Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Bria1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Looks like there was a decent turnout for MT at the Clio track. There are quite of few race days too.

I got a 08 Cobalt SS Turbo from work for the week. It moves pretty good with 260 HP...yeeeeeehaaa. That could get me in trouble rather quick [8D].
Old 05-19-2008, 08:11 PM
ThermalRD

Nope, shouldnt have any problem with finding a spot on the stand for practice. That thing is HUUUUGE! I really wasnt gonna post pics until it was all done, but there are already alot of people going out there to run. I figured i'd raise some eyebrows with that stand shot.

Anyway, i got a chance to look over my buggy. For whatever reason, it just was not as good this weekend, as the previous. My lack of off power steering, is due to the missing rear brake... Ya, i lost the collar, the washer, and the piece of fuel tubing that applies pressure to that rear brake when applied... So that explains alot right there. Other than that, my servo saver nut seems it may have backed down slightly. I dont remember it being this easy to flex. My pipe was off the hanger, but i dont think that had an effect on anything... Atleast not that i know of. The main problem though, was the lack of throttle after my pit stop. It simply wouldnt move. I had to pull to the tubes about 4 times to wait, and go...It just wasnt moving. Not sure what caused that yet. I also noticed some wear on the clutch bell, from rubbing the chassis... I know they say to use the plastic RTR chassis braces on this thing (which i am), but does it really need that much flex? lol. Well, anyway, just learning what to look for on this buggy, and get a good maintenance routine down for it. I'll get the bugs worked out.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: Bria1

Looks like there was a decent turnout for MT at the Clio track. There are quite of few race days too.

I got a 08 Cobalt SS Turbo from work for the week. It moves pretty good with 260 HP...yeeeeeehaaa. That could get me in trouble rather quick [8D].
Jake pointed that out too. Looks like they have a good MT following at that place. How do you like that Cobalt? I was actually thinkin about one of those for a while. Did they do a turbo for 08? I thought they had an SC on em.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Bria1

Ya, the 08 got the turbo 2.0L with direct fuel injection. The 05-07 had the supercharger, but it was only 205 HP stock. It's nice, gets moving really good and has a kickin stereo with a 10" subwoofer. I was thinking about heading down to DB sometime this week, if ya want to check it out I can meet ya there afterwork. I hear it has some kinda launch control system where you just hold it at 5,000 rpm and dump the clutch for a perfect launch and you also don't have to let off the throttle to shift, just hold it WOT. I haven't tested any of that....yet. Friday is gonna be rough, that's when I have to give it back.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:40 PM
ThermalRD

LOL. Yup, i'd love to check it out. Lemme know when you are going there.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Bria1

How's tomorrow, say around 7-7:30 pm or so?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:18 PM
ThermalRD

Sounds good!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:19 PM
binaryterror

You know I noticed the weird wear on my CB but never looked too hard yet, still cleaning slowly. Hmm maybe i'll go back to the FT braces, especially since outdoor is coming. No wonder people have tank problems if you are flexing that much imagine what those tanks are going through.

Brian sounds nice that you got a free car for the week to do some testing. Now you need to meet Matt, and the Saturn-ghini for a real show down! Ha.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Bria1

Hmmm, well I don't need to be getting into any trouble with it.

Edit:
This is directly from Chevy's site -
This Turbocharged, direct-injected, dual overhead cam, ECOTEC 260-hp 2.0L I-4 engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) – standard on SS Turbocharged (available spring 2008) – is the most powerful in its class.(1) It has an estimated MPG 22 city and 30 hwy.(2) The Cobalt SS can go 0 to 60 in 5.7 seconds and is over 160 mph fast, covering the quarter mile in 14.1 seconds.

Wow, I can't imagine this thing going 160 mph [&:].

Old 05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Ken448

I saw Ed at Home Depot today.. He was buying screws for the track.

Where is the track? Kind of looks like its on Hines drive.....
Old 05-20-2008, 07:29 AM
ThermalRD

It is on Hines drive. Plymouth road to haggerty, go South, turn right on Hines drive. The park will be on the right hand side, about half a mile down. You cant miss it now, with the GINORMOUS drivers stand.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:43 AM
MGTmadman

Yes its on Hines Drive, that last pic where that little kid is standing is where I broke my left rear upper a-arm last year when the boys and I went to check the place out, cleared that triple twice, then the third pass I landed a little wonky on the downslope and the a-arm gave up, Also on that same triple one of the guys I usually run with blew one of his front shocks, popped the top right off it and blew shock oil all over the chassis, man that was a mess. The first pic with that set of triples is where my other buddy buried his engines cooling head in the dirt, he was going a bit to fast and accidently hit the brakes in the air, the truck took a fast nose dive, slammed the front bumper and then slammed lid down on the last hump crushing the lexan cab and burying the cooling head, We all cringed at the impact, luckily for him no damage to the engine, but the rollbar was wrecked and the lexan was crumpled. All in all a fun day for us :-)
Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 AM
binaryterror

Looks like you all have a fun place to run down that way. I'm sure you'll see a lot of people running there since theres never been a track down that way.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:11 AM
ADE

I would love to make a come back! I may try out buggy for a while to see how I like it. Right now the monster are a little expensive. And man does that AE Truggy look nice!

Thanks for the track pics too!

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Sounds like you and Albert had a good race. Its good to see two new racers out there. Hope both of you stick with it. Now we need to get ADE, and Tgrand back. I think PW is already on his way back to MT. Where was Dynomite? Hes real fast in MT too. We need these guys back in MT. Who knows, maybe Jbob will start running MT now too. I think an LST racer body would look good with the Jbob race scheme on it.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Tony Oh Boy

pork chop please do not forget me about the m8
Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: Tony Oh Boy

pork chop please do not forget me about the m8
No problems, I set it aside. You going to Larry's any days the week?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:15 PM
rccheech

Hey ThermalRD, where is this track located???
Old 05-22-2008, 09:17 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: rccheech

Hey ThermalRD, where is this track located???
The Dirt Burner track? Its located on Hines Drive, west of Haggerty. If you take Plymouth rd to Haggerty, head south down Haggerty. Turn right onto Hines drive. Then look for the GINORMOUS drivers stand on the right, about half a mile down.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:27 PM
rccheech

Sweet, thanks. When did this happen?? I thought thier track was gone.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:38 PM
binaryterror

Their indoor track is gone, our indoor location is Factory Tracks Raceway in Commerce.

DirtBurners is working with the city peoiple and holding the track ThermalRD shows. It will be outdoor, should be fun.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 PM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

Their indoor track is gone, our indoor location is Factory Tracks Raceway in Commerce.

DirtBurners is working with the city peoiple and holding the track ThermalRD shows. It will be outdoor, should be fun.
FTR is not in Commerce.

ADE, my glitching servo was due to the top of the servo case being blowed out (almost more than the nasty) and the top bushing in the case was destroyed. This allowed binding. So a $5 servo case was all that I needed and now the servo is perfect again. Bill said this is common in 8800's if that is what you have.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:46 PM
ADE

ORIGINAL: TQ Batman

Thanks. its a 9000T. I'll check it to see if it has the same problem.

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

FTR is not in Commerce.

ADE, my glitching servo was due to the top of the servo case being blowed out (almost more than the nasty) and the top bushing in the case was destroyed. This allowed binding. So a $5 servo case was all that I needed and now the servo is perfect again. Bill said this is common in 8800's if that is what you have.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:55 PM
ADE

For you guys running the RC8, what forums/ sites are hot? I'm interested in learning more about this buggy and possibly the truggy. I've been studying the design of the truggy and like it a lot. May want to try these in the near future.

You can send me a pm as to not cause any problems on this board.

Thanks

Tony
Old 05-22-2008, 11:30 PM
rdub202

ORIGINAL: TQ Batman

FTR is not in Commerce.

good to know bat, thanks. i run an 8800 in my 4wheeler
Old 05-23-2008, 07:17 AM
binaryterror

All the 8800's should be checked, I notice the only reason I find JR not just a "perfect" servo is the simple fact that their high speeds and torques can ruin the main shaft bearing support in the plastic case. I keep a spare for my servos to be safe, its quicker and cheaper than sending it back to JR. I believe the 9000 and 9100's use the exact same case though...

Sorry Batman...I call it commerce its so close...jeebus. It is really in Highland Michigan. For more Factory Tracks info: http://www.factorytracksraceway.com/

Of course there is the summer series, Factory Tracks Midwest Series (FTMS): www.factorytracks.com

Then as I mentioned DB's is without an indoor track, but still have the hobby shop open just down the way from the old building. The Pics ThermalRD posted are of the track they will be running in Hines Park.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.