% right in every main I don't ever push it. Used to work when people broke alot, but I gotta get faster and push harder to win the trophies, even if it means to drive a bit less smooth and conservative. Teach me Matt!

I was taking it easy in ST just wanting any trophy, but I felt in qualifying many times I was giving Justin and Big Vic a decent run at competing with their speeds. Can't wait to get more time on this truck and learn it even more.

MT I felt good, got a good start, then I let it fall apart on a few mistakes. The tires were slick but better than the holeshots for sure. Also trying a new set up a bit, overall I do like it, would love more time on the track to really dial it in. Right before the pit stop I tried the big jump, got it perfect. Came in for fuel and woops richened way up. Still got the idea it was better to hit the big jump and end up casing it hard many times. Then still tried...snap. No more battery box bottom. Ripped the wires off the battery and tore the switch wires and connectors to heck. LOL. Luckily it shut down on no throttle all brake.

I hope the people who own the ST's stick with them, its a fun class for sure. Teaches you alot more than you might care to learn. I know I found lines with it, but the electric racing has taught me a ton as well.

TQBatman is still TQ! And he was laying it down in that Revo. I'm shocked to see Matt's best lap beaten by Tony and Batman. Maybe that LST is a faster truck mentality isn't all its cracked up to be, right Batman?. Matt looked blistering fast out there as of course did Tony and Batman.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:23 PM
ThermalRD

Brian, the header cracked on the inside of the bend. Unfortunately they dont sell it seperately. Im gonna look at some of the other aftermarket companies, like RD logics, and see if they do sell a hard ano'd header seperately. Because my pipe is fine. Sucks it broke, but atleast it held up for the main.

Jake, your mention of the fast laps is not likely accurate. Im willing to bet Batmans 17.197 lap, was not an honest lap. Meaning an error, or a tube hop. Not intentional of course, but that lap would be faster than Allen Hornes fastest lap with an 8th scale buggy. Tonys 19.3 is totally legit. Any time i got relaxed, he was right back on me. Looking at those fast laps, im shocked i got out of the 20's. I didnt think i could turn 19's out there. But there was alot of traction, and that field opened up alot for us to lay down the laps.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:01 PM
ThermalRD

Jake, you needz this body for your crawly. The only cool thing Proline has this month. Helios body!
Old 02-18-2008, 03:38 PM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD
Jake, your mention of the fast laps is not likely accurate. Im willing to bet Batmans 17.197 lap, was not an honest lap. Meaning an error, or a tube hop. Not intentional of course, but that lap would be faster than Allen Hornes fastest lap with an 8th scale buggy. Tonys 19.3 is totally legit. Any time i got relaxed, he was right back on me. Looking at those fast laps, im shocked i got out of the 20's. I didnt think i could turn 19's out there. But there was alot of traction, and that field opened up alot for us to lay down the laps.
Don't doubt the Bat. I'm not driving it as hard as I could, trust me on that. I see 18's every lap very possible. I don't recall a tube hop in that location, but 17.1 is a bit fast

And I broke my hard anno header on Thursday, snapped almost in 2 in that bend. Of course I was shocked as I never do anything that would break a header[X(]

And chops, why didn't you want to use the purple Bat tires I offered up? You just gave me some weird look. Purple would be a good color for you, maybe a Grimace body is next?
Old 02-18-2008, 03:42 PM
GT Batman

Seems the whole class has gotten alot faster, and i've gotta keep on my toes to get ahead of these guys. Which often isnt enough. The bat and PW, were whippin me hard for quite a few weeks when this place opened up. Alot of good racing though.
Now whip us with that Revo
Old 02-18-2008, 04:57 PM
ThermalRD

LOL. Bat, i know you can turn some fast laps. Unfortunately that scoring they posted doesnt show each lap, to possibly sort out where those laps came from. Regardless, that lap time of yours is faster than Al Hornes buggy. I dont see it happening. Sorry... You snapped a header too eh? Well mine has lasted quite a while. Just sucks i may end up buying a whole pipe, to get that header...

Grimace? Isnt he that purple thing from Mcdonalds? What is he anyway?

Bat, i did beat you guys with that Revo. The first race at FTR. LOL. And according to YOU, Postwatcher, and now Jake, the Revo is faster anyway... So says your lap times. LOL. So i'll stick with my slow lap time LST2, and you guys will have the speedy fast lap time Revos.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: TQ Batman

And chops, why didn't you want to use the purple Bat tires I offered up? You just gave me some weird look.
D'oh...

Because when you asked I thought you were changing them between the Revo and LST2 to test them out only joking with me...DAMN, should have listened more could have had some traction.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:12 PM
GT Batman

LOL. Bat, i know you can turn some fast laps. Unfortunately that scoring they posted doesnt show each lap, to possibly sort out where those laps came from. Regardless, that lap time of yours is faster than Al Hornes buggy. I dont see it happening. Sorry... You snapped a header too eh? Well mine has lasted quite a while. Just sucks i may end up buying a whole pipe, to get that header...

Grimace? Isnt he that purple thing from Mcdonalds? What is he anyway?

Bat, i did beat you guys with that Revo. The first race at FTR. LOL. And according to YOU, Postwatcher, and now Jake, the Revo is faster anyway... So says your lap times. LOL. So i'll stick with my slow lap time LST2, and you guys will have the speedy fast lap time Revos.

I meant Revo vs Revo. You beat my blown out LST that first race. I never said the Revo was faster, I said I was faster with the Revo. There is a difference. I think the BB LST2 is more capable and can be much faster. I'm very close to getting a good setup on my LST, I babied that thing around the track and was turning some 19's. I need more time to get used to the style, I think the setup is good, just need more time...too used to that small block revo.

And chops, never doubt the Bat.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Tony Oh Boy

i had so much fun but my revo let me down holeshots suck. switch tires where great i dont know what to do about my spur gear problems but when i do find find out there is going to be trouble. Lets see one day we need to rent out the track for all mt guys and really go at it i think i am going to set it up with al what do you guys think 2 on 2 3 on 3 i dont know but lets come up with something matt you are a stand up guy i had fun with you bat man jake vic etc kid lets go to work on their dra lol any way my revo has never felt that good or my truggy i finally did my own setup and it paid off. matt i will get you next time lol
Old 02-18-2008, 07:31 PM
vic0280

well had a great race day with you guys, well for the part up until the mains that is!

1/10 truck was good, but was getting better as day went on and in the main well spliced a wire on the reciever pack. thanks to sean kang to getting me back in the mix, although i knew a trophy was out of the question by then, the extra wheel time(desperately need) was good.

mullett truck- dont know what to say about that one. havent ran since chicago in sept. never had a full race day on it, dont know how to wrench on, tune, change, or whatever but felt pretty decent, got more comfortable as day went on. the main-after i got tangled with whoever jumped the tube(know it wasnt matt or jake or tony) truck wouldnt move. i still havent looked at the truck to see what broke(still mad) but hey thats racing, i guess.

matt u should get a 1/10. my favorite nitro class! definately a drivers class, as i seen how much jake has improved.

this year, with what i can race, i will probably just do 1/10nitro and mullett or 1/8. i like the mullett, but there is a lot to wrench on them things, at least 1/8 ther is less. we will see.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:44 PM
ThermalRD

Tony, you were honestly dialed out there. Any time i relaxed, you were right on me. That race we had was clean, fast, and very fun. I dont think i've ever ran that close next to someone, at that pace, without tangling up with em. Good driving man! You and Dante really want that MT challenge eh? Sounds like fun. What kinda race are you thinking about?

Vic, it was good to see ya back out there. You always bring good competition. I honestly had plans for stadium truck class, and still do. However, heres the problem with that. PW, is already talking about doing buggies. Batman is already selling his stadium... And Al Horne is talking about doing away with nitro racing all together. If he does that, i can tell you i will absolutely NOT be getting into any other racing class. So thats where im at. 2wd gas truck is still my first choice for a second class though. I'll wait and see what Al does with nitro day. I know when i watched Jake out there driving, i really wanted to be a part of that racing. That class is really fun, and i want in on it.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Bria1

Here are some vids I took from yesterday.

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2967729963477248156&hl=en]1/10th qualify[/link]

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5312159944349244999]buggy 1 qualify[/link]

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3725766172382549013&hl=en]buggy 2 qualify[/link]

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3586608033744948403&hl=en]MT qualify[/link]

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3459776284695072222&hl=en]Truggy qualify with Batman's LST2[/link]

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8881496978687898670&hl=en]Truggy qualify[/link]

[8D]
Old 02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
ThermalRD

Nice vids Brian!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Bria1

Thanks, I tried to get a little variety of all classes. I wanted to get more, but that filled up my 512mb memory card pretty quick. I could get more vid without the sound, but it just isn't the same. I think I like the vids better from the driver's stand like I've done before.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 AM
ADE

Got a question....

When using the panther switches- clay, do you use the stock foam? I'm totally rebuilding my truck and trying to get a good setup.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 11:00 AM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: ADE

Got a question....

When using the panther switches- clay, do you use the stock foam? I'm totally rebuilding my truck and trying to get a good setup.

Thanks
I've always used stock and like them.

You might try the new 38 series, I'll let you test them if you want.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:56 AM
binaryterror

Mr TQ Batman sir,

Can you please give me your review on a comparison between the 38 Series Switches and the stock Switches in Clay compound?

You ran the 38 Series Switches on the REVO in the main correct?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.