Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Honda GY6 engined MT... anybody?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Honda GY6 engined MT... anybody?

Old 12-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Honda GY6 engined MT... anybody?

Monster trucks keep getting bigger and bigger... anybody ever attempted to build something with a 150cc Honda GY6 engine? These licence built "chinese copies" are dirt cheap these days. You can get an entire 150cc four stroke engine with CVT for about what a decent nitro engine costs.

People are building buggies (man carrying) with these things all over the world, so it wouldn't be too hard to turn one of these buggies into a truck with a new chassis.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:20 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Honda GY6 engined MT... anybody?

I've seen a couple of those, it depends what your into really, and unlike nitro those things take up a bunch of space and even though it may seem to you that it doesnt cost that much, it does.... Of course if I lived in the country like my family does in Europe I would build one in a heartbeat[8D]