Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Convert my Maxx to .21 or just get a Savage ???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Convert my Maxx to .21 or just get a Savage ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 01:47 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convert my Maxx to .21 or just get a Savage ???

Originally posted by adeoliver
Um heh, ya ummm well, how long have you been running the tmaxx little man??? Because um if you were in the seen say maybe a year ago or so when the terra crusher came out, the Tmaxx was still equipped with the TRX Pro .15 HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that would meen THEY BOTH HAD WEAK SMALL BLOCK ENGINES!!!!!!!!! And the 2.5(which is the same exact size engine as the Pro.15) Was not even in the test stages yet, it also came out a few months ago thus makeing people compare it to the savage!!!!!!!! Like you are now!! BTW how much fuel have you put in your (2.5)?? LOL I think if anyone will be starting flames or (wars) will be those who have little knowledge of what things were and are!! Brush up on your reading a little bit before you open your mouth little man!!
this whole statement is rediculious (SP)!!! Why are you talking about the TRX Pro .15?! It is old news and even when the savage was put against the tmaxx in the recent RC Nitro mag, 3/4 prefered the Tmaxx!! The 2.5 is STOCk, so thats why they are going by that. Why must you try to downgrade the Tmaxx by saying the speeds it barely reached with the old Pro .15? Both trucks are great as most have said, but some prefer other categories as others! I prefer speed, so thats why i would choose the tmaxx. Your jus making comments that you have no backing while Many RC Magazines have clocked the STOCK tmaxx at 44+ mph!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:59 AM
hoodiegadoo

Now there's some irony in that last statement....he likes speed....in his MONSTER TRUCK....hmm....No further questions your honor.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:05 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Originally posted by CaseyDDR
this whole statement is rediculious (SP)!!! Why are you talking about the TRX Pro .15?! It is old news
LOL once again you need to brush up on your reading skills!! I was simply talking about how long a thread caried on, over the (OLD)Tmaxx and Terra Crusher about a year ago. I was compairing that debate with this one. Is that easy enough for you to understand now??? You realy need to read eveything before you open your mouth!! Cause aparently you just glance and and start rambling on about stuppid **** that has nothing to do with the other!! Now if you didnt understand that how about this.

A debate over the (OLD) Tmaxx vs The Terra Crusher went on for 3 months a year ago, How long will this one last?? Get the picture?? Ok now Im ready for your next "BONE HEAD" reply!! LOL
Old 04-18-2003, 02:16 AM
grampi

You know, I really can't tell you what it is about my Maxx that I like. Though it's fast, my highly modified RC 10 will waste it. It handles like, well, a monster truck. I guess it's just the big tires, the ground clearance, and the 4WD. It's go anywhere stance is pretty cool too.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:28 AM
adeoliver

Originally posted by grampi
You know, I really can't tell you what it is about my Maxx that I like. Though it's fast, my highly modified RC 10 will waste it. It handles like, well, a monster truck. I guess it's just the big tires, the ground clearance, and the 4WD. It's go anywhere stance is pretty cool too.

LOL I guess thats 2 things we have agreed on now!!
Old 04-18-2003, 04:45 AM
papamarcroach

Default t-maxx or savage

well I have a t-maxx my self but im not here to tell you that the t-maxx is better than the savage or vice versa. Personally I think its funny when just cause somone has one or the other they go all out on why that one is better. All anyone should be giveing is advice u don't need a buch of t-maxx owners and savage owners geting in a pissin match do ya? I mean obviously they both have advantages and dissadvantages if u wanted pure speed I would go with the t-maxx and if u want really nice suspension I would go with the savage it really comes down to what you wanna do i mean u can upgrade the t-maxx's suspenion to be just as good as the savages and u can upgrade the savage moter and gears and stuff to get it up to speed with the maxx. I agree that i would reather have acceleration than top speed but stock the t-maxx beats the savage in both. Infact in the shootout of the t-maxx vs. savage the topic winners go like this:
starting: t-maxx
jumping: savage
top speed: t-maxx
drag race: t-maxx
track attitude: tie due to where one shined the outher sucked and vis versa
climbing: tie they both dug down on this hill with in inches of each other

now im sure these are contraversial but 4 out of 5 editors picked the t-maxx as the winner but it savage is not far behind
Old 04-18-2003, 04:54 AM
caseyddr

you forgot how that 'big block' couldnt even drag the scronny .15 even a CM during the tug of war
Old 04-18-2003, 06:03 AM
lilmaxx

people argue over the stupidest things. we sometimes forget that we're all in this hobby for one reason, because we love it.
we are all kids at heart. Mines better that yours, yours is better than mine, who cares. let's go race and have fun.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:37 PM
9zap

Default Re: t-maxx or savage

Originally posted by papamarcroach
well I have a t-maxx my self but im not here to tell you that the t-maxx is better than the savage or vice versa. Personally I think its funny when just cause somone has one or the other they go all out on why that one is better. All anyone should be giveing is advice u don't need a buch of t-maxx owners and savage owners geting in a pissin match do ya? I mean obviously they both have advantages and dissadvantages if u wanted pure speed I would go with the t-maxx and if u want really nice suspension I would go with the savage it really comes down to what you wanna do i mean u can upgrade the t-maxx's suspenion to be just as good as the savages and u can upgrade the savage moter and gears and stuff to get it up to speed with the maxx. I agree that i would reather have acceleration than top speed but stock the t-maxx beats the savage in both. Infact in the shootout of the t-maxx vs. savage the topic winners go like this:
starting: t-maxx
jumping: savage
top speed: t-maxx
drag race: t-maxx
track attitude: tie due to where one shined the outher sucked and vis versa
climbing: tie they both dug down on this hill with in inches of each other

now im sure these are contraversial but 4 out of 5 editors picked the t-maxx as the winner but it savage is not far behind
I own both trucks and i couldent agree more ..it would be nice if people who kept knocking both these truck,s actually owned one or both instead of posting with what they read heard or whatever :P
Old 04-18-2003, 05:07 PM
perculator

Default LOL

I win!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by CaseyDDR
you forgot how that 'big block' couldnt even drag the scronny .15 even a CM during the tug of war
Once again, your experience seems to all spring from magazine articles.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:35 AM
badboy2

ask casey about electric trucks thats his forte but nitro idunno
Old 04-19-2003, 05:37 AM
badboy2

avalanche where in nj are u from..where do u bash your rig ..maybe youre the one i saw in the park here in edison
Old 04-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by badboy2
avalanche where in nj are u from..where do u bash your rig ..maybe youre the one i saw in the park here in edison
I'm in Bridgewater. I have a decent bashing spot right behind my house. Two 1 1/2 acre building lots on a dead end street. Lots of huge piles of dirt and rough terrain.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:34 AM
badboy2

can i go there ? is it near the mall?where in bridge water? so you to go jerrys hobby ctr too?maybe u can tell me where is it so i can go there maybe like weekends ?is there a playground too?in case i need to take my daughter ..right now i got a terra crusher ..but i will be getting the savage next month or something else..is it ok to run our rigs together?man my bashing spot is mountain of mulch from dpw and another one by the marina here in edison that has a small mountain like terrain
Old 04-21-2003, 07:54 PM
ctshepherd
My Feedback: (34)

I want to put an OFNA .25 in my Maxx and I need to know what parts I need to do this. Plan on using a powerline light flywheel and MIP clutch kit. I need to find the clutch nut that will fit and allow me to use a Traxxas clutch bell. Can anyone help me? Otherwise, I could use an ofna clutch assembly, but would need a clutch bell that had the same gear mesh as the spur. Help!
Old 04-21-2003, 09:16 PM
adeoliver

Heres your clutch nut !! This is for the sg shaft!! Your stock maxx flywheel, clutch, and clutch bell will bolt strait up to any Big block .15 to .27 with this clutch nut!! Have fun. But a note before you run the truck with a big block buy some 16mmX10mmx.1mm shims, and shim the diffs.clutch nut
Old 04-22-2003, 03:03 PM
papamarcroach

I think just cause we told u the bare facts u can't take it. If you ever want to have a tug awar we can figure it out in your little "real world" situation
Old 04-23-2003, 12:29 PM
ctshepherd
My Feedback: (34)

Thanks adeoliver!
Old 04-23-2003, 07:13 PM
DFF

Yeah, it was a fun thread ! Let's move on now to better topics

DFF
Old 01-29-2006, 07:34 PM
jimmmy

Default RE: Convert my Maxx to .21 or just get a Savage ???

A big block mach .26 will smoke any wimpy little small block .18. A .18
is great, but, there is nothing like big block power!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Bill Plude

I read all of the first page, skipped the second because it was all "my Savage is better thanyour TMAXX" and I haven't taken the time to figure this one out yet. I believe the question was .21 upgrade for your TMAXX or get a Savage. I put a .21 OFNA/PICCO in mine, changed the tranny to forward only (got rid of all that extra junk in there) and haven't had any problems with it. Nothing but pull on the throttle and go with the forward only there's no waiting for that extra(heavy) clutch thats inside the tranny to work. Oh, I did have to change the gearing(to help stop the wheelies a little) and put on wheelie bars. The things a rocket. Another thing it dropped right in no mods at all. OFNA/PICCO P2MAXX21
The only thing around here that comes close to touching it is my REVO with the OS .18 in it. The .21 screams on hard surface by the way, I run it a lot in a big walmart parking lot. Wants to lift the wheels when it hits second! OH aftermarket pipe? Yep Fantom Engineering Tuned steel pipe.

EDIT: The gearing I changed was the spur gear and clutch bell.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43679.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	398330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13130.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	398331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41876.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	398332  
Old 01-30-2006, 06:10 AM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

lol talk about a thread resurrection. hey bill you notice 2nd gear kicking in. mine i can't tell that it does. like it shifts right after i hit the throttle
Old 01-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Bill Plude

LOL, yep second gear is right there! Gotta love it though!!
Old 01-30-2006, 06:30 AM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

what did you use in your tranny? [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3836599/tm.htm]see this thread for my issues[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.