My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Needle settings on a broken in T-Maxx 2.5

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone could give me the some approximate needle settings for a T-Maxx that has been broken in. I bought it used, and all of the needles were closed. I fumbled around with it for about three hours and just can't to keep it running. I tried the recommended factory settings (and guessed on the idle setting). I know that the factory settings are rich for engine break in, so if someone could give me a general idea of a setting for the high and low speed needles and the idle screw, I might have a chance to get this bad boy running!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:47 PM
vge

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Needle settings on a broken in T-Maxx 2.5

Take the HS and turn it all the way in until it stops. Then back it out 4 1/2 out and the LS take it all the way in and then out 2 1/2 out. Those are the factory settings.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:22 AM
DaveG55

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There are no "general" settings for any nitro engine. There are only the factory settings. The factory settings, including the idle settings, can be found here - http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...l&cat=0&id=450. Once you reset to the factory settings you need to tune the engine in a logical fashion. You can find the factory instructions on tuning here - http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...l&cat=0&id=276. If someone gives you their "running" settings then they are doing you a disservice as it probably won't help you and can even harm the engine.
If you are having trouble starting then read this, there are several things to check out - http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...l&cat=0&id=118. Personally, the first thing I'd check is the glow plug.
Actually there is a LOT of good help on the Traxxas site - including help on tuning nd running in cold weather.
Nitro tuning can be frustrating, especially if you're new and/or dealing with a used engine, and you best tool is goint to be patience. So try to be patient, go slow and learn to tune correctly. It really will be best in the long run.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:25 AM
vge

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Those factory setting will surely get it back started. Thats where I got my info from the traxxas site. I had to go there after getting my revo used. My revo started once and no more. When I put the factory settings back it started right up.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Belker
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks guys, I certainly appreciate the help. I will readjust the settings and see what I get today. I will keep you posted and will probably have more qustions for you as they arise!
Thanks again!