Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

overheating duratrax warhead evo, help?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

overheating duratrax warhead evo, help?

Old 11-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default overheating duratrax warhead evo, help?

Just recently bought the warhead evo, did everything the manual said to break it in, and its running really hot, around 320 degrees and we tested it on two temp gauges. only been run through 3 tanks, im using trinity break in fuel, the high needle is set at 4 3/4 and up to 5 and its still running hot, i replaced all the fuel lines, flushed the carb and replaced the fuel tank, and still not luck, hobbyservices told me to send it to them to see what the problem was, any else have this problem or have any suggestions.

thanks
Jeff
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM
davido666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: overheating duratrax warhead evo, help?

What is the low speed idle screw set at. Mine was crank to far in. I would make sure it is flush with the side of the carb or sticking out a little. I have mine about a turn out from flush. I sealed my carb with high temp rtv around the carb screw. That area is know to leak air on many engines not just the super pooper.

somebody posted this on another forum give it a read

http://www.*********.org/engine-tuning.htm
Old 12-13-2007, 10:31 PM
soulreaver0102

its junk all this things over heat mine was hitting 320+ on first few tanks and every tank after that lol junk junk junk if you want more junk ill sell you my junk lol j/k nice truck just motor sucks
Old 12-14-2007, 07:38 AM
DoctorS
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely sounds like an air leak to me, which in turn is leaning out the A/F mixture. I would disassemble the carb and check the O-ring seals. The front bearings are also known to leak on these engines. You would have to disassemble the engine, and once it's apart, replace the front bearing even if it looks good.

Doc
Old 05-25-2008, 05:04 PM
vaca69

My warhead has the same overheating problem. It reach almost 400° F, the engine start to smoke. I set the high speed needle to 4 1/2 turn. I own a Raze too, the same engine but it does not to overheat. The raze weight 4 lb less than the warhead, here can be the answer. I'm thinking to bought the O.S. 30 VG. more power = less overheating, is that right?