Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

OFNA Pirate 10??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 09:42 PM
FairlyNew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA Pirate 10??

Just got the new issue of RC car action and they have a 1/10 scale truck shootout. They clocked the OFNA Pirate 10 at 48.9 mph out of the box!?!?!? I didnt realize this truck was so fast. They also said it would climb hills like a champ.

Does anyone have experience with this truck? I am thinking of purchasing a 2nd nitro vehicle and this one looks interesting, especially since I can get one for $339 compared with the $415 i gave for my T-maxx 4 weeks ago.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:55 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default OFNA Pirate 10??

your I think the 3rd person wondering about this vehicle, I say give it a shot, If its as good as the review says, you can't go wrong. OFNA makes great MT's anyhow.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:05 PM
petrolpixie

Default OFNA Pirate 10??

go to www.trilordy.com and look in the video section. there are alot of movies in there with the ofna pirate 10 in it. regards, adrian
Old 04-05-2003, 11:21 PM
FairlyNew

Default OFNA Pirate 10??

thanks guys
Old 04-06-2003, 01:08 AM
FairlyNew

Default OFNA Pirate 10??

NM on this thread I just bought a Terra Crusher at a really good deal.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:20 AM
caseyddr

Default OFNA Pirate 10??

hwo much is a "good deal" if I may ask?
Old 04-15-2003, 02:00 AM
FUZZ

Default re terra crusher

Hey how much was the Terra Crusher? And how did ya like it? I too have been looking at teh Monster Pitate. Let me know if yall get one before I do. I would sure like to hear about it.

Thanks
FUZZ
Old 04-15-2003, 02:51 AM
FairlyNew

Default Re: re terra crusher

Originally posted by FUZZ
Hey how much was the Terra Crusher? And how did ya like it? I too have been looking at teh Monster Pitate. Let me know if yall get one before I do. I would sure like to hear about it.

Thanks
FUZZ
I gave $225 for Terra Crusher on ebay and love it. You can usually find one New or really great shape on ebay for under $300. I got it for my wife but I wind up driving it alot of the time. It jumps better than T maxx I think and is very sturdy. It also climbs like a champ, no hill seems to stop it. I have yet to break anything on it and I drive both my trucks every day. I also like the big truck look of it, much bigger than my maxx. Granted I have only broken some body posts and an A arm on my T maxx.

When I want alot of speed I drive the maxx when I want to off road I use the terra crusher. The terra only goes about 31 or 32 miles per hour though compared to T maxx 40 mph. I dont miss the top speed but I do wish the terra crusher had a bit more low end power. I still am running it very rich though as it is a fairly new motor so it is not a peak performance.

I think when the engine goes out I will put a .21 in it. The conversion WITH the engine(OFNA 8 port w/2.5 horsepower) AND chassis AND all parts is $295 . the sirio .18 will fit in the stock chassis but is about $250 just for the engine. Id rather upgrade to a .21 for $45 more.

Good luck to you
Old 04-15-2003, 03:05 AM
caseyddr

Default OFNA Pirate 10??

225$

GREAT FIND!