Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

BIGFOOT 1/5 SCALE, 26 cc GASSIE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

BIGFOOT 1/5 SCALE, 26 cc GASSIE

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:08 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BIGFOOT 1/5 SCALE, 26 cc GASSIE

I bought one of these on eBAY, brand new, but the radio is no good. It is a big truck...1/5 scale, with 26cc gassie engine for power. Radio is old AM technology on 27 Mhz and is highly interference prone from the ignition. The advertised radio on the eBAY ad said it was a Futaba radio..... it was not. The guy that sells these on eBAY has been difficult to pin down on making good on the truck.

I broke down and bought a new radio for it on 2.4 gig and have finally started to run it. The new Futaba radio is solid...no more ignition RFI issues. I bought the bottom of the line radio from Tower which comes with RX and TX and switch only. The existing servos work fine with the new radio.

Anyone else tried the really big trucks like this one? I would be interested in your experiences. If you are thinking about one, don't get it on eBAY....there appears to be one seller for these (the same one as for mine) and you would probably be disappointed as I was. Also, something I didn't consider is spare parts availability. Appears that there is no availability from the eBAY source I used. I broke some of the front end plastic parts and got nowhere trying to get replacements from that guy. I managed to repair the parts with kevlar and superglue. Lesson learned[>:][&o]

MattK

Old 12-31-2007, 01:05 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIGFOOT 1/5 SCALE, 26 cc GASSIE

Any AM radio, especially a RTR, is likely to have alot of interference. Also, Futaba DOES make many of the RTR radios found in todays RTR packages. They are just re-badged. So the seller may not have been entirely dishonest in that regard. As for the truck, im not familiar with em. Post up some pics. You may also get a better response in the large scale forum.