iboard2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Stampede VXL Help!

Just got a new Stampede VXL. I love the truck and the power is amazing. Only problem is that the combination of raw power and my bad driving skills have been breaking parts left and right.

I am tired of making runs to the hobby store and I am a bit of a noob. Can you give me your $.02 on parts that are commonly broken that I need to get in my garage so I don't have to end my day early for a trip to the hobby shop.

Please save our ozone and my sanity by helping me eliminate trips to the hobby shop!! Thanks!

Broken so far:
- Wheelie bar mount - 3677
- Rear Bodie Mount - 3614
- Suspension screw - 3640
- Caster Blocks - 3632
Old 12-26-2007, 11:11 PM
streetracer745

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Stampede VXL Help!

you need to tune it down to beginner. run it all at 50% power till you can drive that good. then program it back to full power. you are running 6cell nimh right? any more than that is a bad idea for a beginner. go into your owners manual and see how to set it to 50%. i dont remember off my head and dont have my manual on hand. dont buy anything. they should hold up fine with the right driving. just put all the new parts on to replace the broken ones and set it to training mode. takes maybe a minute. probly less.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:27 PM
iboard2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you for the input. I have 2 batt's, both Lipo's: 3s 5000mah and a 2s 4000mah. They are a ton of power and I have been driving in training mode. The problem is when I see an open space I can't help, but let the 3s loose. So I would say 90% of the time I am driving in training mode and I still have managed to break parts in training mode. I appreciate your input and I due need to dial it down until my skill level comes up a little.

Although, I would appreciate any input on parts that are notorious for breaking on the vxl, if there are any. I want to build my rc garage so I have parts on the fly. Thanks!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:35 PM
streetracer745

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the thing is, stampedes are notoriously tough. they dont break. ive had one for 5 years and never broken anything other then some stripped out yokes and drive shafts. id say dont run the 3s. your a novice, you cant handle that power. i cant handle that power and ive been driving and racing for 8 years. get an extra set of axles. thats all i can tall you. maybe a set of arms. get yourself some decent 6cell nimh. lipo is a bad idea for a beginner. packs mroe punch, and is lighter. those combined with poor driving = broken parts and way too many wrecks.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSFS1&P=7

get yourself one of those. use that and the 2s. charge the 3s to 50% charge(or around there) and store it for a while. are you sure you have it in training mode? because in training mod, yes its fast, but not fast enough to break stuff like that. go ahead and get the wheelie bar. itll help keep you from flipping. dont turn going fast. stampede = high CG. high CG = lots of flipping. turn slowly. never go WOT for long. that is uncontrolable.