Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0

Old 12-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Griffsred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0

It's down to two. Which of these do you guys prefer? I have seen them both in person, the GST is bigger and heavier. But I have not seen either one of them operate(in person). Which one is faster,which one is tougher? Access to parts or getting help with either one is not a problem, so that won't be affecting decision at all. So what would be some deciding factors for you guys?
Old 12-15-2007, 01:20 AM
CrazyMento

Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0

GST 7.7 is one badass truck. I have it for many months now and loving it. The torque is amazing and wheelies on demand. It defintiely put the compeitors to shame. I enjoy it because Its bigger, So much more powerful and its different front the rest of the crowd. I dont want to own the same truck everyone at the truck does. The Durability has been awesome as well. I put it thorugh extreme conditions of crash test and GST survive every part of it. Amazing. CEN actually finished 2nd at Roar nats driving 80 minutes straight, that tel you something about the durability.

The servos are mental gear, perfect as a RTR truck but it could use a little more power. I already swap to $200 Airtronics.

I am sure they all do about the same speed, but i would watch out for the 8.0 engine in MGT becuase its a heli engine. the 7.7 in GST is a true rear exhaust engine. Besdies, MGT8.0 just came out so i doubt you will see true long term reports yet.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:14 AM
Force4x4

The CEN GST is a beast, it is the baddest truck on the market, I have wanted one since the first time I laid eyes on one. I have not seen the 8.0 in action but it would be hard to beat the toughness of a GST.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:43 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still a CEN skeptic.. I've heard enough about their truggy to believe it's worth buying, but I'm still skeptical about the GST...

I've never heard of anybody having long-term success with a CEN MT.. A lot new owners rave about how great they are - and "tough", which, being so huge and heavy, I find hard to believe.. What do you mean by "tough"? That it doesn't break after rolling over a few times?? Or that it doesn't break after repeatedly launching it off a ramp - with all that bad landings, cartwheels, etc?? I mean, who has had multiple gallons through their GST without problems?? I admit I don't know first hand, but the rep of the older CEN MT's was SSSSSSOOOOOOO bad that the GST would have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY fantastic to make up for it... I'm not saying it isn't. Just that there's still a question mark over the GST.. There was a lot of hype when it first came out, but that seems to have really died down in the last 6-8 months or so.....

The GST is defo a great looking truck the burly size of which does have a certain appeal, and which may well be all that tough and reliable..., but for real bashing my money would defo be on the MGT...
Old 12-15-2007, 09:00 AM
richardcatdaddy

I have the cenracing nemesis 7.7 and it is TOUGH. After abusing it pretty hard it finally broke the suspension arms on the left rear,course it smacked a gooseneck trailer tire wide open too.And I found out why it ate the spur gears,motor misalignment. But other than that its a awesome truck,run it in the rain,thru puddles even launched it off the gooseneck trailer too.It does pretty wel and tons of power.I like it.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Nick2618

Patrick i would say you dont see much about teh gst because most of the conversation sticks in to the cen forum.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:23 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

I'm still a CEN skeptic.. I've heard enough about their truggy to believe it's worth buying, but I'm still skeptical about the GST...

I've never heard of anybody having long-term success with a CEN MT.. A lot new owners rave about how great they are - and "tough", which, being so huge and heavy, I find hard to believe.. What do you mean by "tough"? That it doesn't break after rolling over a few times?? Or that it doesn't break after repeatedly launching it off a ramp - with all that bad landings, cartwheels, etc?? I mean, who has had multiple gallons through their GST without problems?? I admit I don't know first hand, but the rep of the older CEN MT's was SSSSSSOOOOOOO bad that the GST would have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY fantastic to make up for it... I'm not saying it isn't. Just that there's still a question mark over the GST.. There was a lot of hype when it first came out, but that seems to have really died down in the last 6-8 months or so.....

The GST is defo a great looking truck the burly size of which does have a certain appeal, and which may well be all that tough and reliable..., but for real bashing my money would defo be on the MGT...
Poor misguided soul,dont knock it til you try it.Who knows how this MGT will be?The GST/NEMESIS has proven itself[>:].Ido know the MGT takes a hell of a lot more upgrades out of the box than NEMESIS to make it a worthy truck.Forward only kit,shimming the diffs,and on and on[&o].My NEMESIS is in stock form other than cooling head and servos,and havent broken a thing in 7gallons.My MGT lasted 3 days before tranny trouble[:@].I say have both trucks.Even though I feel that the CEN will be the most durable of the two,I think the MGT will have a much better engine.I have to have one.If its big,powerful and durable,I dont care who makes it.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 AM
ThermalRD

Well, my only dislike for the CEN is the motor. They supposedly updated that for the GST though. It just took them many generations, and shafting many customers to get there. My Genesis LE still sits in dust. I do have an MGT 8.0 waiting for me at the LHS, that i cant have til Christmas anyway. If that MGT 8.0 motor runs well, and fits, im getting one for the CEN. Its a shame they treated soo many customers like crap. I really did love the size of their trucks. Always have wanted a Nemesis too. Just shy away from them now. I did feel their truck was very durable though. Im glad to hear SOME have had good experiences with this new CEN truck though. Maybe the company will get better.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Griffsred

The one thing that I have heard about the GST is that the engine is a little hard to tune. Has anyone else had this problem? How does the GST handle?
Old 12-15-2007, 07:46 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: Griffsred

The one thing that I have heard about the GST is that the engine is a little hard to tune. Has anyone else had this problem? How does the GST handle?

Then i'd have to wonder if that GST has an updated motor at all. ALL of the previous Genesis based trucks have had horrible engine tuning issues. Which i believe may not be entirely related to just the motor. But the fuel tank as well. If you buy one, be sure to post about it.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:53 PM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: Griffsred

Not hard,just a little different.Nothing the experienced nitro man cant handle[X(],however,the NEMESIS/GENESIS trucks are not for rookies or beginners.For a person that has been around nitro for a while,these are some of the best that the industry has to offer[:-].
Old 12-16-2007, 01:31 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

GST is siiiiick! (in the good sense) bigger and cooler looking than anything else ive seen in action.
CEN has a bad rep because their original products were junk. the new CEN line is really really good.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Despite not having had either, I do believe I can say with confidence that if anything the MGT is the truck that has proven itself - jury's still out with the CEN.. I spent a long time researching the Savage before getting one, made the decision based on the "proof" that was out there(including here.. "tough as nails" is a worn-out cliche on Savage forums..) to be found, and it proved to be correct... You need about ten minutes on the internet to find proof that the Savage is a tough basher.. Maybe a few mintues longer for the MGT, but it's there too.. I've still never seen one video proving to me that the GST is remarkably tough.. I like its looks and its size too - but I wouldn't invest MY money in one til I saw more video evidence*... The evidence for the MGT is there..

I have also heard in general more positive things about the Nemesis.. It's the long history of issues with the Genesis models that makes me skeptical...(I ran with a local dude with a Genesis last summer.. I honestly felt bad cuz my - stock - LST2 was so obviously superior.. His engine c.rapped out that very day as a matter of fact, and as far as I know the truck is still down...))

But still, as I've said all along, where are all the CEN MT bash videos to prove the toughness - not just going back and forth over a hill or on the beach, but getting big air, etc..??

I'm not bashing CEN, I'm just saying, I'm not a believer yet til I see more vids and comments etc... to prove it..

* Spare-part prices in Germany would prevent it anyway...

Old 12-16-2007, 09:08 AM
IL2mSturmovik

The GST kinda looks like a New Bright truck you would buy at Walmart
Old 12-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Nick2618

The nemesis was the only truck that did not break during the 07 roar nationals in the a-main finial. that sould say a little about its durability...
Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: nick2618

The nemesis was the only truck that did not break during the 07 roar nationals in the a-main finial. that sould say a little about its durability...
Now you cannot compare these vehicles to those.
What were talking about is stock, all those cars im pretty sure have been hoped out to the max with ultimate upgrades.
That nemisis was probably 2 pounds lighter than it is at stock.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:02 AM
IL2mSturmovik

So true, Snaut Rocket.
And we need not forget that LST2s had teh fastest 4 TQs
Old 12-16-2007, 11:05 AM
blackrain

well i own a nemesis and all the others and the nemesis is way tougher than the lst 2 and mgt there is no comparison
Old 12-16-2007, 11:09 AM
blackrain

and the gst is no different from the nemesis theres only a few small changes between the 2 and the gst has the better upgraded motor
Old 12-16-2007, 12:39 PM
IL2mSturmovik

I also like the "FIVE HORSEPOWER CEN .46" coming at 1.58 HP... what a joke!
Old 12-16-2007, 01:46 PM
blackrain

i can tell your young, you shouldnt knock something until you have owned it.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Nick2618

I think this thread should just die now... Nothing is being said thats nice and its just a flame war now...
Old 12-16-2007, 03:02 PM
ttoks

^

+1
Old 12-16-2007, 04:52 PM
SOILWORK

I own a Nemesis, GST and a MGT 4.6 with a LRP spec 3 and I like all three equally. All three are Equal in durabitilty, maintenance and fun. They all have thier week points and good points.

Mgt bad points 1. The transmission and drive train can use some beefing up. the driveaxles snap, and the pins inside the tranny snap, and the
spur gear melts aropund the pressure plates
2. Wheels strip on the rim around the hex
3 Can be a pita when trying to remove the diffs

MGT good points 1. A great package for the money
2. Can take a beating, the stucture of the chassis is strong and holds up very well
3 it's Fast
4. The plastic parts are strong, I have not broken any suspension arms or shock towers.
5. Reverse

Nemesis bad points 1. A little pricey
2. wheel axles need to be upgraded, the stock ones are thin and snap, for the price of the truck they should be included.
3. Stock servos are a little on the weak side.
4. Not a great beginner truck

Nemesis strong points 1.TVP design, strong and durable
2. Can be a little easier to work on than the MGT
3 Strong and powerful .46 engine
4. Plastic is strong, I have only broken one suspension arm.
5. Fast for a truck it's size

GST bad points 1. plastic front drive shaft can not handle the massive torque of the 7.7 engine, requires up grade to nemesis parts
2. reverse shifter is weak and snaps easily
3 Not A great beginner truck
4. Can be a pita to get third gear
5. More expensive than the Nemesis

GST good points 1. TVP design
2. 3 speed transmission
3 reverse
4. Fast
5. biggest baddest basher out there
6. Better and improved .46 engine

Old 12-16-2007, 08:14 PM
bigairlife

Go savage. It's just as durable as the nemesis or gst and has the same tvp design, but is lighter and a little smaller. It is cheaper than the other 2 and is a just as good, if not better basher!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.