RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

cool experiment

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cool experiment

ok i have a thunder tiger engine thats kind of beat and i want to completley destroy it. I already have my new engine and i decided i want to have some fun before i break it in. I want to lean the engine out so i can see how fast the truck will go. What i need to know is what should i set the other needles to so they will match the hsn perfectly. I also need to know about the power/mixture ratio. Is it just leaner is more hp or it there a perfect point of lean to power ratio then it starts falling off. Please help.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:26 PM
DURANODIC

Default cool experiment

I think you need to richen the low speed needle. I could be wrong, but I think you need a balance between the two. Won't that give you better low end also? Like you said, it's an experiment, and I agree...a cool one at that. Let me know how long it lasts before you fry it. I'm gonna try that when I get ready to upgrade.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Default cool experiment

i guess ill just play with the needle untill it runs the fastest. and i meant its a hyper 4-port, not a tt .21. My firend told me i should still be able to rebuild it now, but not if i just melt it. Idk if i want to anymore, because i have heard that its pretty easy to get a .21 in an hpi rs4.