Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

The Terracrushers Slipping Clutch

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

The Terracrushers Slipping Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:29 AM
soulstilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Terracrushers Slipping Clutch

Hey guys I'm new here. Recently my dads friend from work gave me his terracrusher because he had the tranny problem with it and was too lazy to figure out the problem. So I've looked on various websites and forums about this issue and didn't find much. I don't have much experience with the FRAT transmission mainly because its the first time I've had a 2-speed. But I really don't see what could be causing this problem. I ran it today and I also noticed it doesn't switch gears. It does sometimes but VERY rarely. I've tried a few things to resolve this problem like cleaning the lube off the clutch shoes and tightening the slipper clutch nut. It showed a little improvement but its still not performing as good as it should be. Basically it takes off but the forward gear is slipping and doesn't shift to second. So if anybody has any suggestions or know a fix to this problem that would geatly be appreciated thanks. Oh yea 1 more problem. When I'm starting the car using the electric starter, the starter slips as well. It will start to turn but then it just completly slips, but this isn't as important at the moment because I can still manage to get it started. Usually I find its not so bad after the car is run.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:16 AM
SOILWORK

Default RE: The Terracrushers Slipping Clutch

Inspect the slipper pads for wear, they might need to be replaced. There are some minor things to check that will have the same symptoms as a slipping clutch. Pull the wheels off and check the wheels and make sure the hex isn't stripped. also check the drive shafts for loose srews or missing screws. If you fix this problem than your truck will shift a lot better. As far as the roto start slipping it sounds like the one way bearing needs be cleand or replaced. If you find that all of the above are ok then the problem could be in one of your diffs or inside the tranny itself.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:15 AM
Bria1

The forward clutch slipping is common on those also. Usually cleaning them will help. Or get the [link=http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=lybnwrfaitqebhnbripwjyxpblgyji sl&part_id=1081]FOC[/link] to eliminate the forward clutch. [link=http://www.tamiyatrucks.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=5]Here is a video[/link] for taking the trans apart with some good tips. As for the not shifting at times, the slipping could be causing it or the 3 screws in 2nd gear may have came loose. For the starter, like soilwork said, clean the 1-way bearing. I drilled a small hole in the cover so I could spray some nitro cleaner on it whenever it slipped and wouldn't have to take it all apart.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM
soulstilla

Alright. Thanks for the info I'll try some of those suggestions