Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Tips for Smartech Magic Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:54 PM
hardtech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips for Smartech Magic Wheel

Here is some tips for the owners of the Smartech Magic Wheel. I just want to share what I've done to my car to make it better.

First of all, everybody that has a primer on the tank should remove it. Sometimes that cause air leak and gas stop entering in the carburator. What you see in black is some high temp silicone. I put a screw in the hole.

Have you noticed some oil near the header or the engine mount? This is caused by a bad design of the header. The hole in the header is too big for the gasket and after some runs, the gasket disapear and oil begin to leak.

I buyed on ebay an aluminum exhaust header from HPI (86037). That fit perfect.

If you find that the suspension on the magic wheel is too soft, you can adjust them with o-ring avaible for the T-Maxx.
But you can adjust the suspension with big straw (is that the right word? I speak french so I'm not sure...) comming from slush that you cut the size you want.

From factory, the full throttle on my controller was not full throttle on my carburator. You can adjust this by putting the linkage in the hole below the other one on the carburator and adjusting the linkage near the servo. Do some test to be sure that the throttle and the break are perfectly adjusted.

Finally, just in case that you did not know, T-Maxx and Savage body will fit on the Magic Wheel. I destroyed my stock body in the snow and ice. I buyed a savage body to replace it.

Don't forget to seal the backplate with some silicone to be sure there is no leak.

I hope this will help some people that purchased magic wheel or any smartech nitro car. Remember that allmost every parts from old .15 T-Maxx will fit the Magic Wheel. It seems that some HPI parts fit too!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:05 PM
ScMc

Default RE: Tips for Smartech Magic Wheel

Thanks for posting those helpful tips! Looks like you're having fun with your truck.[8D]
Old 01-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Kemo

After this much work, it must be a truck worth having eh? That engine design isnt all that great though.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:29 PM
hardtech

This much work... comming from an "engine rebuilder" that sounds funny.
Yes it worth cause it's half the price of t-maxx.
And do you really know what engine is that? An engine rebuilder should know that
Old 01-29-2005, 10:26 AM
jaymagic

ALSO MELTED THE CLUTCH ...TRAXXAS 4146 (CLUTCH WITH SPRING) REPLACMENT,
MY R/C SHOP HEATED UP THE BELL HOUSEING AND REMOVED THE MELTED OLD ONE
SAVEED ME BUYING AN OTHER ONE.BODY TOTAL SPLIT AND CRACKED TO BITS ,GLUE AND PATCHED UP
FOR NOW(THEY ARE FAR TO THIN AND CRACK EASLY)
JAY
Old 02-01-2005, 06:50 PM
crazytrack

I noticed that one guy on this site is selling magic wheels. Can anyone give me some overall evaluation of this truck? Is it good to start with? The guy mentioned a website www.rseetoys.com seems only sell startech products. Has anybody ordered anything from there? Do they have good credit? Please give your generous opinions. I'm looking to buy a rc monster truck. Thanks!!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:43 PM
N4sir

The Smartech Magic Wheel, as well as their other r/c's, are imported from Taiwan. You may notice that the Magic Wheel is remarkably like the T-Maxx. Some people claim that it's an illegal copy. In fact most of the parts from a T-Maxx fit. The motor is a Taiwan .15CX with pullstart and the chasis is 2mm alluminum, thinner than T-Maxx. It is a 2-speed forward only. The MW is marketed as a 1/8 scale MT, however it's the same size as the maxx. The top speed is allegedly 38MPH. Smartech is an importer and is part of the Perfect International Group and the Toyhouse Manufacturing Corporation (in Taiwan with branch offices in Shanghai. Beijing, Thailand, U.S.A, and a production facility in China).

Hardtech, I don't mean to be knocking your MT. Just have fun with it.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:25 AM
tndiverdown

The magic wheel is obviously a illegal copy of the T-maxx. My advice would be to stay away from the chepo taiwan copies and get the real thing.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:58 PM
jaymagic

ITS BLINDING FUN 1/2 THE PRICE OF A T-MAXX
GET ONE NOW!!!!!!! AND THE SPARES ARE T-MAXX
IF YOU DON'T THROW IT OFF CLIFFS LIKE MOST OFF THE YANKS DO.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:15 PM
supernova803

rccar411 seems to flame some one in every post he enters.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:19 PM
johnxbox

whats the point of coming into a thread which is obviously intended for magic wheel owners and slagging the truck off? you should mind your *****n business!! maybee some of the ppl on this forum are just pisse*d that they paid top dollar for something they could have had half price.....the rest it seems are just spoilt american kids with to much disposable income...... "MOM AND DAD". and plus, you arab killers seem to pay alot less for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2005, 10:38 PM
supernova803

DAAAAAAAAAAAAANG! That hurts
Old 02-05-2005, 10:47 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: johnxbox

the rest it seems are just spoilt american kids with to much disposable income...... "MOM AND DAD". and plus, you arab killers seem to pay alot less for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you think about, When you make fun of america, you make fun of every other country. All we are is just a bunch of immigrants from around the world. And if you do not like our ways, sorry...Not our fault, we are just more interesting then your country. [&:]
Old 02-05-2005, 10:58 PM
supernova803

spoilt american kids with to much disposable income...... "MOM AND DAD"
I have to pay for everything. I'm only 14 and don't have a full time job so I worked so freekin long to get enough money to buy all my junk(see below). Actually, i worked for 6 hours today at my grandmas house to buy some parts.[:'(]
Old 02-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Pinolelst

and plus, you arab killers

That's uncalled for friend.Not every American supports what's going on just as you apparently don't stand behind that Blair fellow that's in charge over there .....[:@]
Old 02-05-2005, 11:03 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: Pinolelst

and plus, you arab killers

That's uncalled for friend.Not every American supports what's going on just as you apparently don't stand behind that Blair fellow that's in charge over there .....[:@]
Hence why we have hippies...[&:]
Old 02-06-2005, 12:16 AM
N4sir

Dear Lord JohnXbox,

How do I loath thee? Let me count the ways. I do not dislike the UK, in fact, I appreciate the support that our countries have been able to share since WWI. If I did have any dislike for your homeland, I surely would not post my ignorant political opinions on an r/c forum. So, please find a pleasant little X-Box forum to go to and stay over there. Are you minding your own "*****n business"? If you have come to flame others in a battle of wits, you have obviously come unarmed.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:11 AM
bamaracer0

whats the point of coming into a thread which is obviously intended for magic wheel owners and slagging the truck off? you should mind your *****n business!! maybee some of the ppl on this forum are just pisse*d that they paid top dollar for something they could have had half price.....the rest it seems are just spoilt american kids with to much disposable income...... "MOM AND DAD". and plus, you arab killers seem to pay alot less for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry you feel that way. I actually sold a paintball marker, and was forced to get out of the sport of paintball, just because I wanted a Revo. The "arab killer" comment went way off the deep end.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:17 PM
jaymagic

oh dear snapped the magic wheel in half..
t-maxx ordered bits ...bulkhead left &right and front skid plate.. [&o]
Old 02-13-2005, 02:19 PM
DarkSavageX

how old is the wheel?
Old 02-13-2005, 03:04 PM
neil.jb

ORIGINAL: DarkSavageX

how old is the wheel?
about 8000 years AFAIK

http://www.zyworld.com/Assyrian/Inve...he%20wheel.htm
Old 02-13-2005, 03:19 PM
DarkSavageX

ha i ment the magic wheel
Old 02-13-2005, 11:16 PM
USABaja5B

Thats great your having fun with the Magic Wheel. At least you have something, instead of just saving up for years to buy a T-Maxx. Once things break, buy RPM or certain aluminum bits to make it stronger.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

Why do people keep coming on here saying it is an "illegal copy of the T-Maxx"????? If it was illegal, don't you think Traxxas would have done something over the years about it??!! Traxxas probably sold them the rights to make their older version t-maxx. What do they care...they are now "double dipping" with the new AND old stuff. [&:]
Old 02-14-2005, 01:32 PM
jaymagic

darksavage. i've had mine only since 1st jan ,probably had a hair line crack i had'nt notice from a fence post
incident before this one with the pallett..the magic is about a year on the market after t-maxx sold the plans..
£12 to repair in plastic or £134 for ali stuff...doo.
sod the hop ups.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.