Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New body....

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 04:49 PM
modd1uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New body....

Thought i would give some before pics, then some finished pics when ive painted it. Its a HPI Porsche Cayenne and its going to be black/yellow. I have made some stencils to help me get the result i want and tested it on a spare piece of shell before i go ahead and paint the whole thing.

Shell and stencils :

Test mask applied and a few coats of black paint to check for leaks in the stencil :

Mask visible from other side, no sign of leaks.

Mask removed ready for the star colour to be added :

Looks rather well i think

Will update progress as it happens, i know its not one of these fancy art brush jobs but i thought it might look pretty good for a can job ( especially with my paint skills consisting of 0 )
Old 12-24-2007, 06:54 PM
modd1uk

Default RE: New body....

Applied stencils/masks and gave it a quick coat of black, slight leaks on the stripes but il cover them with stickers , need a few more coats of black then peel masks off and paint a flourescent yellow to match my new GRP wheels

Old 12-24-2007, 09:12 PM
BJ82006

Default RE: New body....

nice job