neupane00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default how to jump and land?

what are techniques for jumping and landing? i dont see much really? i mean, i know you have to perfect your timing but other than that there is no special tricks right? like when you up ramp or something, while in the air, u throttle and back goes down (nose up).. U kinda brake and u nose dive.. isnt that it?? i totally know it sounds easier than it really is.. cuz timing matters.. but are they any other tricks? with steering? and alternating throttle and brake while your in the air? etc etc? and oh.. how do you flip? i am trying all these stuff with my indoor ramps and my mini 1/18 th truck and its soo much fun. BTW, associates rc18mt is a loads of fun and so durable. this is probably my MOST misused toy and HAVENT broken a thing.. it my walls, ceiling.. (yes ceiling).. and everything in between. haha.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:31 PM
SportsFans

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: how to jump and land?

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT IT WELL UNDER HAND FOR THE BASIC, YOU JUST HAVE TO DEVELOPE YOUR OWN TECHNICS FOR THE REST, IT ALSO MATTERS HOW YOUR SETUP IS, WITH PRACTICE YOU'LL GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HOW YOUR TRUCK WILL RESPOND. LIKE ANYTHING ELSE, WORK ON SMALLER JUMPS FIRST THEN WORK YOUR WAY UP.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:41 PM
neupane00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SportsFans

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT IT WELL UNDER HAND FOR THE BASIC, YOU JUST HAVE TO DEVELOPE YOUR OWN TECHNICS FOR THE REST, IT ALSO MATTERS HOW YOUR SETUP IS, WITH PRACTICE YOU'LL GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HOW YOUR TRUCK WILL RESPOND. LIKE ANYTHING ELSE, WORK ON SMALLER JUMPS FIRST THEN WORK YOUR WAY UP.
thanks.. is there any other tricks? does steering left or right do anything at all? alternating throttle and brake? how do you flip?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:19 AM
hmott3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I can tell you how to flip with a savage x 4.6. We've only had the truck broke in for 2 days. This is our first even rc car. But here is how myself and my 9 year old son are doing flips. Give it gas and don't let off. Thats it. First day out with the ramp I built, 3 feet high, 4 feet wide about 60 degree exit angle. It doesn't seem to matter if you get a really long run to the ramp or like 10 feet back, just giving it gas and giving it through the jump is all it takes.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:22 AM
neupane00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hmott3

I can tell you how to flip with a savage x 4.6. We've only had the truck broke in for 2 days. This is our first even rc car. But here is how myself and my 9 year old son are doing flips. Give it gas and don't let off. Thats it. First day out with the ramp I built, 3 feet high, 4 feet wide about 60 degree exit angle. It doesn't seem to matter if you get a really long run to the ramp or like 10 feet back, just giving it gas and giving it through the jump is all it takes.
sweet!! i like it.. keeping things simple.. I know, i dont see much tricks here.. and yet, i go to different thread and people keep talking about "learning jumps".... Do people who have "learned" how to jump consistantly land on 2 wheels or 4 wheels on demand.. if so, then its different. Otherwise just with the basics and 2 days of practice, i get 70% of times what i want.. like nose in, nose up, flat 4 wheels..etc..etc etc..
Old 12-30-2007, 12:40 AM
ttoks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

once you get the hang of it you learn to use the steering to correct a bad take off (say hitting the ramp sidways), but you got the basics, the rest is down to you just jumping and learning how much throttle or break you need.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Ken448

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In time, it will become second nature to be able to save almost any jump. Just like driving toward yourself and reversing how you steer the truck. Notice in this vid, I correct the nose position to make a perfect landing on all 4 wheels at about 15 feet up. All this from standing about 100 feet away from the ramp (me driving in the background)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43834814873350
Old 12-30-2007, 05:25 PM
neupane00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ken448

In time, it will become second nature to be able to save almost any jump. Just like driving toward yourself and reversing how you steer the truck. Notice in this vid, I correct the nose position to make a perfect landing on all 4 wheels at about 15 feet up. All this from standing about 100 feet away from the ramp (me driving in the background)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43834814873350
this is nice man!! do u build those ramps yourself? where can i buy those kinda ramps? how tall is that ramp?
Old 12-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Ken448

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yah, I build them, it takes about 20-30 mins, and maybe $15-20 in materials. That ramp is about 28" high (I think) and has a 50" radius on it made for doing flips and going high. I have another one that I use for distance jumps. So the radius is not as extreme as the one in the vid. Youll see a ton of diffrent designs for ramps, all you really need is a couple 2 x 4's and a sheet of flexible press wood from the local lumber yard (I forget what its called, but its very flexible and is smooth on one side, and a bit coarse on the other and about 1/16 or 1/8" thick). A saw, a couple dozen screws and an imagination and you are good to go!