Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

wheelies 101.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 07:26 PM
neupane00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelies 101.

Hey guys, im new to this so i am trying all sort of stuffs. I got electric stampede. I have 86-spur and 19pinion.. and even with fresh charged battery i cant do wheelie. Unless i reverse and go forward full speed. From the videos seems like people do wheelies from stand still and even when in middle of run. Am i missing smth? Stampede not enough powerful in stock form to do wheelies from stand still? thanks everyone.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:07 PM
bigairlife

Default RE: wheelies 101.

You need to tighten your slipper all the way down, and then loosen it a 1/4 turn.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:15 PM
neupane00

i see.. is that true for both electric and nitro? i see that setup for nitro on traxxas website. If i do that does that mean i have to be careful while jumping.. with that tight slipper setting?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
bigairlife

Actually, the slipper can be set anywere from 1/2 to 1/4 turns loose for jumping. just tighten it all the way and turn it out 1/4 turns.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:22 PM
neupane00

i see thanks.. with this setting, i should be able to go wheelie from stand still position? is there any tricks to it? or just throttle suddenly and it will go wheelie? also how do u do when u in the middle of run? is stampede capable of doing that?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Bria1

Which version of the Stampede is it? If it is an older one, they don't wheelie very easy with the stock tires and stock motor. It also depends on how good your battery is. A cheaper battery may not be able to provide the punch needed for wheelies.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:33 PM
neupane00

ORIGINAL: Bria1

Which version of the Stampede is it? If it is an older one, they don't wheelie very easy with the stock tires and stock motor. It also depends on how good your battery is. A cheaper battery may not be able to provide the punch needed for wheelies.
it is new xl5 stampede (not the brushless tho). i have nihm 4500 8 cell battery. Is battery an issue? I couldnt find a better battery than this one. I looked around.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Bria1

That shouldn't have any problems pulling wheelies. Did you check the slipper already? What brand is the battery? Another thing to check, are the tires properly glued to the wheels? If they aren't, the wheel will slip on the tires.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:42 PM
neupane00

ORIGINAL: Bria1

That shouldn't have any problems pulling wheelies. Did you check the slipper already? What brand is the battery? Another thing to check, are the tires properly glued to the wheels? If they aren't, the wheel will slip on the tires.
i did slipper full tight - half turn loose. I think i will go just 1/4 loose as bigairlife suggested. Is there any tricks to pull wheelies? WHat do u do? just give nice good throttle at once right? Tires seem to be glued properly. atleast the rims are. How can i tell? Bria1: do you own stampede? And you can pull wheelies from stand still and in the middle of run?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Bria1

Both of my son's have Stampedes, but they are the older versions. Neither one will do a wheelie without backing up and then going forward. The tires just spin. These are the old style tires that the original Stampedes came with. But ya, basically just punch it from a stop to do wheelies. It takes a lot of power to pull wheelies while it is rolling. I'm not sure the xl-5 Stampede can do that, but I've never driven the xl-5 version either. As for checking how well the tires are glued, just lightly pull on the tires to see if it pulls away from the wheels.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:12 AM
rclynx

X-Factor II is the Nitro Wheelie King