Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Guys what's the best glow plug wrench can i buy with around 20 bucks ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Guys what's the best glow plug wrench can i buy with around 20 bucks ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:52 PM
rafa26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys what's the best glow plug wrench can i buy with around 20 bucks ?

I was looking for something that will hold the glow plug leaving 0 chance to fall down.

Magnetic or something like that.

Thanks for your time.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Fiegs

Default RE: Guys what's the best glow plug wrench can i buy with around 20 bucks ?

just tilt the car on its side when you take the glow plug out.
no need to spend $20 on a glow plug wrench
Old 12-27-2007, 01:00 PM
rclynx

Default RE: Guys what's the best glow plug wrench can i buy with around 20 bucks ?

This one has a spring clip that works pretty well [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=154]STAR WRENCH[/link] [:-]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41818.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	835002  
Old 12-27-2007, 01:07 PM
rafa26

ORIGINAL: rclynx

This one has a spring clip that works pretty well [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=154]STAR WRENCH[/link] [:-]

The spring clip is to hold the plug right ?

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:49 PM
ferrariowner123

yes it you have ever used the spark plug remover for a car, with the little rubber insert, this is the smae thing. I have the same wrench its really nice. I highly recommend it
Old 12-27-2007, 11:49 PM
nitrorc89

why dont you just loosen your glow plug and take it out with needle nose plyers...
Old 12-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

squirt some silicone sealer into the end of a nut driver (or a 1/4 in. drive sockett)
put a glow plug in and let it set up. after it dries up pull the plug out.
Then you have a wrench that will hold the plug in without falling out .
Old 12-28-2007, 04:25 PM
infernalstone

I found in a computer tool kit.. the handiest little thing every.

It's about the size of a pen, and has a push button on the top. When you press it down, three wire claws extend down and out. When you release, it's got a pretty heavy duty spring (for it's size) and the claws retract grabbing whatever. I can get a few full turns out of a glow plug before the claws slip. But by then, my plug is seated 2 or 3 threads in, and isn't going anywhere. Works great for awkward screws as well, as long as it's metal to metal for a few threads.

Might want to try peaking at a computer store to see if they have any. The full kit was like..15 bucks, so if you can find it on it's own, it can't be more than 3 or 4.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:15 PM
TigerTail
My Feedback: (2)

Use a 2" or so length of fuel tubing. Stick the plug in one end and then screw it into the head. No chance of cross threading that will cost you a bunch of bucks................Then use the star wrench or a socket to tighten the plug.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:16 PM
TigerTail
My Feedback: (2)

Use a 2" or so length of fuel tubing. Stick the plug in one end and then screw it into the head. No chance of cross threading that will cost you a bunch of bucks................Then use the star wrench or a socket to tighten the plug.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:39 AM
vge

I have several of those tools and I can tell you that they are great and worth every penny. They are also good at taking nuts off tires etc... Also the good quality nitro rc's come with them. My ofna ultra mbx did, my lst2 did, savage x just to name a few. I tend to use the Ofna one more because it seems to grab the glow plugs better to me. But they are all good.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:02 AM
CrazyMento

arent they pretty much the same? i havent seen any thats completely different or the BEST. and $20 can get you more than 1.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:10 AM
jgeck90

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ow+plug+wrench
not that hard to find...it is a standard tool so there is not much of a choice so there really is not a "best" just dont get the traxxas one its cheap
you can also use a 8mm socket.
If you want one that will be nice and last long i would reccomend this
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKTL3&P=7