Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

tmaxx3.3 vs revo3.3

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:08 AM
neupane00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx3.3 vs revo3.3

hey guys, i dont know if its the right topic here. But i hope u guys can help. What is the difference between tmaxx3.3 and revo3.3. Both seem like same specs.. engine, tires, ground clearance.. and all. Just the shape difference? I want one to bash around so need very strong and durable one.. Hopefully one that can pull wheelies, flip and all those stuff in park. Does revo pull wheelies and all easily? What would you suggest and why? Thanks again for all your input.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:49 AM
muscleflex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tmaxx3.3 vs revo3.3

i think the revo is for racing and the tmaxx is for bashing.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
MeBaD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tmaxx3.3 vs revo3.3

ORIGINAL: neupane00

hey guys, i dont know if its the right topic here. But i hope u guys can help. What is the difference between tmaxx3.3 and revo3.3. Both seem like same specs.. engine, tires, ground clearance.. and all. Just the shape difference? I want one to bash around so need very strong and durable one.. Hopefully one that can pull wheelies, flip and all those stuff in park. Does revo pull wheelies and all easily? What would you suggest and why? Thanks again for all your input.
If your going to bash, I would recommend a tmaxx the design is more for bashing than for flying around the track. You can take a revo and put p3 120mm rockers in it and have some serious ground clearance, and changing the oil, it will take a serious jump. Both pull wheelies once they are broken in (or while your breaking them in.. heh) The Tmax seems to have a lot more parts as well so it might be cheaper to fix when you break something (and you will .. trust me). Either truck will work, but out of the box you can beat on a tmaxx more. I would still change springs and shock oil if you plan to launch it in the air, reguardless of which you go for.

I have a revo 3.3. I had it setup for bashing with long travel suspention and 50 weight oil in the shocks. It was fun as hell. Now it's dialed in for the track. So I guess, if you think you might wanna race one day, I would go with a revo as the tmaxx is terrible on the track!

I can't sway your mind too much as I do not have a tmaxx, I've only raced and based with a couple and they don't keep up with my revo heh.